Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Thrice

Started by theis, Dec 18, 2009, 01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

I could float here forever

Martin

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 27, 2016, 09:20 PM
New song called Black Honey http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2016/04/27/475764110/vikings-choice-thrice-black-honey

Just heard it earlier today. Sounds promising!
I do find it...odd'ish...that the song's about...bees. And honey.

Inkblades

! No longer available

Love the guitar tone on this one.

LG95

Easily the best of the three released so far.

lostpilot

I want to hear the whole album <3

E-Money

I love this band but I just can't get into any of the new songs... Hoping there are some electronics on the record. The newest song is probably the most promising.

Inkblades

Fuck, that riff on Hurricane.

LG95

Pretty good album but too many missteps and parts that don't really do enough for it to be a great album.

Hurricane is brilliant though.

E-Money

So how freaking great is this new record? Absolutely loving it. Black honey is probably the only song that I can't quite warm up to.. But man the long defeat and death from above and whistleblower... Some of the best material they have ever written. So glad they're back! I've seen them live 4 times and they put on one hell of a show. If you get a chance to see them I definitely recommend it. Watched some videos of the new songs live and they sound exactly like they do on the record. Impressive .

And this one really took a few listens for me to get into.. I was kinda bummed with the first 2 songs they released but have enjoyed them much more on the record.

defskull

Definitely took awhile to get into but it was worth it. First couple of listens most of the songs kind of blended together for me and hardly any stand outs but once you give them the time holy fuck are these songs good.

lostpilot

I can't believe I will say this, but this is the most nu-metal Thrice album of all time.
Don't get me wrong, I really like a couple of songs, most of them have their moments but overall the instrumentals of the album are.. lazy? Mediocre?

Even while being mediocre they still serve a purpose to build nice sort-of formulaic rock songs.

MIXED FEELINGS

Martin

Finally sitting down for this record...four songs in, and it just sounds monstrous. Digging it so far.

LG95

There's two or three songs that let it down a bit IMO. Wake Up and Stay With Me are average songs with mediocre choruses and I'm not particularly keen on Salt and Shadow either. It's a shame because the rest of it is great.

Deadradio

Just saw them last week. Sounded excellent. Played a lot of songs of the new album. Opened with Hurricane. Sounded HUGE!