Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Frodus

Started by Martin, Dec 23, 2009, 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

a.k.a. Frodus Conglomerate International, Frodus Sound Laboratories, FCI, Frodus Escape Plan, Frodus Deposit Insurance Corporation

Only heard about them through Thrice, yes, I admit. But then again, I only recently started digging hardcore or hardcore related bands.
Anyway. Digging Frodus, musically and the whole thing around them.

Anyone?

Deftones-argentina

Love their last album, to death. Besides and we washed... (which is my "listening-at-work-album-ever") I like a few songs from their previous records, not really into their Nathan-less era, but I think the idea of a group of people doing do it yourself hardcore and making something from nothing is really romantic. I'd recommend you their official live bootlegs.

Martin

Looking for that record, And We Washed Our Weapons In The Sea, but it's hard to find and Amazon sells it for ridiculous prices (for an album).
I agree with the romanticism of their DIY attitude. It's really inspiring. I'm starting to listen to them to get going in the morning / afternoon.

Going to check out more interview and their Tumblr scrapbook. If you know of stuff I should check out for info, let me know, thanks :)
Will have a listen to those official bootlegs, thanks!

lostpilot

And We Washed Our Weapons In The Sea <3
superb album

Deftones-argentina

Martin (in Arg the typical abreviation for your name is Tincho)  I'd highly recommend you this site:
http://www.themindcontrol.com/

It's Shelby's (the band's leader) site where Frodus biography and extensive liner notes about their album are located.

Martin

Thanks man, for both the website and knowing the abbreviation of my name :)

Martin

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Dec 24, 2009, 01:32 AM
I'd recommend you their official live bootlegs.

Went for your advice and bought the live at Black Cat (1999) iTunes only live bootleg. Digging it. Thanks man!

Deftones-argentina

you're welcome tincho, that was a hell of a show, I can't believe only a dozen or so people were in the room, it seems so intense. Kind of you for buying it, music needs more fans like you supporting the artists. If you want here's a torrent with all the frodus stuff ever, including Killing an Arab (the cure cover) : http://torrentz.com/59ee3a2f944e4929498d6dd6ce2c3a3dfc25825e

Martin

Hmm...I'd rather buy an album each time. I kinda don't want to download the entire discography in one go, rather get into album after album in time. But thanks for the link :)

Also bought Triobelisk :)

Martin

Argh. I'm starting to believe it is impossible to get And We Washed Our Weapons In The Sea for an affordable price, not even through iTunes (can';t buy from US iTunes store).

Deftones-argentina

By the way, Frodus split coming really soon, already recorded and mixed/mastered.

Martin

Nice. Good news.

In other good news, I found a second hand copy of And We Washed Our Weapons In The Sea for a reasonable price. Seeing how it's only send out within the UK, a friend ordered it for me and will send it on. Succes!

EDIT: How do you now it's coming really soon Deftones-argentina, I wondered?

Martin

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Martin on Jan 23, 2010, 08:37 PM
Nice. Good news.

In other good news, I found a second hand copy of And We Washed Our Weapons In The Sea for a reasonable price. Seeing how it's only send out within the UK, a friend ordered it for me and will send it on. Succes!

EDIT: How do you now it's coming really soon Deftones-argentina, I wondered?

Actually I read it from some of Shelby's site, i can't remember if it was their tumblr or their twitter. Congrats for adquiring and we washed, by the way!!!

Martin

Ah, allright, I'll have a look.
Looking forward to playing the CD loudly. It's stil going to take some time. For some reason sending stuff between UK and The Netherlands (or Europe for that matter) takes ages.

Martin

It has arrived! I now am the proud owner of a copy of And We Washed Our Weapons In The Sea!
And what an amazing album it is.

deftoner664

thanks for the introduction... I like
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Martin

Deftones-argentina

The split is done Tincho, waiting for being pressed or so from what they've been writing on facebook and twitter. I Also found that shelby does KICKASS artwork designs, just look at these:
http://www.shelbycinca.com/index.php?/music-packagingartwork/

Martin

Nice, I've seen some of his work on there, bot yet everything. Thanks!