Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

MAC VS PC

Started by There Will Be Blood, Mar 05, 2010, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

There Will Be Blood

Which do you prefer?

one weak

mac

i own both and value my pc for it´s low price and it got me to where i could afford a mac.

Livewire

mac

I had a pc until about a year and a half ago, but I had been using macs for 4 years before that because of my graphic design classes.  I couldn't imagine going back to a pc now.

E-Money

On my second macbook.  I've loved them both.  I'll never go back to pc. 

There Will Be Blood

I love my macbook pro.... like stapezee I will never go back to PC.  i just love having no blue screens of death.... lol

defskull

Just because you have a PC doesn't mean it has to be Windows.  Just saying.

blixa

they're both pretty good. people are becoming more creative and mac is your best friend if you are artistic in any way. with my photography work, i think i would trust the old school pc monitor more, but i think it's only because i abhor flat screen monitors.

this article is hilarious:
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/better-the-broken-windows-than-life-with-the-mac-monks-20091103-huew.html

Jacob

Mac is for pussies who only care about their computer being "cool".

I built my PC myself and it's way cooler, way cheaper and way more stable than any Mac.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Starz

the only reason i use a mac is because the software i use at university is for a mac only. otherwise i'd stick to a PC. You can build a PC yourself that will out-do a mac performance wise for half the price! mac's are over priced for what they are. just stick to a pc, build one yourself and you'll be happy.

lostpilot

back in Lithuania having a mac earns you +50 indie points

blixa

or you could just move to latvia.

Penicks

Unless you need Mac specific software like Final Cut Pro or shit, there's is absolutely no reason to pay that much for a computer. Unless you're a fag.

lostpilot

Quote from: blixa on Mar 05, 2010, 12:50 PM
or you could just move to latvia.

pretty much same shit actually.

Nailec

itt: social enviers that cant afford a mac or arent artists and want everyone to be as shitty as them.

me: i have a old pc but i want teh whole world to have both macs and pcs for the best results.

ToneDef

I use both.

Mac for simplicity, ease of use and awesome, intuitive design

Pc for everything else. Everyone knows Windows. We've been using it since we were kids, you know? I like having both. Windows gets so clogged with shit though.

chick de la lynch

I've had some bad experiences with Macs. It seems like everyone in or around the San Francisco area is really into Macs. What's so special about them?

Livewire

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Mar 07, 2010, 03:47 AM
I've had some bad experiences with Macs. It seems like everyone in or around the San Francisco area is really into Macs. What's so special about them?

I wouldn't say that there's anything "special" about them.  They're just an alternative to a pc.  That and apparently it's "cool" to own one now.  I agree though that not all people need to own a mac.  It just depends on what you need in a computer.

defTHE1s

yeah.
i'm fine with my laptop using windows vista.
a mac of this capacity would cost maybe twice as this laptop did, but since for now isn't really need for a mac, i'm ok with it.

but i would get one for the musical works i'm planning...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Variable

Quote from: Jacob on Mar 05, 2010, 11:21 AM
Mac is for pussies
The first few post had me thinking I should look into a Mac seeing as how I will be looking for a new laptop soon.  Then this statement pretty much changed my mind.  Thanks Jacob. 

And it seems to me that Apple's products have really taken off in the past decade if for nothing else other than aesthetics.  And seeing as how San Francisco seems to be nothing but a city of pretentious hipsters anyways, I think chick's statement confirms mine. 

Subliminal

Ubuntu, it's better than Mac and Windows and it's free. Shit, I can't believe it's taken me so long to get Linux. I've been an avvid Microsoft Windows user for a solid 7 years. XP gets the job done, no complaints with that. Vista runs like shit (unless you got a Terminator for a PC) and Windows 7...jesus christ, let's not even go there.

With Ubuntu (or any other Linux based OS) If you need to use any programmes for Windows/Macs you can just use a Emulator or whatever it is you use. Microsoft are too busy making shit difficult, pretty and slow as shit, whilst Macs are pretty much fooling everyone with their fancy hardware designs and interfaces, when you can get the exact quality from a Linux OS which is source based and fucking free.

It amazes me how people buy into Corporate products, thinking they're made for your benefit. Like fuck are they.... Windows tweak a few looks here and there, add another feature and BAM everyone is sold, hook, line and sinker. Same with Macs. Yet I'm using something made for free and it's the best thing I've ever come across!? and if there is a problem, there is a multitude of people willing to help because it's part of the process, everyone helping eachother. Yet Microsoft have still yet to fix a simple Mic issue with Windows 7 since it's been released.

Sorry, large rant there, but God damn.. people need to wake up to these fat cats scoffing your money.