Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ineedtofuckingsearch

Quote from: shoop on Jan 13, 2012, 11:59 PM
Quote from: heliumjames on Jan 13, 2012, 01:37 AM
Check this out.
this had a completely different vibe, fuckin rad

Prurien† + BassNectar

someone REALLY should fix that up and do it right, it has such potential in my opinion. also, my favorite bassnectar track.

Bassnectar & Crosses - Prurient (Timestretch Remix)

just something i threw together last night. its not perfect, so please gimme feedback/constructive critisism. i hope you guys think its at least half decent.

dl link (if anyone actually likes it): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GAG47F7M

rock_n_frost

I actually like it, downloading...
It shouldnt have been that different from the original song tho.
Its like %97 techno, %3 song
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

ineedtofuckingsearch

thanks man :)

i dunno, i was basically just trying to improve on that initial "remix" that was linked, where all it was was the vocal stem and timestretch. i do agree that remixes should generally have more of a resemblance to the original track than just having the vocals though. thanks for your feedback man!! :)

shoop

Quote from: ineedtofuckingsearch on Jan 14, 2012, 04:54 PM

i dunno, i was basically just trying to improve on that initial "remix" that was linked, where all it was was the vocal stem and timestretch. i do agree that remixes should generally have more of a resemblance to the original track than just having the vocals though. thanks for your feedback man!! :)

nice dude, got an mp3 by chance?  Don't forget, you have all the vocal stems from the EP to use.  What program did you use?

luisch

Quote from: shoop on Jan 14, 2012, 08:28 PM

nice dude, got an mp3 by chance?  Don't forget, you have all the vocal stems from the EP to use.  What program did you use?

http://www.mediafire.com/?cvohen6xcq26mzo

Check it out, all the stems of the EP
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

ineedtofuckingsearch

here's the mp3!!: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IKV9V40G

i know there's the vocal stems (and all the stems as a matter of fact) from the other ep, but i was merely improving on a remix of that particular song. as for what program i used, i simply used audacity. it was a matter of just chopping up the segments i wanted and bringing up the volume a little on the vox, then laying it over timestretch.

thanks for the feedback!! :)

shoop

Quote from: ineedtofuckingsearch on Jan 14, 2012, 09:00 PM

i know there's the vocal stems (and all the stems as a matter of fact) from the other ep, but i was merely improving on a remix of that particular song. as for what program i used, i simply used audacity. it was a matter of just chopping up the segments i wanted and bringing up the volume a little on the vox, then laying it over timestretch.

The quality seems a little bit less than that other remix. Also, the vocals should be turned up just a bit in my opinion, and possibly add some more.  Then again I got a cold, so i'm not sure i'm hearing just right lol.  Very interesting though, can't get enough remixes of Crosses/Deftones lately! Thanks to anyone who takes the time, much appreciated.

ineedtofuckingsearch

Quote from: shoop on Jan 14, 2012, 09:25 PM

The quality seems a little bit less than that other remix. Also, the vocals should be turned up just a bit in my opinion, and possibly add some more.  Then again I got a cold, so i'm not sure i'm hearing just right lol.  Very interesting though, can't get enough remixes of Crosses/Deftones lately! Thanks to anyone who takes the time, much appreciated.

on some parts, the volume is meant to be fairly low on the vox, but on others, i'm sure i can fiddle around and raise the volume a little. i'll keep the layered vocals option in mind, too. again, thanks for the feedback and i'll probably find the time to tweak it later on and see what you think. :)

if you're talking about the quality of my youtube video, it could be yt compression. if you're talking about the quality of the mp3, that might be coz its a lossy format. :)

shoop

Quote from: ineedtofuckingsearch on Jan 14, 2012, 09:56 PM
Quote from: shoop on Jan 14, 2012, 09:25 PM

on some parts, the volume is meant to be fairly low on the vox, but on others, i'm sure i can fiddle around and raise the volume a little. i'll keep the layered vocals option in mind, too. again, thanks for the feedback and i'll probably find the time to tweak it later on and see what you think. :)

if you're talking about the quality of my youtube video, it could be yt compression. if you're talking about the quality of the mp3, that might be coz its a lossy format. :)

yeah I meant the mp3. try 192kbs instead of 128 next time ;p    I think chino fits well over any trippy/spacey atmosphere, the possibilities are endless

shoop

^ with the quickness!  thanks man.

dictatesofreason

asshole

I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

rock_n_frost

HXGRMWORLD

Anyone got accurate lyrics? I have few missing words... thanks!
Rest In Peace Chi, Forever Loved and Honored!

dictatesofreason

pru·ri·ent-adjective: Having or encouraging an excessive interest in sexual matters.

from_musings

option,holy ghost, prurient = 3 cat turds in a cat litter box,nothing more.i guess they're suppose to make the listener in a good mood,when sounding uplifting and gentle,but all it does is make me feel irritated and some what angry- don't like this shit at all.and on top of this, this last one dropped down on us about the same time as that anthony green collab appeared, so this is makng me losing faith in chino's work. i always figuered when deftones quits, "well chino will still be making music" but chino=good music isn't a guarantee or certain by any means.
not that he wrote those songs by himself but this shows what kind of crap he likes to be involved in...the future after deftones looks bleak for now

rock_n_frost

dont care about what chino or other deftones members will do
it was a nightmare if deftones wouldnt make music 2 years ago

but now i know everyone can do good music
i love teamsleep or crosses
keep go moreno