Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My Bloody Valentine

Started by Sushi-X, Feb 28, 2010, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

So i've listening to S/T by Deftones lately and some parts of it remind of MVB's shoe gaze sound. Which got me back into listening to "Loveless", what else can be said about this record. It's just so damn beautiful.

Does anyone think that another MVB record is possible for release?

Rocket Skates '94

Deft_16_Ones

the movie?

Jacob

Quote from: Deft_16_Ones on Feb 28, 2010, 11:42 PM
Wanna be metal band for idiots. You cant expect more shit coming from a band that is on the same label as Britney Spears LOL. A friend of my girl likes this shit and she says is the most awesome metal band ever. Obviously she is a fucking retard.  ;D

what the fuck are you talking about? My Bloody Valentine isn't metal.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Deft_16_Ones

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 28, 2010, 11:45 PM
Quote from: Deft_16_Ones on Feb 28, 2010, 11:42 PM
Wanna be metal band for idiots. You cant expect more shit coming from a band that is on the same label as Britney Spears LOL. A friend of my girl likes this shit and she says is the most awesome metal band ever. Obviously she is a fucking retard.  ;D

what the fuck are you talking about? My Bloody Valentine isn't metal.

I read other thing dude LOL I read Bullet for my Valentine

LOL

E-Money

Loveless is one of my favorite albums.  I hope there's a future MBV release! 

chick de la lynch

It's a great album, but I can't listen to it all the time. Kind of like Radiohead -- they make some great music, but too much of it can be a little overwhelming.

I hear a lot of comparisons between MBV and The Smashing Pumpkins. I gotta say, I don't hear the similarities.

Sushi-X

Billy corgan did borrow a few ideas from mvb. Hell I think he hired Alan moulder, one of loveless producers, for Mellon collie

Rocket Skates '94

godin

Siamese Dream has a ton of guitar kinda like Loveless and it has alot of effects on the vocals. Billy Corgan was just a really big MBV fan
Dingus.

Zevaka

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Mar 01, 2010, 02:30 AM
It's a great album, but I can't listen to it all the time. Kind of like Radiohead -- they make some great music, but too much of it can be a little overwhelming.

I hear a lot of comparisons between MBV and The Smashing Pumpkins. I gotta say, I don't hear the similarities.
wtf, how can you set radiohead and mbv on the same level?
mbv started new genre, radiohead are the biggest hypes of the music of all time (maybe second after the beatles)

E-Money

Quote from: Zevaka on Mar 12, 2010, 07:42 PM
Quote from: chick de la lynch on Mar 01, 2010, 02:30 AM

wtf, how can you set radiohead and mbv on the same level?
mbv started new genre, radiohead are the biggest hypes of the music of all time (maybe second after the beatles)

WOAH, thats your opinion, and this is mine....  MBV are fantastic and definitely have had an incredible impact on music as a whole.  But Radiohead is also just as important IMO.  OK computer has had a pretty large impact on modern rock music.  I think both bands have had a tremendous influence on a lot of the bands I listen to!  I cant rank one band better than the other, they are both perfect.  I wouldn't say Radiohead is over hyped tho....and the Beatles over hyped?  Idk about that. 

Zevaka

the beatles and radiohead... perfect examples of bands that  i hate. Not just because of music and not even much because of music. They are okay. I'd say they are above average. Radiohead is an ok alternative/electrorock band. Nothing terrible and nothing special. What kills me is that they are SO FUCKING popular, it's bullshit that they are named best band of decade, that their albums are always on tops of charts... it's bullshit, i can name you tens of bands that play the same music but with cleverer texts, more creativity in song structures and instruments and so on but those bands don't get even 1/100 of attention that radiohead has. So i hate them not for music, but for weird quality/popularity ratio.

Sushi-X

Quote from: Zevaka on Mar 12, 2010, 08:00 PM
the beatles and radiohead... perfect examples of bands that  i hate. Not just because of music and not even much because of music. They are okay. I'd say they are above average. Radiohead is an ok alternative/electrorock band. Nothing terrible and nothing special. What kills me is that they are SO FUCKING popular, it's bullshit that they are named best band of decade, that their albums are always on tops of charts... it's bullshit, i can name you tens of bands that play the same music but with cleverer texts, more creativity in song structures and instruments and so on but those bands don't get even 1/100 of attention that radiohead has. So i hate them not for music, but for weird quality/popularity ratio.

not trying to start anything but list those bands. i'm interested in checking them out.

Rocket Skates '94

E-Money

Ok well Im sorry your hate and Radiohead and The Beatles cuz their popular.  So if MBV went platinum for every album you wouldn't like them??  Their might not even be a MBV if the beatles weren't around....who knows.  But the beatles definitely changed rock music WAY more than MBV ever will.  

E-Money

Quote from: MxKnife on Mar 12, 2010, 08:20 PM

not trying to start anything but list those bands. i'm interested in checking them out.

dude you definitely need to check out both Radiohead and MBV.  Both bands are absolutely fantastic. 

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

E-Money

Sushi-X

Hahah dude I have checked out both bands. They're two of my favorite bands. I starte this topic about mvb. I was just asking Z here to list the bands that he considers better than radiohead

Rocket Skates '94

ben

To hate a band based on popularity is simply childish.

theis

Quote from: ben on Mar 13, 2010, 06:25 PM
To hate a band based on popularity is simply childish.

Law

both english too, you damn racist!