Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

my covers of MX and Live from the stage

Started by deftoolsys07, Feb 20, 2010, 09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

hey y'all, just found some old covers i did of MX and LFTS on my computer... my hard drive crash and i don't have the original protools files any more, so this is all that's left... i've improved in every aspect since i've recorded these, from mixing to my vox hah but i'm not going to bother re-doing them. i have about 100 other originals that i lost that i am in the process of redoing... eh :/ , ,,

however here they are, let me know what you think

www.myspace.com/danblend27

edit: i also have a cover of Formant on here somewhere... if anyone's interested i'll post but the original file got lost and like i said before i really don't wanna redo it because that song took forever to do haha and the outcome wasn't GREAT, but it was good
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

E-Money

dude can u tab out formant? or just the intro an main riff?  your live from the stage cover is great man!!  I really enjoyed it!  I also like x clip.  are you going to do anything more with that one? 

deftoolsys07

Quote from: stapezee on Feb 20, 2010, 10:10 PM
dude can u tab out formant? or just the intro an main riff?  your live from the stage cover is great man!!  I really enjoyed it!  I also like x clip.  are you going to do anything more with that one? 
yeah i only post clips because i know my shit is so good that other bands may copy it (haha jk of course, but honestly that's half the reason...) yeah the "x clip" was an old song i had, i just really expounded on it and that's a clip of the intro, right after that it goes into a really heavy riff and shit...

deftoolsys07

Quote from: stapezee on Feb 20, 2010, 10:10 PM
dude can u tab out formant? or just the intro an main riff?  your live from the stage cover is great man!!  I really enjoyed it!  I also like x clip.  are you going to do anything more with that one?  

and yeah i can tab formant later, if i remember it haha... i'll have to play around with it and see

edit: did you hear my formant cover? i had it on there a while back, i'm going to upload it to myspace again now..

edit: ok i uploaded the last version of it i had, the "drunk" version, because i do believe i was drunk recording it... i had like 5 or 6 different versions, i never liked how it turned out, but it's not EXACT to the original, but give me some time and i'll tab it

E-Money

Dude that would be great man!! Thanks so much. I've only been playing for about a year and cant quite make out the song yet.  Im seeing improvement tho, Team Sleeps songs are easy to play too which makes it legit.  I'll check out your formant cover!!

Damn dude, just checked formant out!  I dig it!!  Its super chill and flows nicely!  Great Job!