Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radio 1 rock show Chino interview

Started by 2HitsThe6, Feb 23, 2010, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2HitsThe6

Only did a quick search cos Im heading to bed but just found Zane Lowe had Rocket Skates as his Hottest Record In The World feature on monday night and later on in the night there was an interview with chino on the rock show. I havent listened to it yet but theres news on Diamond Eyes etc. Apologies if its already been posted.
Heres a link to the rock show
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wq4s

iceache

THAT is how it got leaked a couple days early.

pixElsblUr

no, that was on the air today bro

deftoolsys07

hmm... the quality of the version of RS on here seems better than the official release actually... but it's the radio friendly edit...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

deftoolsys07

and for those who don't want to sit there and find the interview and listen here are the only main things mentioned about the album

-RS is one of several heavy tracks on the record, this album is more uptempo (old news)
-more energy, more aggressive, according to chino it's what the fans have been expecting from them

really short interview, but good quality RS imo, the vocal fx really stand out, as well as franks fx in the breakdown
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

White Wrist

always the same questions. always the same answ.

Numina

Hmm, RS does sound kind of different, I think it's just the lack of bass that makes everything else stand out more. The vocals sound like they're at the front of the mix, and I can hear frank better throughout the entire song.

jujuslim

Yea, this radio version does sound a lot better. WTF? :P  I would rather have this version

iceache

Quote from: jujuslim on Feb 24, 2010, 04:31 AM
Yea, this radio version does sound a lot better. WTF? :P  I would rather have this version
Trust me, you wouldnt. Radio = Compressed.

Hidalgo

Quote from: White Wrist on Feb 24, 2010, 12:14 AM
always the same questions. always the same answ.
every time. well maybe 1 out of 20 times someone will ask him something different. this particular interview sucked

deftomontt

who plays that awesome beastie boys cover? anyone know the name of the band that playthat version of sabotage at the beginin of the interview???

defsteve

Quote from: deftomontt on Feb 24, 2010, 05:30 AM
who plays that awesome beastie boys cover? anyone know the name of the band that playthat version of sabotage at the beginin of the interview???

Cancer Bats
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Far away

thanks for the link..

agree 100%

Vesanic

So there's another version of Rocket Skates in there, huh ? I'll try to rip it.

Vesanic

Chino Moreno's interview on BBC 1 Radio Rock Show with Daniel P. Carter + Rocket Skates [Radio edit]:

MP3 [128kpbs]
WAV [705kbps]

Rocket Skates only:

MP3 [128kpbs]
WAV [705kbps]

unfamed

Quote from: Far away on Feb 24, 2010, 01:10 PM
thanks for the link..

agree 100%

Really? I was thinking that that was one of the lamest, most uninspired covers I've had the displeasure of suffering through.
never odd or even

unfamed

also, I love that the volume control on the player goes up to 11.
never odd or even

jesusinabowlofdirt

rocket skates doesnt feel heavy nor aggressive .wtgb,bloody cape,korea are heavy to me. rs is just plain happy and full of playful joy.its ok but i rather eat a jar of worms than to listen a whole record with that mood. and no more "whoo's" im thinkin

Starz

Sounds like something that didn't quite make it onto SNW.

Absynth Z

22 minutes in....

"Feels Good Man..."
i switch to command, just because i can...