Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Looking for other bands with a sound like

Started by Sushi-X, Feb 15, 2010, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Quote from: occipudding on Feb 25, 2010, 07:26 AM
id like to hear some good music that takes influence  from sp and the deftones as well seeing as how sp is my favorite band and the deftones ranks in the top 5 (higher or lower depending on the timeframe).

though these are somewhat well-known bands, id recommend As Tall As Lions, Sunny Day Real Estate, and early Codeseven.

-as tall as lions always kinda sounded like they have a big sp influence, though they're much more subdued.  they also covered "33" which, in my opinion, is a damn good cover so check that out if you can find it.
-i always felt that sdre was emo's answer to the pumpkins.  also usually in my top 5 along with the tones
-codeseven, before they turned all pussy before breaking up, used to play metallic hardcore music with a big deftones influence.  check out "division of labor" and "a sense of coalition" if you havent heard them.  "the rescue" is a good record as well, though not hardcore, but still deftones influenced.

also i recently downloaded an album called "I Have Made My Bed In Darkness" by a band called Exotic Animal Petting Zoo, whose last.fm page states that "[t]heir initial sound combines the likes of The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Smashing Pumpkins, Deftones, and Sigur Rós."  I don't know about all that but you might wanna check it out.  honestly i think i was expecting it to sound more like sp or the deftones so i was let down a little when i actually heard it but it's still a pretty good record i guess.

so i checked out the rescue by code seven. its like a weird mix of incubus and tones. thanks for the suggestion :)

Rocket Skates '94

Starz

i really like Exotic Animal Petting Zoo.

defTHE1s

i donwloaded from here some moons ago a Exotic Animal Petting Zoo album and was pretty good

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...