Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Thrice

Started by theis, Dec 17, 2009, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-argentina

I'm speechless, in 24 hours I lost two of my beloved bands, which in a big way shaped my musical career. I feel definetively hopeless.

Jacob

a shame, the last two albums have been pretty amazing and it feels like they're just beginning.

sounds like they want to continue playing together, but need some time off to care about their families for a while. I can understand that, and I can imagine them coming back in a few years when the kids are older and they're longing to get back on stage.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

rock_n_frost

braking up like a teenage girl is the new fashion for the bands i guess.
As tall as lions, now thrice?
They made my top3 album of the year
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

skinnypuppy

thursday and thrice
a tear was shed last week
from me

Deftones-argentina

me too. It's like a whole subculture crumbled down on 22/11.

skinnypuppy

yup. the main four were thursday, thrice, juliana theory and circa survive... only one left is circa.

lostpilot

the ORIGINAL four

Deftones-argentina

mmm...I'd put glassjaw on there, too.

skinnypuppy

Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 30, 2011, 01:33 AM
the ORIGINAL four

u rite

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Nov 30, 2011, 02:36 AM
mmm...I'd put glassjaw on there, too.

no offense, i like the idea, but don't agree. i almost included Brand New, but opted out of it. Glassjaw and Brand New are different, and grew up as bands differently than the Original Four we're talking about here.

Right? right? Can I get an AMENAH!

All four bands broke the mold of what bands are supposed to be like. They all progressed in a way that can't be said about many bands. Finch was an inch away from being in the same reigns of these bands, but combusted instead.

knifeparty

Thrice - Anthology

Thrice "Anthology" out Oct 30 on Staple Records.

Pre-order now! http://smarturl.it/anthologypreorder

Tempest2012

Where to start with this band?
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

theis

Quote from: Tempest2012 on Oct 08, 2012, 03:40 PM
Where to start with this band?

Well, I think they've gotten better with each album so I suggest you start with their newest album and work your way backwards.

lostpilot

Tempest2012

I always read some of the YouTube comments on their videos for amusement and a lot of people have said their lyrics are very 'Christian'...thoughts?
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

Jacob

start with Vheissu and go in chronological order to the latest. like Theis says, they've only gotten better and the stuff before Vheissu isn't that interesting in my opinion. it's basically two different bands.

I don't think you should start with the best album first, however. it's all personal of course, but I think the way they've evolved from Vheissu up until the latest one is very interesting and I think it'll add more to each album if listened to in that order.

Quote from: Tempest2012 on Oct 08, 2012, 08:07 PM
I always read some of the YouTube comments on their videos for amusement and a lot of people have said their lyrics are very 'Christian'...thoughts?

I don't care. they're not shoving it down anyone's throat. if I didn't know they're christian, I probably wouldn't even think about it. I think most of the lyrics stand on their own without reading any biblical nonsense into them.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

dictatesofreason

ghettovaquero

can someone upload Vheissu

kurtone

I'd start with Artist in the Ambulance and go from there, then you can follow their proression.  i only like a few songs off Illusion of Safety. As far as the christian lyrics go, to me they seem kinda heavy on major/minor, but that doesnt take away anything from the album, to me anyway.

Tempest2012

I went ahead and ordered Artist in the Ambulance, The Alchemy Index Vol. 1, 2, 3, 4, Vheissu, Major/Minor, and Beggars...looking forward to them.
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

lithium

Vheissu, the alchemy index,and beggars are perfect
💩