Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Skins

Started by chick de la lynch, Feb 14, 2010, 08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chick de la lynch

Anyone else watch it? I just started watching the second series. I'm a little addicted to this show.

Jacob

I've only seen the two first episodes of the first season because a friend showed me. I'm definitely gonna watch the rest because it looked really good. I fell in love with Cassie right away :D
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

blixa

i love sketch. i've only seen the first two series. i haven't watched series three and four. i've caught a few episodes of it though and they looked promising. it's a great show.

they're all a bunch of prats though hahaha i love them.

chick de la lynch

Cassie reminds me so much of one of the contestants on America's Next Top Model.

I love Sid. He's so awkward, but is your stereotypical "nice guy". I have a love/hate relationship with the rest of the characters.

blixa

i like chris and jal a lot. i loved their relationship. it felt the most real to me. i never sensed any selfishness within it. i also love sid. he's such an underdog.

cassie, michelle and tony were three characters that i just couldn't stand most of the time.

chick de la lynch

Yeah, Chris was the kind of guy I could see annoying the living crap out of me, but manage to still think he's loveable. I only liked Jal when she was around Chris. Every other time, she just got on my last nerves.

I do agree that Tony was unbearable, but at the same time I found myself attracted to his conniving and manipulative nature. The guy is smart and very attractive, it's just too bad he acts like a dick 90% of the time. I also enjoyed the dynamic between him and Effy.

Jacob

the episode where they went to Russia was fucking hilarious.

chick de la lynch

I was laughing hysterically when they went to go take a "shower". I must have cried during that episode from laughing so much. Completely random.

ToneDef

Jacob

I also gotta add that the music in this series is awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: blixa on Feb 15, 2010, 03:31 AM
i love sketch.

yeah, she was... special. I liked her too. I don't know why, but I always like the weird awkward girls.

anyways, started watching season 3 and I'm kinda disappointed. I miss the old characters, they felt more real and believable. they were starting to become young adults and had real problems that come along with that. they were normal people, most of the time at least. the characters in the 3rd season are so over the top.

chick de la lynch

Series 3 is saved on my Netflix queue but it won't tell me when it will become available.

I don't like the fact they switch the kids off every few series. It seems kind of...stupid.

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Feb 25, 2010, 07:28 AM

I don't like the fact they switch the kids off every few series. It seems kind of...stupid.

i don't like it either. just when you start to form a relationship with the characters, they change them. i understand why they're doing it though.

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 24, 2010, 11:50 AM
i love sketch.

yeah, she was... special. I liked her too. I don't know why, but I always like the weird awkward girls.

when she sneaks into maxxie's room and masturbates in his bed...i clicked with her. reminded me so much of myself, but not so psychotic. i actually cried very hard during that scene.

cEvin Key

Quote from: blixa on Feb 28, 2010, 10:44 AM

i don't like it either. just when you start to form a relationship with the characters, they change them. i understand why they're doing it though.

i love sketch.

when she sneaks into maxxie's room and masturbates in his bed...i clicked with her. reminded me so much of myself, but not so psychotic. i actually cried very hard during that scene.

wtf???
by the way the new series are a little bit depressing.it's like they're taking out the fun element.

chick de la lynch

I formed attachments with the first generation. They're like my first love. I think the next generations won't be horrible, but they won't have the same affect as the first generation does.

Jacob

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Mar 01, 2010, 12:33 AM
I formed attachments with the first generation. They're like my first love. I think the next generations won't be horrible, but they won't have the same affect as the first generation does.

that's exactly how it was for me. I loved each and everyone of the first characters, even when they were being idiots. the new group is not nearly as likeable (except for Naomi who is out-of-this-world hot) and like I said above, the characters are so over the top and not as believable. it's like they let all these bad things happen just for the sake of it, and everyone's acting like assholes for no apparent reason.

blixa

Quote from: cEvin Key on Feb 28, 2010, 11:21 AM
Quote from: blixa on Feb 28, 2010, 10:44 AM

i love sketch.

wtf???
by the way the new series are a little bit depressing.it's like they're taking out the fun element.

because i understood exactly how she was feeling; to be so absorbed into someone that bad. it's a horrible feeling, but you cannot stop yourself from behaving so extremely irrational.

el.roseabel

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Mar 01, 2010, 12:33 AM

yer same. first gen got me addicted to skins but i still love the newbies.

apparently there's a novel :|
i think it 's what happens between series 3 and 4