We'll drink from the waves
and fill our soul
we'll fall asleep on the grid(s)
and seal our soul
can't choke on the waves
reveal our soul
we'd fall asleep on the grid(s)
and seal our soul

(remember beware.. FILL, cup, drink it..) ;-)
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

TheSeeker1080

†††
and feel our soul
we'll fall asleep on the graves
and seal our soul
can't choke on the waves
reveal our soul
we fall asleep on the graves
and seal our soul

why feel and not fill? easy, the second bar is feel because it rhymes with seal in the 4th bar. for the same reason it's reveal and seal and graves and waves. It just makes more sense musically that way. and I've listened to it many times now and I think it's right, although I will admit graves sounds like grids the way he sings it in the second to last bar, but that doesn't make sense, fall asleep on a grid? come on, think about it, plus i dont think fill our soul makes as much sense as feel.

lxix

Where's everyone getting Aug 2nd from? If they haven't got a label surely they can just make it available anytime they want?
Hoping you're all right but the mailing list's been quiet.

from_musings

Quote from: buriedbutbreathing on Jul 28, 2011, 12:31 PM
Is it too early to say I already think this sounds better than Team Sleep?

I would guess that it will be better than team sleep, from the little I've heard.but if it will be relatively mid tempo, some songs with distorted guitars, some songs with a more acoustic sound, some songs in trip hop spirit, some songs with female vocals etc ... the whole setup seems very similar to team sleep. like a follow up like someone said. can't say that i'm expecting hearing something completley new style-wise.. just hoping for a collection of good songs

defsteve

I heard Chino only sings backup vocals on a couple of tracks. The main vocalist is Dave Lee Roth.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

skinnypuppy

I could see Crosses building up momentum very quickly. I could also see Crosses getting as big as Deftones pretty quickly too. Don't believe me? Sleigh Bells, Postal Service, Broken Bells...

skinnypuppy

Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 30, 2011, 11:39 AM

and feel our soul
we'll fall asleep on the graves
and seal our soul
can't choke on the waves
reveal our soul
we fall asleep on the graves
and seal our soul

iceache

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 30, 2011, 10:46 PMSleigh Bells, Postal Service, Broken Bells...

Is this a cryptic message?!

TheSeeker1080

nice troll post skinny

skinnypuppy

Quote from: iceache on Jul 30, 2011, 11:03 PM
Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 30, 2011, 10:46 PMSleigh Bells, Postal Service, Broken Bells...

No, I'm trying to say those artists got as big as their original components (poison the well, death cab for cutie, the shins) in a short amount of time.

TheSeeker,
They see me trollin', they hatin...

iceache

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 31, 2011, 12:05 AM
Quote from: iceache on Jul 30, 2011, 11:03 PM

No, I'm trying to say those artists got as big as their original components (poison the well, death cab for cutie, the shins) in a short amount of time.

TheSeeker,
They see me trollin', they hatin...

Ohh ok.. Well it is possible I guess.. I can see why Team Sleep never got "big".. but if the whole Crosses album is as good as that teaser clip.. it could go places... I dunno, I really like when Chino sings that way, it's just so soothing to the ears.

skinnypuppy

agreed. team sleep had bad luck left and right. their tours were well attended and people bought the cd but it didnt have the push or passion that i think crosses will have. plus crosses is just two people, not an entire band

Inkblades

Team Sleep was and still can be something very special. I think the album would have been more successful if it had been just Chino on every song (that sounds close-minded, but its true). Still, it's a very good album IMO.

iceache

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 31, 2011, 02:59 AM
Team Sleep was and still can be something very special. I think the album would have been more successful if it had been just Chino on every song (that sounds close-minded, but its true). Still, it's a very good album IMO.

I dunno, I love the album for what it is, but I think they could have done better. Songs like "Your skull is red" are fantastic, so I'll have to agree, more Chino songs and less... well.. not Chino..

I think what really ended up hurting team sleep was how long it took for the LP to finally come out.. I mean we had songs in 2001? The album only came out in 2005

E-Money

its gotta be seal and not feel.... 

E-Money

maybe it is feel, fuck idk...........

cnr~

Sorry if im being really slow but i cant make much sense of the last few pages, basically, has the holy ghost turnt into crosses and is due an album on the 2nd?

lxix

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 31, 2011, 02:59 AM

Team Sleep should have just stayed with the original 3 Chino, Crook, Todd... 2001 demo leak album still beats official album hands down, whether chino's on vocals or not. Just my personal opinion obviously.

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: cnr~ on Jul 31, 2011, 05:26 PM
Sorry if im being really slow but i cant make much sense of the last few pages, basically, has the holy ghost turnt into crosses and is due an album on the 2nd?

Yea, pretty much. I'm not 100% sure about the album release date, but 'the holy ghost' is now crosses. Check out www.crossesmusic.com

rumors

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 31, 2011, 02:44 AM
agreed. team sleep had bad luck left and right. their tours were well attended and people bought the cd but it didnt have the push or passion that i think crosses will have. plus crosses is just two people, not an entire band

three.