Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Mars Volta/At the Drive-In/Omar Rodriguez/etcetcetc

Started by lostpilot, Feb 04, 2010, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

sup
I guess this thread was also swallowed by the black hole (caused by your onanism) we encountered few months ago.
So please, when you masturbate, think about all the black holes. Please. Think. Put the dick away!

Anyway;
I have been listening to Octahedron a lot lately. If at release I thought this album was quite meh, now it seems a complete masterpiece to me. I love it how this album required some time to grow on me.

p.s.: "In an article posted online, it was reported that the band would introduce new material during a live show on Friday, January 15, 2010.'
so maybe maybe we will get a new album soon.

E-Money

mr.sinister

I thought the new album was fantastic. Very spacey lush sounds.

Another new album? Wow.

DefGuy

"I just like the way my dick feels when i listen to certain types of sounds...sometimes i hear certain sounds and they make my dick really fucking hard"  -Chino Moreno

lostpilot

Now in my perception the ratings of TMV albums are:

Amputechture - 7/10
Bedlam in the Goliath - 7/10
De-Loused in the Comatorium - 9,5/10
Frances the Mute - 10/10
Tremulant EP - 8/10
Octahedron - 8/10

I'm not sure how I got to this point that Tremulant EP seems better than Amputechture and Bedlam (which I used to like a lot, but now cannot find time to dig in again)

theis

De-Loused in the Comatorium - 10/10
The Bedlam in Goliath - 9.5/10
Frances the Mute - 8/10
Amputechture - 7.5/10
Octahedron - 6/10

The Bedlam in Goliath is such an underrated album.

mr.sinister

I love Bedlam. Octahedron is good, where is the luv at?

No More Sugar

idk maybe it's just me, but i prefer ATDI over mars volta.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

lostpilot

Quote from: No More Sugar on Feb 09, 2010, 11:15 PM
idk maybe it's just me, but i prefer ATDI over mars volta.

I decided not to ever compare them. I mean, to me it's all different sound, genre and music; so I would not really say I prefer one band to the other.

No More Sugar

yeah i get what your saying, and i do agree with that. what i meant was i like the atdi sound better than the direction they went after they broke up. i mean to me it just seemed like they were having more fun. their live performance will always be badass though no matter what kind of music they're doing.

lostpilot

Quote from: No More Sugar on Feb 10, 2010, 01:10 AM
yeah i get what your saying, and i do agree with that. what i meant was i like the atdi sound better than the direction they went after they broke up. i mean to me it just seemed like they were having more fun. their live performance will always be badass though no matter what kind of music they're doing.

well, in my eyes:
ATDI = pure emotion, live performances, jumping, screaming, etc
TMV = arrhythmia, math, chaos, psychedelia

No More Sugar

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 10, 2010, 01:17 AM
Quote from: No More Sugar on Feb 10, 2010, 01:10 AM

well, in my eyes:
ATDI = pure emotion, live performances, jumping, screaming, etc
TMV = arrhythmia, math, chaos, psychedelia

that i can also agree with :) and since they represent different things (not only in your eyes, but theirs as well) the two shouldn't really be compared closely

raynor

I'd heard about this project before and I was like "lol". But actually seeing that preview it doesn't seem that bad. I'd watch it.

ben

theis

Do you know any further details about this? Sounds ugly.

raynor

Quote from: ben on Feb 24, 2010, 04:20 AM

prolly fake though. there are alot of fake-thomases over at the coma.

edit: actually, probably isn't. still thomas is the biggest baby ever though.

JT <3

ben

Quote from: theis on Feb 24, 2010, 01:49 PM
Do you know any further details about this? Sounds ugly.

Thomas punches women in the throat.  Cedric hates Thomas.  Omar doesn't care.  Cedric's wife is immature.

that's really about it.

theis

ben

Yea it's really just  a bunch of stupid shit.

Anyway, lately TMV has been playing a lot of De-loused and Frances live, which is cool.  They say that TMV is taking a break this year....maybe an ATDI reunion?  Probably not =(