Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Black Keys

Started by theis, Jan 05, 2010, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

My new obsession.

I heard their song "Set You Free" and my first thought was "hmm, what's this awesome 60's band I've been missing out on?". Then I find out it's two white dudes in their 30's who's making this music. A drummer and a guitarist and you have some of the most awesome RAW blues-rock.

These guys just rock. Simple as that.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

E-Money

Yupp such a sick band.  Just also recently got into them.  Check out Blakroc.  They write all of the music for that project. 

BBfan

This band is awesome, can't remember how I came across them, but I do enjoy them lots!

Another good band to check out with a similar sound to The Black Keys is Radio Moscow - http://www.myspace.com/radiomoscow

Jacob

pretty cool stuff.

it's becoming a trend to play blues-rock with only drums and guitar. I personally love the swedish band Johnossi who do the same, although with a lot more pop-ish sound:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

blixa

you should check out dan's solo 'keep it hid'. i really liked it.

i've been a fan for a few years. they don't disappoint.

your sister gets me hard

Yeah, saw these dudes back in 04.  It's alright.

theis

Good to see people are digging them .

I seriously can't stop listening. Some of the best rock I've heard in a long fucking time.

BBfan

These guys are coming out with a new CD May 18th - it's called Brothers

Stoked - 2010 is shaping up to be a kick ass year  ;D

theis

New album cover:

Haha, I love it.

shine down unshy

Can't go wrong with simplicity.

zee deveel 17

These guys are an awesome, edgy blues-rock duo.  I would say MAGIC POTION is their best record, just slightly ahead of RUBBER FACTORY. Although, you really can't go wrong if you decide to spin any one of their studio records. 

E-Money

Great album cover!  I love it when bands do shit out of the ordinary.  Should be a great album.

E-Money

So did anyone else feel that Brothers was a bit of a let down? 

bright lights, big city

yes i did. the album was easily forgotten amongst the other good releases this year.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I think it's pretty damn solid.

Definitely better than "Attack & Release".