Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

bionic.

Started by blixa, Jan 28, 2010, 05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

so christina aguilera's new album has been postponed, which is just bullshit.

anyway, i'm really looking forward to hearing this as i didn't really like back to basics that much. some of the artists that have helped her craft this new record sounds like a wet dream: goldfrapp, ladytron, sia, M.I.A., le tigre, santigold, and diplo among others.

i hope there is more of those raw takes that linda perry made her do than her diva moments. we all know she can sing, but i hope that she takes her voice to all those dark scary corners in this new one.

also a lot of people seem to think the mystery of who is behind "Iamamiwhoami" is christina. her publicist has denied it but it won't be the first time a publicist has lied about something. i wouldn't be surprised that it is christina. it would make sense considering what 'bionic' is all about.

Alvar

just to get this straight: this is a threat about christina aguilera?

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

wither-I

hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

Please tell us more, Blixa.

wither-I

mia is kinda fun and ive heard one santigold song. i dont know about the others.

ill say though i have my doubts :)

ben

Santigold is damn good.  Her debut album is wonderful.

_Fireal_

Quote from: Alvar on Jan 28, 2010, 06:01 PM
just to get this straight: this is a threat about christina aguilera?
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

blixa

i'm actually serious. i'm a big fan. and this is a thread about christina. i suggest all the haters stay out because there is no place here for you, unless you want to repent for your un-christina ways (get it? un-christina sounds like un-christian, hahaha see what i did there? i was making a...forget it. i know i'm funny and that is all that matters!)

diplo is great. all the artists that christina has gotten together to work with are incredible plus she fucking surprised me by revealing what a big ladytron fan she is. her influences are varried. got to respect that from someone you would not expect it from.

trust me everyone. this is going to be iconic. christina is known for always changing her image and doing different things musically. i've been hearing awesome things about this. sia was in australia a while ago and she said christina's album is incredible. i trust sia's opinion. after all, she's from adelaide...wait, that's an australian thing. none of you will get it. but you got to have faith. when this record comes out *coughleakscough*, i want all of you to listen to it without any prejudice and come back here with aunty blixa and discuss.

i will have biscuits, and since it's a special occasion, i will have tim tam biscuits because america is deprived of the greatest biscuits alive.

E-Money

She was so hot in her first music video,  Genie in a bottle I think it was? She also has a way better voice that most of the other teeny pop stars.  Good luck with that leak.....hopefully u get it soon.     ;)

wither-I

Quote from: blixa on Jan 29, 2010, 12:19 PM
i'm actually serious. i'm a big fan. and this is a thread about christina. i suggest all the haters stay out because there is no place here for you, unless you want to repent for your un-christina ways (get it? un-christina sounds like un-christian, hahaha see what i did there? i was making a...forget it. i know i'm funny and that is all that matters!)

diplo is great. all the artists that christina has gotten together to work with are incredible plus she fucking surprised me by revealing what a big ladytron fan she is. her influences are varried. got to respect that from someone you would not expect it from.

trust me everyone. this is going to be iconic. christina is known for always changing her image and doing different things musically. i've been hearing awesome things about this. sia was in australia a while ago and she said christina's album is incredible. i trust sia's opinion. after all, she's from adelaide...wait, that's an australian thing. none of you will get it. but you got to have faith. when this record comes out *coughleakscough*, i want all of you to listen to it without any prejudice and come back here with aunty blixa and discuss.

i will have biscuits, and since it's a special occasion, i will have tim tam biscuits because america is deprived of the greatest biscuits alive.

tim tams are not biscuits they are COOKIES

there is a difference

blixa

Quote from: wither-I on Jan 29, 2010, 07:03 PM
Quote from: blixa on Jan 29, 2010, 12:19 PM

tim tams are not biscuits they are COOKIES

there is a difference

they are biscuits. always have been known as biscuits and always will be biscuits.

i quote:

"Tim Tams are a chocolate biscuit made by Arnott's Biscuits, Australia."

wither-I

when you are addressing "americans" you will call such things "cookies" because thats what they are to us.

biscuits are a COMPLETELY different thing. get it right or we'll invade you. remember; we made you who you are. now carry the roman torch with respect

blixa

Quote from: wither-I on Jan 30, 2010, 04:06 AM
when you are addressing "americans" you will call such things "cookies" because thats what they are to us.

biscuits are a COMPLETELY different thing. get it right or we'll invade you. remember; we made you who you are. now carry the roman torch with respect

i don't give a fuck about what you call them. in australia, they are called biscuits, or bikkies, MATE!

as far as i'm concerned, australia is the bastard child of england.

wither-I

we're all the bastard child of great ROME!

but america made you who you are today no doubt. its in the books, and you cant fight the books! england abandoned you. bastard.
america fostered your growth!

and why oh why do you aussies feel the need to add an "ies" on the end of everything?!?!

it sounds childish and immature. if youre going to be a power in this world you need to act hard. brekkies, schoolies, sunnies, they all need to go MATE!

ben

Ohhh damn, Biscuitchomper-Kangaroo rivalry going on here I see.

blixa

Quote from: wither-I on Jan 30, 2010, 07:16 PM
we're all the bastard child of great ROME!

but america made you who you are today no doubt. its in the books, and you cant fight the books! england abandoned you. bastard.
america fostered your growth!

and why oh why do you aussies feel the need to add an "ies" on the end of everything?!?!

it sounds childish and immature. if youre going to be a power in this world you need to act hard. brekkies, schoolies, sunnies, they all need to go MATE!

WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? are these the same books that tell you how amazing america is when we all know the truth! fix your healthcare system first them come talk to me about the "ies" of this world.

and no one said anything about australia wanting to be a power in this world. look how fast earth hour spread, if we really wanted to we can completely have influence. leave us alone with our footy and beer, don't mess with us! we want to live a simple life peacefully.

don't make me call russia on your arse, MATE!

blixa

rollingstone: goldfrapp talk more about christina collaboration.

Beyond the sessions for Head First, the duo had spent a week in Los Angeles in 2009, blessing pop superstar Christina Aguilera with some retro-futuristic sounds for her upcoming, electro-heavy fourth album Bionic. Although whether the track will be included is anybody's guess.

"We don't know what's happening with it," says Goldfrapp. "We don't know whether she's having an album out and we don't know if the track's on the album. We know nothing." "She was very sweet. Very professional, really on... She knew exactly what she wanted. She was really articulate about what she was trying to do. Just seemed really in control," adds Gregory. "We got the track to a certain point. But we haven't heard anything since. It kind of needs finishing."

When asked what the Goldfrapp/Christina collaboration sounds like, Gregory exclaims, "I don't remember!"

"Not that good as far as we're concerned, because it needs some work," adds Goldfrapp. "So we ing hope it isn't going on the record, because it ain't finished!"

rolling stone

this might mean that the goldfrapp collaboration will not be included. this is sad news, but we will see.

blixa

christina's video for the new single, "not myself tonight", premiere's this friday on vevo.com

surgery

The recent song she released, "Learning to Fly," is good. Christina Aguilera is one of the last living vocal legends from the 90s.