Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

To tell someone that you have feelings for her...

Started by theis, Feb 16, 2010, 11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

be brave, my dear friend Theis, be brave!

but all in all, just try not to be nervous. I mean, yes, this is a big thing etc, but still - you should just keep it cool.
I'm pretty sure she won't hate you or something if you'll laugh a little about yourself being nervous etc.

when in relationship with my girlfriend, we have this very interesting moments when we express our feelings towards each other, but usually she knows that I get very awkward and shy when talking about my feelings; so I just go on and tell her - "get ready, this is going to be weird" and then something like "I want to have ten thousand babies with you" follow.

even though it's not your usual "I love like adore would totally brainlessly fuck your brains out you", but it still pleases me and my girlfriend. we're both kinda too relationship-observant and have quite the same views on cheesy romance etc, so in our relationship we've just kinda skipped the whole "roses and wine" phase and jumped right into "couple" phase. weirdly enough..

Penicks

Quote from: theis on Feb 17, 2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. I just don't wanna make it sound too overwhelming.

you mean you don't want to sound like a cheeseball. god damn it no more sugar, you suck.

sing blue silver

devilinside

I'm nervous for you! Telling people how you really feel is uber stressful. Please let us know how it goes. :)

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: theis on Feb 17, 2010, 04:23 PM
She'd definitely think it was weird if I opened up a bottle of wine on a Wednesday, haha.

what?? GET RID OF HER

jk. just tell her, dont think about how too much.. if its meant to be, u can stumble on words and it doesnt matter how fucked up u
present it. if its a decent girl with a heart she doesnt care about that.shouldnt matter if yr drunk or not. if it matter, its wrong from the get go

Crazylegs

defskull

Just tell her.  If you guys are good enough friends, just telling her wont ruin the friendship if it turns out she doesn't like you.  I've done this multiple times.  Just tell her straight up and that it's okay if she doesn't feel the same way.  You want her to be comfortable and not feel any pressure to possibly give up the friendship.  I mean if she knows that you're lovesick over her and it seems as if it's always going to be on your mind, then she probably wont want to hang out so much anymore.  But if you let her know that it's still cool to be friends, then everything should be okay.  I've been there where it eats you up inside.  Getting it off your chest and telling the girl feels so much better.  Even if the outcome isn't what you desired, you at least will know how she feels and you wont have to stay up thinking whether or not she likes you too.

Penicks

for me it wouldn't be okay. i can never be "just" friends when i'm almost obsessed by a girl. it's all or nothing for theis!

theis

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 17, 2010, 04:57 PM
you'll miss every chance you never take.

Too fucking true!

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 17, 2010, 05:00 PM
I'm nervous for you! Telling people how you really feel is uber stressful. Please let us know how it goes. :)

Haha, I'm damn nervous as well. but yeah, I'll report back. :)

Quote from: defskull on Feb 17, 2010, 05:29 PM
Just tell her.  If you guys are good enough friends, just telling her wont ruin the friendship if it turns out she doesn't like you.  I've done this multiple times.  Just tell her straight up and that it's okay if she doesn't feel the same way.  You want her to be comfortable and not feel any pressure to possibly give up the friendship.  I mean if she knows that you're lovesick over her and it seems as if it's always going to be on your mind, then she probably wont want to hang out so much anymore.  But if you let her know that it's still cool to be friends, then everything should be okay.  I've been there where it eats you up inside.  Getting it off your chest and telling the girl feels so much better.  Even if the outcome isn't what you desired, you at least will know how she feels and you wont have to stay up thinking whether or not she likes you too.

Great words, man. Thanks.

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 17, 2010, 05:34 PM
it's all or nothing for theis!

Not at all. I wouldn't wanna lose her as a friend. If she doesn't have feelings for me I'm gonna accept that and be cool about it.

Penicks

oh it'll eat you from the inside. especially when she finds a new boyfriend and tells you how he makes her feel, something you could not accomplish. you'll think you're a failure for the rest of your life. FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

No More Sugar

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 17, 2010, 06:46 PM
oh it'll eat you from the inside. especially when she finds a new boyfriend and tells you how he makes her feel, something you could not accomplish. you'll think you're a failure for the rest of your life. FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

For once I agree with you. Then you'll be like me and write sappy songs/poetry about how things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to.

Anyway, I'm familiar with the whole "courtship" phase of relationships, and yeah it's a tough task. Is she really that exquisite dude? for you to put your mind through all the stress? If so that's really amazing that you've found someone like that. I remember vaguely having that feeling about someone, and she treated me like a doormat. Now it seems like she's forever in debt to me because of her promiscuity now that we're just friends and i've moved on. However, a part of me still  loves her and always will. It's that pure feeling that Blixa was talking about. It never goes away.

Man, lets just say it's better to take a shot in the dark than to turn on the light and miss out on the kiss. I really hope that things work out for you, cause I'm a lover...and I can tell when others are lovers too. We all believe, instead of becoming what people are these days. One thing you never know is that some girls think it's cute to be nervous...some girls think it's alright to be flawed, and have the balls to open up and admit it. If she's the kind of girl who's expecting you to be perfect, then iny opinion that's where i'd draw the line right there...cause from what you've said, it seems to me as if you are attempting desperately to show her that you're not afraid and you are completely cool with just chill, when you really feel like you want to tell her the truth but you're afraid it'll scare her away. remember it's better to be honest, but it is also about the timing so...just trying to give you my thoughts.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

theis

So, I said it.

Well, unfortunately she didn't feel the same but she reacted very sweet and we had a good talk.

It was nice to get it off my chest.

Penicks

get ready for a period of desperate masturbation and booze.

theis

Haha, man. You do know there are other fish in the sea, right?

I feel good, 'cause to be honest, I didn't think I'd pull through with it. It felt good.

She's a wonderful person and I would never compromise our friendship over something like this.

Jacob

that's great dude, must feel like a huge weight off your shoulders. sorry she didn't feel the same, but like you said - there are plenty more girls out there. at least you get to be good friends with a really nice one.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

raynor

Well done man! I give you massive credit for saying it. Hope you guys still can be friends and you can move on quickly! Was she surprised btw?

Vesanic

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 17, 2010, 05:34 PM
Not at all. I wouldn't wanna lose her as a friend. If she doesn't have feelings for me I'm gonna accept that and be cool about it.

As Penicks said, I can't be just a friend for a girl I'm obsessed by, especially if she knows about that. The friendship would be too ambiguous then. You gotta wait some time.

Oh, and sorry if she didn't feel the same way. No regret, you did your best.

samson simpson

shit man youre youre  in your 20's right ?
not that that should make things any easier but you should atleast know by now that rejection is a MAJOR part of any section in life
so dont ever be intimidated or scared by it...because stressing over what will or wont be doesnt change anything

I feel you though man
Its always difficult to tell anyone your TRUE feelings about anything ( especially when it involves someone you love or are in  love with)
and for that it doesnt take "balls" or being "brave"  it just takes being human and expressing yourself

you won either way man

Livewire

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 17, 2010, 10:21 PM
get ready for a period of desperate masturbation and booze.

That's every day of my life.