Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rocket Skates - Meanings

Started by kameron632, Feb 24, 2010, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kameron632

Post what you think Rocket Skates is about here!

No More Sugar

I've said this before. Rocket Skates = A vivid portrayal of getting vagina.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Sushi-X

Quote from: No More Sugar on Feb 24, 2010, 02:57 AM
I've said this before. Rocket Skates = A vivid portrayal of getting vagina.

Epic!

Rocket Skates '94

deftoolsys07

as chino just recently said, sounds like he's just trying to paint a picture, but i wouldn't necessarily say there is a meaning... i mean i think the guy really just writes random shit that sounds cool and we're led to think there's something deep, but it's just words in the end... for me it paints a dark, ominous, and beautiful picture..

but if there is a meaning i think it's about him getting off to cutting some bitch...

edit: the "right next to you" part would either mean he's the one who did it to the bitch, or could be meant as "i'm right there with you" as in he's getting cut himself.. i say cut because he says razors and knives... and because he says "sadistic trance" which means getting off to fucking someone up
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

SleazyP

I think its about a romantic escapade that Chino had, and he is describing it in metaphors that are only significant and known by him

HXGRMWORLD

Rocket skates is about... maybe hittin on a woman ... on a Good Sexy and Special... but in this case  some lust, erotism and some rude language mixed with poetry... make things a little bit better....

BY THE WAY

A brand new Deftones song is available for free download http://lnk.ms/4kXwL Deftones Rocket Skates... New Song! :)
Rest In Peace Chi, Forever Loved and Honored!

emehlen

Knfe Partys meaning to the band was totally different than its meaning to me, as is the case with pretty much all of their songs.  I think RS meaning is a lot similiar to Feiticiera's concept;  kind of like a daydream or fantasy of something like violence and ... like No More Sugar put it; "getting vagina"

deftoolsys07

Quote from: SleazyP on Feb 24, 2010, 03:36 AM
I think its about a romantic escapade that Chino had, and he is describing it in metaphors that are only significant and known by him

i agree... whatever turns ya on, ya know? haha

that's the beauty of writing like that, though.. by not coming out and saying shit flat out now we have a thread asking eachother what we think the lyrics mean and by turn we all listen to the song over and over still not knowing what the fuck it's really about, so there's always that spark of mystery...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

E-Money

yea some kind of fantasy shit.  similar to the white pony days. 

No More Sugar

Every Deftones song is pretty much like that. Not always about romantic escapades but something (an experience or fantasy) only he'd know about.

As for Rocket Skates, I believe maybe he was fantasizing about having sex with a girl...and a painted picture of murder-suicide.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Nathan

I think ya'll are on the right track...reminds me of slayer lyrics (but more artistic and less blunt)
We'll stop to rest on the moon, and we'll make fire.
I'll steal a carcass for you, and feed off the virus.

emehlen

it kinda sounds like he's alluding to PCP in some way because "WET" can refer to PCP usage and it can cause hallucination( "TRIP" )   It of course can also cause violence and schizoprenia in its users.  I've never done it dont ask me how i know this... blame pop culture

Edit: but yeah, I agree w/ everyone that only Chino really knows. His own band probably doesnt even know what its bout

There Will Be Blood

Starz

I think this song contains metaphors to the current USA's political agenda abroad in Iraq and Afghanistan and the current views the country has of the world.

Chino has done the whole relationship and fantasy bullshit to death. I like my theory but it doesn't matter if I'm wrong. That's the whole point of Chino's lyrics. So someone can take the lyrics and interpret them in any way they want. It doesn't matter if it's the true meaning behind the lyrics or not...

HXGRMWORLD

we have to be aware... sometimes when we think a song means something chino or deftones come out and say a totally different thing... anyway let`s see what happens and let`s see who was right! :)
Rest In Peace Chi, Forever Loved and Honored!

nineteenpeoplesnames

It's about a person with a pair of skates with rockets on but unfortunately the guy/girl has some guns, razors and knives and is on drugs in the rain listening to trance under the stars. The person then lands on all the guns, razors and knives and then there's loads of blood and then there's some other dude there.

Actually it's about knitting.

lahemi

Deftones-argentina

Said it before and I'll say it again, I think this song is about an epic menstruation. See Penick's pictures for better understanding of the concept.

Oh, and I can actually imagine some stupid turning on his rocket skates at the intro of the song, you can feel it.
Maybe that's what that "fire it" at the end of the song meant.

SleazyP

Any of these theories are possible, or it could be something on the complete opposite of the spectrum.  I think that is what makes their lyrics so great. :)

Deft_16_Ones

Quote from: HXGRMWORLD on Feb 24, 2010, 03:39 AM
Rocket skates is about... maybe hittin on a woman ... on a Good Sexy and Special... but in this case  some lust, erotism and some rude language mixed with poetry... make things a little bit better....

BY THE WAY

A brand new Deftones song is available for free download http://lnk.ms/4kXwL Deftones Rocket Skates... New Song! :)

Fuck really? We didnt know !!!!!!!  :D CHINO MARINAAAA WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH YOU ARE RED SOAKING WET !!!!!!!!!