Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favorite Deftones song & What it means to you.

Started by deftones86, Jan 09, 2010, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.sinister

Cherry Waves and Bloody Cape. Intense songs with awesome musicianship and lyrics.

lostpilot

I'm torn between Digital Bath, Battle-Axe and Minerva.

probably Minerva, cause it's so epic, static and grand

rocket

My Own Summer and Be Quiet and Drive.
Because they still give me chills when I listen to them.
They got me into the Deftones and Around the Fur was my first Deftones album.
Hexagram - cos those screams are bone chilling!
Bloody Cape - it reminds me of a certain time in my life and the breakdown at the end is awesome!
Rats!Rats!Rats! - Chino's demented screaming and Abe's furious drumming and blastbeat are breathtaking!

frud

Knife Prty - just because it's so amazing.
Dai the Flu, Birthmark, When Girls telephone Boys - theyre amazing and remind me of times in my life.

Jerry_Curls

I think my choice would have to be a tie between "Crenshaw" and "Battle-Axe".

I love Crenshaw because it showed me the delicacy, the experimentation, and the brutality Deftones/metal can have when fused together. Especially at a time when Deftones were being lumped into the nu-metal category, this showed that they had something more in them.

Battle-Axe was the song that sealed the deal on S/T being my favorite album of theirs. I love how the song is kind of slow, but not boring. I think this song was one of the first songs we got to hear from this album on those clips they had on their site [Chino playing the guitar]

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

endoeleven

dictatesofreason

Northcal

endstand

As I began to listen Deftones right before my first relationship with girl, some songs represent me intense feelings which I had during that period. Birthmark is the song which I reflect to the most. Line "God I'll even lick her fucking picture" reminds me of how addicted to that girl I was, despite knowing that there was nothing serious and pure between us. I always felt the hunger for her body, nothing more. MX is also about that addiction: "see you're a bore, but you move me".

Fist to me is about inability to cope with break-up ("and someday I'll be with her").

It's sad what I'm not attached to any songs from their last two albums.
hello memory lover, you are mine

Penicks

Quote from: endstand on Dec 14, 2013, 11:51 PMIt's sad what I'm not attached to any songs from their last two albums.

no it's not because they lack any semblence of raw emotion

nicklav

Moana

It transports me to a different head space no matter where I am at, and I can get lost in sound for a few minutes each day.

Braincleaner

It's nearly impossible to pick just one, but Beware and 976-EVIL seems to be rotating at the top the most for me.

Freedomsoldier17

be quiet and drive because of its simplicity, yet it sounds so great. also the lyrics go deeper than just wanting to get away, they yearn for love. change will also always have a special place in my heart because when i was more of a pop punk/rock listener i would hear this song on the radio, it kinda got me thinking deftones were a dark metal/goth band. it was different than what i usually heard, so it both kind of creeped me out and attracted me.

DJR

A lot of songs have different meanings to me, but to be honest my favourite song has no special meaning at all to me really.......Combat is just an awesome tune for no particular reason at all :) Closely followed by Dai and Bloody Cape, again just because they're perfect musically.

deftones47

I'm torn between WGTB, Hexagram, Gauze, Lotion...any of the really angry songs and then some others. I just love their message and the way they sound.