Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plagasx

sharinglungs

Quote from: Inkblades on Jun 01, 2022, 01:17 AM
Or maybe new songs aren't coming any time soon? At the very least, it seems like something in their game plan changed. I just hope this isn't another Team Sleep situation where it's "We have a bunch of stuff planned!" and then nothing happens.

I think we know what changed now lol..

Inkblades

My best and only guess is they are waiting for Chino to finish the Deftones tour so they can plan their next release more. Maybe they want to shoot more videos?

Inkblades

Shaun is on the newest Change in the House of Flies Podcast. I haven't listened in full yet but he talks about Crosses along with SNW and Eros. Maybe there's some news there on what's happening.

GlimmeringMaggit

I heard it yesterday. Really good listen although I too had been hoping he'd say something on future Crosses plans lol.

The last ten minutes of the pod  ;)
Formerly LG95

nicklav

Yeahhh I figured we were only hearing one (inaccurate) side of the story.

GlimmeringMaggit

I don't know whether or not Sergio's side of it was strictly "inaccurate" but the way a story's framed can change the way you see the basic facts of a situation.  It always seemed weird to me that so many people got genuinely angry about it and never considered the idea that something like Chino's "outta pocket" comment might suggest that there was a bit more to the situation.
Formerly LG95

Inkblades

That's the internet in general, once a narrative catches steam it's pretty much impossible to stop it. Sergio just timed it right, he saw Chino's offhand comment and laid out his side of the story knowing they wouldn't respond. He was also lucky that most of the redditors and internet commenters have no clue what "outta pocket" means lol. But, fortunately for Chino, he is so beloved by this community that it won't ultimately leave a scratch. He's the face of Deftones and Crosses and his other bands and it's hard to defeat pure star power. Shit, "outta pocket" is pretty much a meme in the Deftones fandom now and something Chino could use to his advantage as stage banter for future shows or something.

Shaun is obviously going to be on Chino and Deftones' side because Chino is his boy but one thing I think he is absolutely right about is Sergio bringing Chi into the whole situation. That was really lame of him and I thought he was a little classier than that but I guess I was wrong.

GlimmeringMaggit

When did Sergio mention Chi and the Fender bass thing?
Formerly LG95

Inkblades

Not sure, but maybe in the interview where he claimed Chino asked him to replace Chi in the 90's.

GlimmeringMaggit

Formerly LG95

GlimmeringMaggit

Formerly LG95

Inkblades

Hopefully the October 28th date is when the vinyl comes out and the songs will drop on streaming sooner. I'm trying to be patient, but teasing us with a snippet of a song a month in advance would just be cruel, Crosses.

The snippet sounds cool - like some weird futuristic hyperpop.

Inkblades

If anyone still reads this board and is close with the band (defsteve?), you might want to give them a heads up.

defsteve

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 23, 2022, 08:47 PM
If anyone still reads this board and is close with the band (defsteve?), you might want to give them a heads up.

Thanks dude!
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

plagasx

Can't wait but dude these every couple of months wait for singles are painful. Wish they would just announce a new album and tour already man 😭😭😭

defsteve

2 days...
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

plagasx

So I'm confused.. Is it 2 songs or 1? They seem to be only promoting one song..