Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceache

Quote from: Nuno Cal on Jul 29, 2011, 01:44 AM
i dont know where u guys get the 2nd of august date, i dont see it anywhere else, only google entry of release date cames back here to SL

In an interview linked on one of these pages, they interviewed Chino and he said it'll be out at the start of august, and Tuesday is usually CD release days in the US.

spitfire

Quote from: iceache on Jul 29, 2011, 02:14 AM
i dont know where u guys get the 2nd of august date, i dont see it anywhere else, only google entry of release date cames back here to SL

In an interview linked on one of these pages, they interviewed Chino and he said it'll be out at the start of august, and Tuesday is usually CD release days in the US.
ok, but theres no pre orders anywhere, no album title, unless this is only digital.... still smells funny to me

iceache

Quote from: Nuno Cal on Jul 29, 2011, 02:16 AM
Quote from: iceache on Jul 29, 2011, 02:14 AM

ok, but theres no pre orders anywhere, no album title, unless this is only digital.... still smells funny to me

It'll probably be digital only.

Inkblades

He's pissed off because of the latter. Hahahaha. So ridiculouz. (I spelled that with a Z to show that I'm from the streets, ya'll!)

skinnypuppy

you all really don't know who Mastermind is do you? No doubt in my mind that August 2nd is the day we will hear new material. Probably a single. Maybe an EP. Maybe even the full album.

To literally spell out this game to you, Mastermind is Chino (or someone pretending to be him, but I doubt it). Furthermore, Crosses is all set up and ready to go via Topspin which is a service that delivers both physical and digital albums either for free (digitally) or for a small price tag. They also handle touring and other promotional ventures. Now that Deftones is no longer connected to Warner (their last album was Covers) that means Chino is no longer under contract from Warner to do side projects. Why do you think Team Sleep was a major label release? Because Warner has a lot of rights over high profile vocalists.  

What I'm getting at is it looks like they might release this without a label, or at the very least release some material without a label. Everything so far has been DIY. Pretty sure Velvet Hammer is not involved, either.

Inkblades

The thought crossed (No pun intended) my mind that mastermind was Chino, but somebody who would know verified to me that its not him. Might be somebody else though. Perhaps Shaun, or at least somebody close to them.

Something is definitely happening next Tuesday. It will definitely be more than a song. Just not sure if it's an EP or an album. I'm hoping for an album. How amazing would 16 songs coming out of nowhere be? Either way, I'm enjoying the mysterious, underground 'net campaign they have created with this. It makes everything more exciting

iceache

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 29, 2011, 02:59 AM
you all really don't know who Mastermind is do you? No doubt in my mind that August 2nd is the day we will hear new material. Probably a single. Maybe an EP. Maybe even the full album.

To literally spell out this game to you, Mastermind is Chino (or someone pretending to be him, but I doubt it). Furthermore, Crosses is all set up and ready to go via Topspin which is a service that delivers both physical and digital albums either for free (digitally) or for a small price tag. They also handle touring and other promotional ventures. Now that Deftones is no longer connected to Warner (their last album was Covers) that means Chino is no longer under contract from Warner to do side projects. Why do you think Team Sleep was a major label release? Because Warner has a lot of rights over high profile vocalists.  

What I'm getting at is it looks like they might release this without a label, or at the very least release some material without a label. Everything so far has been DIY. Pretty sure Velvet Hammer is not involved, either.

That makes sense, I really hope whatever they have is released on August 2nd, i'll pay full price if there's enough tracks. Chino said a little bit ago that they had 16 tracks.. so it could be full album maybe, or multiple EP releases?

Also, I was thinking that maybe mastermind was shaun, cuz I think rumors is chino lol, unless otherwise proven wrong :p

spitfire

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 29, 2011, 02:59 AM

ok, makes more sense now

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: iceache on Jul 29, 2011, 02:42 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 29, 2011, 02:23 AM
http://www.livingears.com/2011/07/ritualz-%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A1%E2%80%A0-accuses-chino-moreno-of-ripping-him-off-via-crosses-%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ritualz-%25e2%2580%25a0%25e2%2580%25a1%25e2%2580%25a0-accuses-chino-moreno-of-ripping-him-off-via-crosses-%25e2%2580%25a0%25e2%2580%25a0%25e2%2580%25a0#axzz1TRf0PlIu

ROFL who? Somebody tell this asshat that he didn't invent the cross. Pretty sure they've been around through, you know, history.

Who the fuck is Ritualz? Seriously?

Did he make that video? or is he complaining that they're using 3 crosses in the middle of the video?

only thing i can think of right now is that if you have a blog post about that fat fuck stealing my shit to let people know please.

who the hell does this dude think he is????

hi man

http://www.facebook.com/rrritualzzz lulz!

his fans clearly aren't on his side

iceache

Quote from: hi man on Jul 29, 2011, 06:09 AM

That guy's a little bitch.

He has this

†‡†

They have

†††

It's not the same, he has to get over himself

There Will Be Blood

Inkblades

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: iceache on Jul 29, 2011, 06:16 AM
Quote from: hi man on Jul 29, 2011, 06:09 AM

That guy's a little bitch.

He has this

†‡†

They have

†††

It's not the same, he has to get over himself

I'd like to see him take that to court. How is this guy so arrogant he thinks he has the cross copyrighted? Thousands of famous artists and musicians have used a cross in some way. If you read the comments on his facebook some of them really make good points and all he could say was "shut up" to them. Sad.

iceache

Lol, I messages him on twitter...

@rrritualzzz you are a gigantic douche and the biggest baby I have ever seen...

He posted a photoshop he did of the white pony album... I've never seen a bigger baby

Inkblades

I'm pretty positive he did it so he could bond with his small following about how startingly underground he is while trying to make Chino out to be some unoriginal corporate musician. Just pure ego masturbation on his part.

iceache

Pretty much lol... He asked me why I'm mad on. Facebook....lol

Inkblades

Who is really ripping off who here? ROFL!