Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honeybeewu

I like all the songs on the EP, but those two hit me emotionally. I just read about this "Chuck" person today as well. I'm not sure what mentioning him earlier would have changed as he's not well known. Plus, the whole HOLY GHOST / CROSSES thing has been kept pretty hush/mysterious - so the way they treated who was behind it wasn't really startling to me. it could very well be marketing... i mean.. here I am a deftones fan who of course is stalking anything somewhat related.... and all the teaser videos, sound clips etc really had me intrigued.

alvarezbassist17

I think the EP is totally great.  I'm glad Chino worked out all the kinks in his vocals; that weird thing he did for a little while where he'd bend notes out of tune was irritating and I was pleased to see that didn't show up in this project.

deftonesfan192

Quote from: iceache on Aug 02, 2011, 06:38 AM
Lyrics....

THIS IS WHAT TEAM SLEEP SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

[/quote]

STFU!

lxix

defsteve

Kerrang review - KKKK

;D ;D ;D ;D
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

crosses

Forgive my ignorance but what does this line mean? I've never been too bothered with religion..

I dream a day that god will surface to retrieve his nails and open your heart.

Thanks

sing blue silver

Quote from: crosses on Aug 23, 2011, 10:47 PM
Forgive my ignorance but what does this line mean? I've never been too bothered with religion..

Thanks

i don't think it pertains to any particular religious nonsense. chino always writes weird, vague shit. i thought we were used to this by now? no point in really deciphering any of his lyrics as far as i'm concerned. just go with whatever it means to you.

fuzzylogics

If you read the interviews. He didn't even write the lyrics. They were pre-written for him and he just tweaked. Obviously too 'to-the-point' for his writing style.

Corleone

Quote from: crosses on Aug 23, 2011, 10:47 PM

Thanks

Jesus (some call him god) was nailed to a cross if you didn't know...

kitesvera

Quote from: fuzzylogics on Aug 24, 2011, 06:46 AM
If you read the interviews. He didn't even write the lyrics. They were pre-written for him and he just tweaked. Obviously too 'to-the-point' for his writing style.

Positive Chino wrote the lyrics. He just wrote spur of the moment type shit rather than trying to place words over the music like in Deftones. This was more of an "in the moment kind of thing" rather than trying to spend a whole lot of time on it. But he definitely wrote the lyrics.

luisch

Someone with spotify, Shaun Lopez have been create a account on this social network and people on fb talks about a new song here.

I can't create account because a country restriction.. thanks in advance

http://open.spotify.com/artist/1PZ7vbMyx7uaotm5Nq07xp
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Inkblades

Stupid Spotify with their stupid invitations.

Inkblades

from_musings

Quote from: luisch on Aug 25, 2011, 08:59 AM
Someone with spotify, Shaun Lopez have been create a account on this social network and people on fb talks about a new song here.

can't see any new song:

ChannelZer0

Sorrow

luisch

Quote from: from_musings on Aug 25, 2011, 11:54 AM
Quote from: luisch on Aug 25, 2011, 08:59 AM

can't see any new song:

what a shame, my bad
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

iceache

Someone go to the spotify link Shaun just tweeted about and see if its anything worth noting.

Sushi-X

Quote from: iceache on Aug 29, 2011, 01:05 AM
Someone go to the spotify link Shaun just tweeted about and see if its anything worth noting.

just a playlist he shared

Rocket Skates '94

pinkmaggit

This just gets better and better the more I listen to it.
I've always felt that everything Deftones put out is flawless and now Chino has extended this to his side projects.
To those who say this is what Team Sleep should have been - just enjoy Deftones for what it is, Team Sleep for what it is and Crosses for what it is
They're all a gift