Previous topic - Next topic

m1nusblindfoLd

iceache

When the coffin shakes
and the needle breaks
come run away with me
come on you'll see, once and for all

iceache

I can hear some cool effects but I bet once we get a non-radio quality version it'll be bad ass.

Vesanic

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 15, 2010, 08:25 PM
everyone is right about their first thoughts but vesanic

You say it sounds like White Pony, which is totally wrong, so I don't really give a shit about that statement.

XJohnnyX

XJohnnyX

damm its not gonna let me hear b/c i am not in the area :(

lnkjuice

Very surprising... Stef has got the guitar parts he wanted :) Love it.

But I guess, because of the radio quality/streaming we're missing of LOT of Frank's playing and... of course guitars depth.

:D
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

There Will Be Blood

If you want to talk about a bad chorus listen to Mein that is just horrible. As for DE I kinda like the chorus its refreshing.

XJohnnyX

lahemi

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 15, 2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah the music just sounds wayy too different than Deftones ever have before (now they are straying way too far away from their original sound). I thought the style of SNW was too different, but this is even more different.

Again, not having that classic Deftones guitar from the first 4 albums is killing me again just like SNW did. Doesn't anyone else understand what I mean about the classic tones guitar sound that is completely absent from SNW and both new songs??

And like someone above said, they definitely are repeating the choruses a few too many times on this song and on RS. They could have had more verses or something instead, but they went the route of radio single lol.

Understand absolutely what you mean about the guitars, man, and can't put in words either.
But fuck, you can totally feel the White Pony vibe. Franks work sounds so awesome on it, it feels like the whole band... I don't know how to put it in words, but like they floating on a cloud over an ice cold city. Very wide and open, but also tight as fuck. Man, I just can't stand the chorus and the repetitiveness, that's all. The overall sound is fucking awesome. Hopefully it will grow on me. =(

nineteenpeoplesnames

As much as I'm not a fan of the chorus (yet), it's definitely going to be in my head tomorrow.

iceache

At least in these fucking songs he's not repeating the lyrics like on SNW.

And by that, I mean, at least theres a variation of the verses.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 15, 2010, 08:27 PM
Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 15, 2010, 08:25 PM
everyone is right about their first thoughts but vesanic

You say it sounds like White Pony, which is totally wrong, so I don't really give a shit about that statement.
it definetely sounds like wp..
and you are so angry nowadays
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

shine down unshy

This song just came in my ear pussy

I fucking love it.  Brutal, beautiful, cohesive.  It's going to be a great summer.

Vesanic

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 15, 2010, 08:38 PM
It definetely sounds like wp..

If this sounds like White Pony, Justin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline.

ablackswan

*Tous ensemble pour leur foutre au cul*

Quote from: VesanicJustin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline

rock_n_frost

You used to call me on my cellphone

Vesanic

Quote from: ablackswan on Mar 15, 2010, 08:42 PM
Justin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline.

as usual, you are so right :p

Haha, merci, dude.

jesusinabowlofdirt

i like the song, prob the best single from them.. heavy guitars and cool effects... but i think chino sounds a little too "cute" in the tone and vocal-style if u know what im saying, i like more of the depressing chino if u listen to the second half of s/t, that sorta stuff...  but hey,its the single- gotta be a little mainstream right?

and oh yeah, it sounds nothing like white pony