Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Aug 09, 2011, 09:27 PMexactly that. she doesnt like deftones in general, but also, according to her, based off their lack of structure. ha. im going to dump her

Fixed. Haha!
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Geogaddii

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 09, 2011, 05:22 PM
tell that cunt to listen to deftones again

+1, hit and quit it dude. No structure?

skinnypuppy

Inkblades

What are you gonna put on your mix? Fist, Mascara, Teenager, Anniversary, Xerces, Ever, etc.?

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 10, 2011, 05:44 AM
What are you gonna put on your mix? Fist, Mascara, Teenager, Anniversary, Xerces, Ever, etc.?

Whatever you do, you should slip WGTB in there towards the end.

Inkblades

skinnypuppy

Sextape, minerva, to have and to hold, ghosts, the chauffeur, cherry waves, simple man, if only tonight, plz plz plz, be quiet and drive, deathblow, lucky you, digital bath, rx queen, teenager, fireal, mascara, jealous guy, natalie portman, crenshaw punch, xerces, ever, no ordinary love, beauty school, this place is death, beware

skipping anniversary since i cant stand that song for some reason

i know a few of the above aren't hella soft, but in comparison to their loud shit, it's like a lullaby.

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Aug 10, 2011, 06:01 AM

Whatever you do, you should slip WGTB in there towards the end.

hahahalol yessss

pinkmaggit

It's cool that so many people are liking this - Deftones fans and non fans alike.
There's some that don't like it, which is fine but then there's those that don't like it cos it doesn't sound like Deftones (psst it's not supposed to!) - so just enjoy it for what it is and appreciate that we've got something to listen to while we wait for the new Tones album.
I'm really enjoying it - thanks and well done Chino,Shaun and Chuck.
V - just curious, why/what don't you like about DE? Do you just not like it in comparison to other Deftones albums or just in general?

pinkmaggit

Quote from: Starz on Aug 04, 2011, 08:14 PM
I reckon this is what Eros will sound like but with a more darker vibe

I seriously doubt it - Eros was recorded when Stef had just got the 8 string, which I'm sure features prominently in Eros.

Sushi-X

Does anyone have any vids or songs of Chuck Doom? Tried google but no luck

Rocket Skates '94

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 09, 2011, 12:45 PM
http://www.chinashopmag.com/2011/08

interesting interview Vesanic, thanks fpr posting.

crosses seems to be more of a shaun & chuck thing than a shaun and chino thing, when chino doesn't seem to have written any music in it. By reading people's comments, i think that chino gets undeserved praise, compared with this chuck person anyway. when massive attack writes music and use other singers, in the end, massive attack gets all the credit. not in this cause though. I would hate to be chuck - sitting and making music all day while chino's on tour - and then when chino's tour is done,chino drops by the studio and sings a few melodies and get all the credit for crosses. chino totally steals the show

Inkblades

I'm sure Chuck knows the deal. Yeah, Chino might be getting most of the credit in the press but that's just because he's the biggest name in Crosses and, let's be perfectly honest, the reason most people are checking for it. Not to knock Shaun or Chuck, because I really dig what they did on this EP, but Chino is going to get them the listeners. Actually, I think someone like Chuck might consider himself lucky - from how it appears, he was an anonymous musician who is now in a group with a famous singer (a great famous singer, at that). Also, I think you're making what Chino does sound easier than it probably is.

from_musings

if it becomes widely known that it is shaun and chuck who writes the music, and chino is a singer who sings their songs, I would see it as something positive for chuck, getting help from a known singer. but if it will continue to be said that this is chino's thing with a little help from shaun, then I think chino is the lucky one. and yes, i think it is easy for chino to come up with those melodies but that's because he's very talented in putting cool melodies in songs. especially stephen's :) 

from_musings

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Aug 05, 2011, 01:47 AM
Quote from: Starz on Aug 04, 2011, 08:14 PM
I reckon this is what Eros will sound like but with a more darker vibe
thats

@ rock and frost - listen to the eros studio clips + melanie and say that those songs remind you of crosses.
i think you want eros to be dark crosses, but that's just you hoping for something. nothing to do with reality though

rock_n_frost

i think the begining song of ''in studio'' clips is very ''crosses''
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

from_musings

oh you mean beauty school demo? well eros might have 2-3 soft songs on it as usual, but don't forget that eros is the first record with stephen using the 8 string .you will hear him use it as much as possible no doubt. and when the day comes, you will it's a 8 string too

skinnypuppy

technically the only people that know if crosses sounds at all like eros are people that have heard eros ;)

from_musings

yes, but if a person said to you that "eros probably sounds like eminem" even you would use a "i don't think so" approach" to that statement. because - you've heard five albums before it, and you've heard one album after it. you've heard the band in question talking about the record, you prob know which member who wrote most of the songs,and you've read when they even used descriptive terms about the music on it.
you've also heard a a whole song and even 3-4 clip from the studio. a person like that can form an opinion and imagine things, and probably can come close to the truth. it may sound like crosses but then again nothing indicates that it does. the persons who writes crosses music (shaun and chuck) isn't even in the band who wrote eros  ;)

honeybeewu

I'm really digging the crosses EP. Been playing it nonstop. Get goose bumps to HGLYGHST and OPTION every time. I can't wait for more.

from_musings

personally i don't like those songs,i hope they haven't made anymore "sing-a-long-at-a-pub-with-a-beer-in-your-hand-"-songs.i do however love trick and bermuda, the latter which also gives me goosebumps. i thought that maybe chino wrote trick and bermuda and shuan opinion and ghost.
until today when i read that it is another musician behind them. pretty wierd that his name hasn't been mentioned anywhere.is it marketing? they make it mysterious and unknown and just mentioning two pretty famous persons to hype it up? Usually it's customary to actually say who's behind a project. strange,really strange