Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkmaggit

Quote from: alexauclair01 on Sep 13, 2011, 03:02 AM
i fucking love the ep, everything chino and/or deftones do seems to be gold. cannot get enough of it

http://soundcloud.com/alecksawklr/bermuda-locke-auclair-rmx

I couldn't agree more - it gets better with every listen!
Your remix is awesome - good job!!!!!!!!!

To change the subject - I was just wondering how Crosses were getting their EP noticed.
I only heard about Crosses because of an interview I watched on Youtube.
Then I found out that an EP had been releases after the fact, but only because I visited this forum.
For the more casual Deftones fan or even those who are not fans, how is the band getting word of their EP out there?
It's not even mentioned on the Deftones website,
I told a lot of my friends about it, they never knew it even existed but ended up loving it.
It just seems a pity because the music is really good and more people should know about it.
Even though Chino never disappoints in anything he's involved with, I was really surprised by this EP - it was even better than I expected it to be!
Chino is really very underrated as a songwriter.
He is a master of beautiful, unexpected melodies time after time after time!

asshole

I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

kurtone

"During "The Years", Crosses strikes the perfect balance between The Cure's hazy rock hypnosis and a calculated modern glitch-infused doom-saying. Chino Moreno sounds utterly pristine as keyboards resound, bleeding out with him."

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/batman-arkham-city-the-album-featuring-coheed-and-cambria-panic-at-the-disco-daughtry-serj-tankian-crosses-and-more-4-5-out-of-5-stars/10666721

iceache

These guys are getting good press for a "small project" :)

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

BillyNo.9

KERRANG really don't know shit to be honest. I do appreciate the few occasions they do a piece about someone I like, but for the most part they just publish fad shit.

LifelessOne

Just posted my This is a Trick remix last week. Let me know what you guys think! http://soundcloud.com/lifelessone/crosses-this-is-a-trick
@LifelessOne

Inkblades

BillyNo.9

Hahaha he has no idea what's going on

snw9

Is there anyway to download the new songs as mp3s?Ive been tryin to but no luck
Code: [Select]

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Jacob

listening to the EP now and to be honest, I find it rather stale and boring. it's not bad, not at all. but it feels like it never really lifts off the ground and never really goes anywhere. sounds like half-assed demos.

he should've stuck with Team Sleep. that was a much better platform for his experimental side.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 22, 2011, 12:51 PM
listening to the EP now and to be honest, I find it rather stale and boring. it's not bad, not at all. but it feels like it never really lifts off the ground and never really goes anywhere. sounds like half-assed demos.

he should've stuck with Team Sleep. that was a much better platform for his experimental side.

kitesvera

snw9

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 22, 2011, 12:51 PM

More writers contributing, maybe Shaun should join Team Sleep
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Quote from: juvenile on Sep 22, 2011, 06:17 PM
More writers contributing, maybe Shaun should join Team Sleep

No. Fucking. Way.

BillyNo.9