Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Vote now for 2009 board awards

Started by Variable, Jan 03, 2010, 09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Variable on Jan 28, 2010, 09:35 PM
1 - But we are about to start a big ass offensive operation out here and clear out this taliban city. 

that sucks !!
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

jesusinabowlofdirt

"dont kill anyone, be safe"...  umm.. that doesnt sound like anything like war to me. talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time if u want peace and safety

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jan 29, 2010, 01:57 AM
1 - But we are about to start a big ass offensive operation out here and clear out this taliban city.

that sucks !!

yeah that sucks - for cowards like you and i. but this dude probably is pretty damn hardcore and signed up for this

rock_n_frost

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Jan 29, 2010, 07:50 PM
Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jan 29, 2010, 01:57 AM

that sucks !!

yeah that sucks - for cowards like you and i. but this dude probably is pretty damn hardcore and signed up for this
true that..

the thing i dont understand, is it really that neccesarry ?
i mean what the hell usa doing at afghanistan ? peace ? by war ?
if it was 1900 years that would be possible but in these day its impossible gain peace by war..

obama said there will not be war, ironic

whatever...i hope it stops, good luck
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

bright lights, big city

actually Afghanistan has always been more important than Iraq (with terrorism, bin Laden, etc), but we just fucked around for a few years before we got serious about Afghanistan. and Obama said there will be war, he is just simply trying to get the fuck out asap. and speaking of iraq, apparently all non-combat troops will be out of there in August. let's see if that really happens.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jan 29, 2010, 08:22 PM
i mean what the hell usa doing at afghanistan ?

there are like 40 other countries (even little sweden) there to help and protect the afgan people from the talibans, not just the usa. theyre there to prevent the country from being taken over by terrorists. so the people can have free elections and so forth

indychinoluv

Even New Zealand has been in the new with the 'war' recently.

This picture made front page showing one of our SAS (Special Air Service) elite shortly after they were involved in a battle in the centre of the Afghan capital. There was heaps of shit about showing his face and the threat of insurgants (sp?) targeting his family in New Zealand. He was giving the option to leave and come home, but he stayed.

He's also our first dude to get the Victoria Cross since WW2.

I just like the picture...he looks tuff as fuck!

blixa

Quote from: indychinoluv on Jan 29, 2010, 11:08 PM
Even New Zealand has been in the new with the 'war' recently.

This picture made front page showing one of our SAS (Special Air Service) elite shortly after they were involved in a battle in the centre of the Afghan capital. There was heaps of shit about showing his face and the threat of insurgants (sp?) targeting his family in New Zealand. He was giving the option to leave and come home, but he stayed.

He's also our first dude to get the Victoria Cross since WW2.

I just like the picture...he looks tuff as fuck!

he looks like zach galifianakis with dark hair. he does look tough though. oh, those kiwi's!

Saturday Night Whiskey999

1. Best Male? Zevaka and Deftones-argentina
2. Best Female? rxqueen
3. Best over all Member? the gijoe guy
4. Best topic of 2009? RIVER RAID
5. Worst topic of 2009? the rest
6. Best post of 2009? "All I wanna do is slap that ass with my penis inerected"
7. Worst post of 2009? "COOL, NICE ONE"
8. Hottest male? Some random guy
9. Hottest female? rxqueen
10. Best noob? that one bright light, big city
11.Worst noob? me
12.Most irritating? tarkil
13.Funniest member? samsom simpson
14.Doesn't even like deftones but they come here because their lives suck and the rest of us are awesome? blondie
15.Most likely to become homeless? variable
16.Most likely to aspirate on their own vomit after partying way too hard, or getting way too intoxicated all alone? vida_mae
17.Most likely to get a life and leave the board forever? variable
18.Most likely to never get a life and never leave the board? variable
19.Most likely to be an actual band member of the deftones posting under an alias? HEXAGRAMWORLD
20.Two members most likely to meet up and fuck? ( it doesn't count if they have already met up and fucked ) Withe Pwny an devilinside
21.You Fail Me is most likely to hunt down and murder theis
22.Who needs to come around again or A LOT more? no one
23.Who needs to go the fuck away? no one
24.Who would you like to randomly bump into at a concert? EL_PULKASZONE
25.Why is Variable (Trey) so fucking awesome at life? Cos he posts a lot on SL.

jesusinabowlofdirt

1. Best Male? Devlin
2. Worst Female? Vesanic
3. Best over all Member? Starz
4. Best topic of 2009? the shade is a tool by mikau
5. Worst topic of 2009? dont get me started
6. Best post of 2009? that one time, at band camp,and it was sooooo funny
7. Worst post of 2009?
Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 20, 2009, 11:25 PM

Now, we know.

8. Hottest male? ugly sons of bitches all of us
9. Hottest female? aiminarun
10.Best noob? nathan
11.Worst noob? no more sugar
12.Most irritating? vesanic
13.Funniest member? shine down unshy
14.Doesn't even like deftones but they come here because their lives suck and the rest of us are awesome? lost pilot
15.Most likely to become homeless? no more sugar.and i think its already happen
16.Most likely to aspirate on their own vomit after partying way too hard, or getting way too intoxicated all alone?
too many junkies here.who is worst i dont know
17.Most likely to get a life and leave the board forever? nuno
18.Most likely to never get a life and never leave the board? jacob
19.Most likely to be an actual band member of the deftones posting under an alias? if one of them would visit this page i would be real disapointed and i would lose the respect for them
20.Two members most likely to meet up and fuck? ( it doesn't count if they have already met up and fucked ) jacob,rock n frost
21.vesanic is most likely to hunt down and murder jesusinabowlofdirt
22.Who needs to come around again or A LOT more? bebo
23.Who needs to go the fuck away? the admins ;)
24.Who would you like to randomly bump into at a concert? chino
25.Why is Variable (Trey) so fucking awesome at life? cause he shoots talibans?

Variable

Dam, I didn't mean to start all that with my comment.  Thanks for all the good wishes though.  Things are going well with the opp.  If you guys are curious as to whats going on you can google "Marja"  or maybe "Marines in Marja" its all over the news.  Heres a link from a fire fight I was in, you can see me for literally a split second right around 52-53 seconds into the video.  Thats my boy Wage talking right there though, that was a fun day believe it or not.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35410943#35406522

I'm only back here on base and have access to internet because my truck hit an IED and got blown up.  So I'm still not going to be around much unless that happens again.  Seeing as how thats 2 in a week though, ill probably be back again soon.  

and just to ass my political 2 cents.  No its not necessary to be here.  If you look at the big picture ( bigger than just "oh theres bad people in afghanistan that allowed other bad people to plot 911 and we need to get rid of them")  You will see that non of this would even have happened in the first place if the US had not been intervening in the politics of this region for decades before 911.  these people would not hate us if we were not here.  and the true extremist would not be able to recruit enough members to do any real damage if we were not actually on their soil ( its pretty easy to convince some one, even if its false, that we are an  invading-crusading force when they see tactical armored vehicles driving down their roads and helicopters and jets flying over their house ever single hour of every single day).  So no, we probably shouldnt be here.  But there are a lot of agendas to need to be satisfied.  War profits, imperialism, jingoistic national pride, globalism, capitalist that see an untapped region of the world, ect ect.  Talk all you want about human right, but we are never going to force these people  into peace and into changing their culture with the barrel of a gun. And the way they treat each other, is DEEPLY ingrained into their culture.  It will persist long after we leave.  They are centuries behind.  Their culture needs to evolve just as western culture did.  It just takes time, you cant force it no matter how much you don't like it.
And Obama never once said he was against war or that there would be no war.  Thats just what people heard for whatever reason.  We are never fully leaving Iraq ( I mean christ we're still in Italy, Germany, Japan, and Korea ) no matter what they say.  And I have no idea what you're talking about when you say all "non combat" troops.  I know there has already been a huge troop withdraw and there will probably be more.  But we will still have thousands of troops there for decades to come.  They already established a status of forces agreement with the Iraqi government.  Obama's decesion for the troop surge was a good one based on the opinion that 100% withdraw was not an option.  If we have to stay, then lets whoop it on and get the job done already.  And believe it or not, we have always had a large presence here in afghanistan ( I was here in 07, remember?)  Its just always been way more popular than Iraq.  So once the troop withdraw happened in Iraq ( which believe it or not was put in motion by Bush , not Obama even though Obama gets credit for it ) The news started talking about Afghanistan again, because Americans prefer violence to sex  and the news needs its ratings somehow.

So yeah, long story short.  I would much rather spend all this money on education and scientific research than on war.  Or maybe just not spend the money at all and get our country out of debt.  
Oh and it seems a couple of you don't really know me all that well.  Yes I signed up for this and yes I volunteered for this year long deployment.  But I'm not really anything special when it comes to the term "bad ass" even though I like to have fun here on SL and pretend like I am sometimes.  Heres a recent pic of me right before we went into Marja.  I'm on the right for those of you who dont know me.  

Variable

But on topic.  thanks for all the good replies to my stupid last question.  A lot of them made me laugh.  Did anyone actually tally up the scores?

ToneDef

It's good to see you man. I checked that video.. crazy shit. I don't really have an opinion on the war, but just take care out there and shit man.

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Feb 25, 2010, 12:16 AM
But on topic.  thanks for all the good replies to my stupid last question.  A lot of them made me laugh.  Did anyone actually tally up the scores?

i tallied them up and the winner is.....GOLDPONY! in every category! (it was a little sad no one voted for me for anything...wait was i here in 2009? :D)

Good luck trey, be safe and try not to cause too many international incidents  ;)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 25, 2010, 11:36 PM

i tallied them up and the winner is.....GOLDPONY! in every category! (it was a little sad no one voted for me for anything...wait was i here in 2009? :D)

Good luck trey, be safe and try not to cause too many international incidents  ;)
dude you better be back for good
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

goldpony

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 26, 2010, 01:16 AM

really i never left, i was just biding my time, watching the posts and waiting.....waiting.....waiting....BAM!
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 26, 2010, 10:19 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 26, 2010, 01:16 AM

really i never left, i was just biding my time, watching the posts and waiting.....waiting.....waiting....BAM!
you just came back because you can't resist me

devilinside