Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

To tell someone that you have feelings for her...

Started by theis, Feb 16, 2010, 11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Hi fellow SL'ers.

So, in a bit of a dilemma here.

There's this girl whom I've grown strong feelings for and I feel like I need to tell her 'cause it's tearing me up inside. Can't sleep properly, not really hungry and she's always on my mind.

We spend a lot of time together, watching movies, partying, etc and I don't really think she's under any suspicion of how I feel. I've honestly never felt this way about anyone before. She's just *my* perfect type of girl. Sweet, gentle, caring, so easy to talk to and be around...

She's coming over to my house tomorrow night to hang out and I'm thinking about telling her how I feel.

I'm just fucking scared of the consequences. I have no idea how she's gonna react. I'm, of course, hoping for the best...but there's always the possibility of a lack of mutual feelings.

But if I don't tell her I'm just gonna be a miserable bastard and I'll wait for her to hook up with someone else...

How shall I do it? I don't wanna drop a huge "I love you, Isabel" bomb but at the same time it's important for me that she understands that I mean it (hence why I'm doing it while sober).

Ahh... love, it's a motherfucker.

Vesanic

Is it that girl you talked me about earlier ?

theis

Livewire

Tell her.  I had the same problem last October when this girl was on my mind.  I couldn't concentrate on anything.  She didn't have the same feelings as I did which sucked but telling her let me clear my head and move on.  Hopefully it will go better for you than it did for me.

theis

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I need to get a straight answer so I can move on...

nonesuch

i drink your milkshake

Crazylegs

I guess she wouldn't be hanging around with you if she wasn't the least bit interested. Don't worry buddy.

E-Money

your sister gets me hard

bright lights, big city

Livewire said it best. It may not work out dude, I've been in the same position, but you really have to go for it or else you'll always regret it. Good luck!!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

chick de la lynch

A girlfriend of mine had a similar problem not too long ago. I told her if she told him how she felt, she would feel better and if she didn't, she would regret it. Unfortunately it didn't go well for her, but she doesn't regret doing it.

I say do it. There is a possibility that things will swing in your favor, but you'll never know unless you try.

blixa

this sounds tricky. from what you said, it seems like you guys hang out a lot. if you tell her there will be a very high chance that it can go badly if she doesn't feel the same.

you can have a trusted friend kind of suggest to her or ask her if there's anything going on between you and her seeing as you guys hang out all the time and seem to get along so well. they can get a response for you to work from.

or you can just tell her. don't plunge into it pledging your love. just tell her you have feelings for her and you wanted to tell her because you want to be honest about your feelings because you care about and respect her a lot. it's difficult doing this. i know exactly how you feel. sadly.

lostpilot

Well, you should obviously tell her.
But it's not all roses and kisses after this.

raynor

I'd tell her, but I wouldn't go "I LOVE YOU!". That'd just be awkward, atleast to me I have no idea how you handle these sort of situations. Be more "Listen, I need to tell you something, I really dig you, I think you're blah blah blah (all the things you wrote there)" and then maybe if you feel comfortable you say "I think I'm falling in love with you" or something along those lines.

That's how I'd do it. Actually I wouldn't do it because I'm a coward, but that's how I pretend I'd do it! :)

theis

Some great advice all around. Thanks.

Yeah, I'll definitely regret it if I don't do something about it.

Quote from: blixa on Feb 17, 2010, 06:04 AM
just tell her you have feelings for her and you wanted to tell her because you want to be honest about your feelings because you care about and respect her a lot. it's difficult doing this.

Yeah, that sounds good.

Damn, wish me luck...haha.

blixa

don't tell her you're falling in love with her. i know you see it in the movies all the time and men think women like to hear that someone loves them, i urge against it greatly. even if you are falling in love with her, which it seems you are. unless you have an incurable disease - avoid it. be real about it. i'm betting your emotions are all messed up and something that seems like it's in the right place in your head is actually somewhere else. sometimes you think you care a lot more for someone than you actually do. don't rush into saying everything about the feelings that you are still developing. your feelings will form into a better shape once you tell her how you feel. there's always a realisation after you say something that you never ever felt or thought before.

we can tell you all the advice you need, but once you're in front of her about to open your mouth you will bloody forget everything. there's just her face and nothing else, and you're going to feel like the most smallest person in the whole world and at that moment you probably are the smallest person in the world. this is what people mean when you offer yourself to another person, naked and all.

i think you are very brave for doing this. most of us hide it inside us and wait for it to go away.

theis

Quote from: blixa on Feb 17, 2010, 12:03 PM
we can tell you all the advice you need, but once you're in front of her about to open your mouth you will bloody forget everything. there's just her face and nothing else, and you're going to feel like the most smallest person in the whole world and at that moment you probably are the smallest person in the world. this is what people mean when you offer yourself to another person, naked and all.

Holy shit, my heart is racing just from reading that. Goddamn, I'm nervous about this.

And no, I won't tell her I'm "falling in love". I'll tell her something along this lines that I have feelings for her and then hopefully the rest comes naturally.

Also, she's just so beautiful and that makes it even more intimidating.

I hope I can go through with it and not chicken out.

Penicks

just be a man and shove your big fat dick up her ass

Jacob

I'm with everyone else, just tell her. and don't make a huge deal about it, do it in a casual (and preferably drunken) way. "you know, I like you. a lot" - something like that. if you don't she'll end up with some other guy and there'll be lots of drama. if you tell her now, you'll either be better prepared for when she hooks up with someone else or she'll hopefully hook up with you.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep