Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Looking for other bands with a sound like

Started by Sushi-X, Feb 15, 2010, 10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Hum, Failure, Deftones (BQAD sound) and shoe gazey Smashing Pumpkins songs. Anyone got recommendations?

Rocket Skates '94

Starz

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Sushi-X

Quote from: Starz on Feb 15, 2010, 11:17 PM
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

8)

awesome song!!! thanks  ;D, any other bands?

EDIT: btw what's the name of the band and the song?

Rocket Skates '94

Deadradio

Starz

The name of the song is Six Minutes and it's by a band called Stoopi. I didn't actually think anyone would like it lol

Sushi-X

Dead:  ;D sweet i'm gonna look into them. i liked that song. thanks

Starz: thanks, lol is that a bad thing to like the song? and when the vocals first come in i thought it was maynard singing

Rocket Skates '94

Starz

Nah it's cool you like it. It'll prob be quite hard to find the album on the internet so if you would like me to upload the CD for you then let me know.

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

Martin

decapod

This is kinda gay, but check out my band. We take a lot of influence from Deftones, you might dig.

VESSL: www.myspace.com/vessl

Starz

Martin: Yep they were on Loudspeaker. I quite liked a few bands from that label but none of them really got any where...

Sushi-X

Lol i don't think it is, but I will listen to your band out when i get home

Rocket Skates '94

defTHE1s

the song Deadradio posted is really good, i like it

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Sushi-X

dude your band is pretty cool. Do you guys have an EP or a album out?

Rocket Skates '94

darksoul

ok well that first song was kinda weak i think they could ve had a better vocalsong structure inda was lazy music though was good

White Pwny

Quote from: decapod on Feb 18, 2010, 08:22 PM
This is kinda gay, but check out my band. We take a lot of influence from Deftones, you might dig.

Great band.   

Also check out Silversun Pickups.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Sushi-X

Quote from: White Pwny on Feb 23, 2010, 05:36 AM
Quote from: decapod on Feb 18, 2010, 08:22 PM

Great band.   

Also check out Silversun Pickups.

I listen to some of their stuff but they just reminded me of Smashing Pumpkins, something about the lead singers voice that is off putting for me

Rocket Skates '94

Swords

jesu.

or 'siamese dream' by smashing pumpkins.
FYIHYD

occipudding

id like to hear some good music that takes influence  from sp and the deftones as well seeing as how sp is my favorite band and the deftones ranks in the top 5 (higher or lower depending on the timeframe).

though these are somewhat well-known bands, id recommend As Tall As Lions, Sunny Day Real Estate, and early Codeseven.

-as tall as lions always kinda sounded like they have a big sp influence, though they're much more subdued.  they also covered "33" which, in my opinion, is a damn good cover so check that out if you can find it.
-i always felt that sdre was emo's answer to the pumpkins.  also usually in my top 5 along with the tones
-codeseven, before they turned all pussy before breaking up, used to play metallic hardcore music with a big deftones influence.  check out "division of labor" and "a sense of coalition" if you havent heard them.  "the rescue" is a good record as well, though not hardcore, but still deftones influenced.

also i recently downloaded an album called "I Have Made My Bed In Darkness" by a band called Exotic Animal Petting Zoo, whose last.fm page states that "[t]heir initial sound combines the likes of The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Smashing Pumpkins, Deftones, and Sigur Rós."  I don't know about all that but you might wanna check it out.  honestly i think i was expecting it to sound more like sp or the deftones so i was let down a little when i actually heard it but it's still a pretty good record i guess.
machete!  meow