Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Thrice

Started by theis, Dec 18, 2009, 01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-argentina

I think they actually benefited, white pony syndrome:
before it was avaliable to buy it, people heard it...AND LOVED IT. by the time it was out a whole new batch of people got interested because of the buzz around it.

one weak

beggars? if vheissu leaked early (and i'm sure it did) then that scenario probably worked, but i think beggars was too distant for a lot of their fans, though i still love it.

Deftones-argentina

http://rileybreck.bandcamp.com/

just trowing a head up, this is where riley (thrice's drummer) posts his solo music. Kind of ambient music, I fucking love it. He and darius should do shit together. There would be so much shit that It could fill a whole bathroom.

lostpilot

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jan 29, 2011, 12:43 PM
http://rileybreck.bandcamp.com/

just trowing a head up, this is where riley (thrice's drummer) posts his solo music. Kind of ambient music, I fucking love it. He and darius should do shit together. There would be so much shit that It could fill a whole bathroom.

if only he would be interested in making music with me, lol. Compared to him I am a sandworm while he is a fucking hippo, comparing popularity and quality and etc. :)

theis

Those two songs on his site are wonderful.

theis

BEGGARS KEEPS BLOWING ME AWAY!

ah, this is becoming one of my all time favorite albums. every song is perfect.

one weak

the only song that doesn´t belong is talking through glass. i love that song, but it belongs on vheissu  i guess.

i wish they would re-record a song for milly michaelson as it's been played on tour recently. such an awesome non-acoustic version, and better than the original!
Thrice - A Song For Milly Michaelson (Live - Cardiff) HD

funny, but that does not look like teppei....anyone know who it is playing in his absence?

Deftones-argentina

I preffer the studio one, but this one is cool anyway. I think this was some months ago, he had to pull out from the tour due to family emergencies. I remember somebody from the other band they toured with stepped in for the time being.

one weak

awesome beggars performance. i love it, this thread actually got me back into beggars and the alchemy index after a few months of not listening much!
Thrice - "Beggars" (Live in San Diego 7-16-10)

E-Money

From Thrice.net

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates — There's hasn't been much to post since there has been a lull in Thrice related activity in the last few months.  We have been going through some things in our personal lives that ultimately, are much bigger and much more important, which had called for our full attention for the time being.  It's been a pretty crazy season of change for us and we appreciate all your guys' love and support. 

Furthermore, we found our storage space dead empty, robbed and quite literally swept clean several weeks ago (no seriously, they took a broom and dust pan and swept it clean).  Luckily, the stuff we currently use the most was at the studio, but we still had a lot of stuff taken.  The culprits were actually caught and are locked up at the moment and we were able to get some smaller stuff back (mostly cases).  We fully understand that this is a complete shot in the dark, but if anyone sees our stuff being sold (or anything that might be ours) at least in the Orange/San Diego/Los Angeles counties, please do NOT contact the seller, instead, contact our management at thricebay@gmail.com and let us know.  Just some of the stuff that is still at large:

- My Black '85 Les Paul Custom - Super bummed about this one as it was my main guitar for years.  Some key indicators might be: all nickel hardware, Dimarzio bridge pickup, stock neck pickup, significantly yellowed binding, a nick down to the wood around the middle of the neck.  Not the most identifiable guitar but what the heck, no harm in trying...I want this back dang it!

- Black Les Paul Custom Lite - This is a super rare guitar and (I believe) was refinished in black at some point.  I've never seen another black one so any black Les Paul Custom Lites might be a red flag. 

- Rhodes Mark V - Pretty rare keyboard and we'd be interested to hear about any of these being sold.

- Acrylic C&C Drum kit - Smoke acrylic 24' kick drum, 14' rack, 18' floor.  This was custom made especially for Riley and there is none other like it.  If you see this kit, then this is an instant red flag. 

Like I said, complete shot in the dark, but any shot is better than no shot I suppose.  In the end though, it's just stuff so we are giving a big collective "Oh well". 

On a happy note of change, my family and I just recently picked up and left our home in OC to move up north to an island in Washington.  It's a drastic change for us but a welcome and conscious one and I am absolutely loving it.  I'll be splitting my time between there and Thrice's home base of Orange pretty much 50/50 for the next few months as we work to get back on track and finish this record.  Maybe I can buy a sweet toaster or something with my accumulated miles. 

On the Thrice front, we are picking things back up this week and are back in the studio.  I feel like we've been able to pick our momentum back up fairly easily and we have had a pretty productive couple days.  It's actually been kinda nice to be able take some time off from being so immersed in it and come back with fresh minds/perspectives/ears. 

We'll also be playing a couple shows in the socal area in the beginning of March with our good friends in Circa Survive:

3/3 at Soma in San Diego

3/5 at the Musink festival

We're super excited about seeing/playing with those guys as they are stand up guys just as much as they are an amazing band.  We'll be sure to keep this site updated while we are back in writing mode.  Thanks for sticking around and checking in.   

Cheers,

Teppei

bright lights, big city

Good to actually hear something from them. At least he seems positive, even though their shit was stolen... and he moved to Washington. I'm looking forward to some new material, especially since I've heard it's supposed to be drawn from their heavier influences. But am I the only that senses some sort of hiatus or break-up coming? I'm just getting a Poison The Well-vibe when they were prepping Tropic Rot.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ChannelZer0

Anyone have a youtube rip of the new song THRICE played last night at  Bamboozle?
Sorrow

lithium

Didn't they do a full set of hot water music covers?
💩

Deftones-argentina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HZdtlRjMmI
here you can listen to the new song. Frodus vibe's, that can only be good.

and yeah, 2 hot water music covers are on youtube, too.

Deftones-argentina

theis

New song sounds fucking awesome.

Thrice - Untitled New Song

So excited about the new album.

theis

Law

Quote from: theis on May 10, 2011, 01:40 AM
New song sounds fucking awesome.

Thrice - Untitled New Song

So excited about the new album.

Good to see that coming back on here in such a long time, some new thrice pops up!

Cheers Theis. Liking the ballsy approach to this song.

theis

New album's called "Major/Minor" and will be released September 20th.

mr.sinister

Major/Minor eh? Sounds pretty interesting.