Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Quote from: shoop on May 02, 2013, 05:34 AM
I thought it's been done for a while now?

It's hard to tell what exactly they are doing. They could be polishing up old songs or they could be working on new stuff. All the snippets Shaun put out since their formation makes it seem like they have a trove of unreleased material.

TheyCallMeP

A) cant wait for EP3
B) I would go crazy if Crosses' full length was of all new material not released previously on the EPs (I know I'm dreaming). Keeping hope due to the fact everyone keeps saying they have a ton of unreleased material.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on May 10, 2013, 10:36 PM
B) I would go crazy if Crosses' full length was of all new material not released previously on the EPs (I know I'm dreaming). Keeping hope due to the fact everyone keeps saying they have a ton of unreleased material.

If they do a full length, it will be new material. That's the point. There's a difference between an LP and a compilation of 3 previously released EP's haha.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

TheyCallMeP

I hope you're right, wasn't sure if this LP was gonna be a compilation album or not. Haven't been in the Crosses loop as of late, but I'd like to hear some new material.

iceache

Pretty sure the "LP" they talked about doing would just be Ep1/2/3 all on one disc/vinyl.

Inkblades

Yeah, they were talking about doing that. They should release an album of new/unreleased material instead. Feels slightly like a ripoff if they keep putting the same stuff out in different formats.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Inkblades

Jesus, they are some teasing motherfuckers. I don't want to hear from them again unless it's about the release of the third EP.

Inkblades

This week in vague, slightly infuriating Crosses news:

Shaun Lopez ‏@shaunlopez 54m
Yo @AmandaBynes I'm in NYC this week. I'll have the @CrossesMusic record w/ me. Lemme know if u wanna spit, I got 16 bars for u gurrrl. 🎤👸⛪

Obviously he's joking about the Amanda Bynes part, but what's this about a Crosses record? Does that mean album or EP? Can never tell with them.

@CrossesMusic
https://vine.co/v/bV7x1HXIjAB

With the creation of Vine, now Crosses can post snippets that are only six seconds. Wonderful.

bewareofrats

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Inkblades

Just the general lack of understanding on what their future plans are. I guess we'll find out eventually, but I'm impatient.

Gee

Quote from: Inkblades on May 26, 2013, 11:39 PM
@CrossesMusic
https://vine.co/v/bV7x1HXIjAB

With the creation of Vine, now Crosses can post snippets that are only six seconds. Wonderful.

Ha ha yeah brilliant. That video is pretty disturbing by the way.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

uroboros80

Request:   Anyone have instrumental versions of the Crosses EPs?

There were multi-tracks, yeah? 

play

"Going to Crosses, when do you expect to release the third EP?

Everything for the third EP is basically already recorded. When we recorded the first two EPs, we did it around the same time. So we’re sitting on the third EP with like four or five b-sides. I was actually with Shaun and Chuck yesterday and we’re trying to figure out right now how we’re going to do it. We’re most likely going to release the third EP as it is, because it’s a trilogy, and the bonus tracks we’ll probably release together with the whole record. When we’re going to do that, I’m not quite sure. Timing is important, I’m thinking as early as the end of this year, around fall or something like that, but it all comes down to when we can all get together and figure it out. I love this project because when it first came out, nobody knew about it until the first EP came out. I like it that way because it’s not solicited at all."

(via newnoisemagazine)
http://newnoisemagazine.com/exclusive-interview-palms-chino-moreno-talks-about-joining-the-band-and-how-the-lyrics-differ-from-deftones/

Deadradio

pony_01

Inkblades

So, if there's EP 3 plus four or five B-sides, that basically means there's two EP's worth of material to go, which makes it almost more like a full length album. Nice. Anyway, glad to hear it's probably coming this year (although when Chino hypothesizes a date for a project, that usually means it's going to come like six months later lol).

Deadradio

Posted in the Palms interview :

What's next with Crosses?

Chino Moreno: We have a bunch more music we're going to put out. I think we're being told late October around Halloween we'll have something out. Most of that has been recorded for a couple of years now. I've got to fix some stuff up, and we're going to put out a full-length with some bonus tracks on it.

Inkblades

Inkblades

Looks like Chino's recording more vocals: