Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Modern Warfare 2: Bitch, Moan, and Brag Thread

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Mar 11, 2010, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

I play this game more than I should, but I am addicted. I figured if there are still people here regularly playing we can form SL teams (on 360) and discuss our feats and defeats in this thread.  I'll add random topics as I go.

Tag: oldgent
Clan: HPL
Title: Spas Prestige Veteran (500 kills)
Emblem: Riot Shield/Skull
Killstreak Rewards: UAV, Care Package, Sentry Gun (about to pop Airdrop Inboud: 1000 packages dropped)
Level: Prestige 1, 70 (trying to finish challenges/perks/etc.)

bright lights, big city

Ahh so you're one of those fuckers that run around with the riot shield haha. I admit I get addicted to this game too, but I'm trying other games as well. Lately I've been getting into the Battlefield series. But yeah I still always come back to this game. So you done with the prestiging after that 1st one? I never quit it, with CoD4 I got up to 10th prestige, but with this it's taking forever to prestige.

Tag: xmikeditkax
Clan: depends, I've got about 7 friends I play with from the 630 area code, so that is probably my normal clan tag. But sometimes I change mine to annoy other people in the lobby, and then I sometimes change it up with GÜCH or SHAT.
Title: currently it's Heads Up! (from killing an enemy with a care package crate)
Emblem: the one that looks like the cogs from Gears of War
Killstreak Rewards: UAV, Care Package, Pavelow
Level: Prestige 3, 46
Best Class: Scar w/ silencer and heartbeat; silenced M1014; Bling Pro; Cold-blooded; Ninja Pro
Stats: Win:Loss = 1.73
           Kill:Death = 1.78
           Accuracy = 23.05%
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

oh yeah and supposedly on March 30 we get 5 new multiplayer maps
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 11, 2010, 03:56 PM

I heard  that!

And I'm just a challenge junkie. I like the horror-ish emblems and titles normally (infected, mmmm brains, etc). The riot shield annoys me too, but it's funny to use.

I'm too impatient to use heartbeat sensors and usually just run in and murder anything I see. My K/D is still below one, but I play too fast for my own good sometimes.

TheWatcher

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 11, 2010, 03:56 PM
i cant wait for that...

Saturday Night Whiskey999

you have to pay for this shit, while on battlefield bad company 2 the maps are for free on the same day.

bright lights, big city

too bad they are maps that are already on the disc, they just add them to different modes. whereas we drop a 10 spot on MW2 for 5 NEW maps added to ALL playlists. BOOM!

don't get me wrong though, i do fancy myself some battlefield sometimes as well.

EDIT: ok i was wrong, its going to be 3 new maps plus 2 remakes from cod4. and at least the remakes are of Overgrown and Crash, my 2 favorites from that game.
DERP

TheWatcher

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 14, 2010, 04:12 PM
too bad they are maps that are already on the disc, they just add them to different modes. whereas we drop a 10 spot on MW2 for 5 NEW maps added to ALL playlists. BOOM!

don't get me wrong though, i do fancy myself some battlefield sometimes as well.

EDIT: ok i was wrong, its going to be 3 new maps plus 2 remakes from cod4. and at least the remakes are of Overgrown and Crash, my 2 favorites from that game.

Yeah, a few new maps would be great.

bright lights, big city

ok, how many of you guys actually paid the $15?
DERP

Saturday Night Whiskey999

shit wanna sell it for 15 bucks? too expensivecounting the maps from cod4. and no, in battlefield bc 2 the maps arent on the disc, they are really extra stuff that you download.

Im just tired to play modern warfare 2, its pretty much the same thing everytime...

bright lights, big city

i have bfbc2 and i have yet to DL anything. i go to its store and it says it's already downloaded. that's happened with both of their "map packs" so far.

but yeah you are right about mw2. $15 is crossing the line. fuck that and fuck them. i'm waiting till it's at least down to $10, where it should be.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

I actually didn't mind paying for it, and it's now available on all modes (which it wasn't a day ago).  It's a nice change of pace and the double xp makes it more than worth it.

bright lights, big city

yeah i am enjoying the double xp... went up like 10 levels today.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 02, 2010, 04:35 AM
yeah i am enjoying the double xp... went up like 10 levels today.

Lol, so did I. I finally prestiged again once the xp bonus was announced. I'm going to be extremely disappointed when it goes away and everything is worth less again.  BTW, I didn't know a few of the prestige challenges actually reset.

Corleone

I'm not getting the stimulus, pretty much a cash grab.

Got a Nuke the other day.

Right now my killstreaks are:

Harriers, Pavelow, Nuke

Wait for the Harriers to finish before you call the pavelow, then the nuke is easier to get

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Corleone on Apr 02, 2010, 02:35 PM
I'm not getting the stimulus, pretty much a cash grab.

Got a Nuke the other day.

Right now my killstreaks are:

Harriers, Pavelow, Nuke

Wait for the Harriers to finish before you call the pavelow, then the nuke is easier to get

That's my  nuke setup too, but sadly, I can't get one! :(  I get impatient and starting running into the enemy teams spawn lol. You also have to be careful though, because if a pavelow gets called out before yours, yours will not count for the killstreak.

bright lights, big city

guess who's kill to death ratio is up close to 2.0.... this guy right here.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

bright lights, big city

just found out the new map pack is coming out june 3, with another double xp weekend. here's hoping it's not $15.
DERP