Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Clash of the Titans

Started by theis, Dec 20, 2009, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

The mortal son of the god Zeus embarks on a perilous journey to stop the underworld and its minions from spreading their evil to Earth as well as the heavens.

Cast:
Sam Worthington    - Perseus
Liam Neeson - Zeus
Ralph Fiennes - Hades
Danny Huston - Poseidon
Mads Mikkelsen - Draco

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Kickass cast. Kickass trailer.

Yeah, this is gonna be awesome.

bright lights, big city

Well, the special effects have to be better than the original. And that cast looks stellar. I think Theis is gettin' a boner over another big role for Sam Worthington, lol  :D
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

that looks pretty awesome indeed!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 21, 2009, 12:19 AM
I think Theis is gettin' a boner over another big role for Sam Worthington, lol  :D

Haha, most definitely!

devlin

trailer looks great. great cast. i am really looking forward to this. i love almost anything involving greek mythology.

ben

Sam Worthington is 1-1 for me.  He was in a near-masterpiece with Avatar, but was also in one of the worst films I've ever seen (Terminator:Salvation).  So this will definitely break the tie.

oldgentlovecraft

Well, the special effects have to be better than the original. And that cast looks stellar. I think Theis is gettin' a boner over another big role for Sam Worthington, lol  :D

The original is a classic!  Shunned.

All kidding aside, I think it would be great to see these kinds of movies come back. Good find, Theis, I'm looking forward to it.

On a side note, why do these types of movies always pick such poppy music as their themes/intros. I think this was definitely a metal - worthy trailer...

Hidalgo

looks ok, but it can't beat the original. not a chance, cgi blows

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 21, 2009, 06:32 PM

The original is a classic!  Shunned.

All kidding aside, I think it would be great to see these kinds of movies come back. Good find, Theis, I'm looking forward to it.

On a side note, why do these types of movies always pick such poppy music as their themes/intros. I think this was definitely a metal - worthy trailer...
I know, sorry. I do consider Ray Harryhausen a legend, but remaking the original actually does makes sense to me. For once.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Nailec

looks interesting. probablly too much action and not enough story and character depth for my taste.

Wax And Wane

Well.... Did anyone see this? What did you think? I thought it was just OK, The 3D was totally not needed or done very well at all. In my opinion.  :)
I will save your life..

Jacob

I've actually only heard bad things about it so far. I haven't seen the original on the other hand, so I might not have the same expactations as those who did.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Wax And Wane

If you compare it's gonna be total shit. If you don't even think about the fact it's a remake it's mindless fun.  ;D
I will save your life..

bright lights, big city

i'll see it eventually. a friend of mine with good taste in movies saw it. all he said was "average". thats it.
DERP

theis

I've definitely lost my interest in this.

As bright lights said...I'll see it eventually.

chick de la lynch

I saw this a few days ago with a co-worker (I would have preferred to seen Hot Tub Time Machine, but she was set on this one).

I enjoy Greek mythology and loved learning about ancient Greek Art and all that jazz, but this film was not good. Nailec hit it on the nose: more attention to action than story. Greek mythology is interesting on its own -- you don't need to mask it with special effects and action.

bright lights, big city

yeah i agree, i just saw it too. lame acting and writing. i saw it in 2d, but loved how you could tell with a couple scenes that they were obviously trying to make an excuse for the 3d.
DERP