Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino on Radio 1 NOW. They're playing Diamond Eyes now

Started by nineteenpeoplesnames, Mar 15, 2010, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nineteenpeoplesnames

Quote from: fsm on Mar 15, 2010, 09:57 PM
Fuck it. I like poppy choruses. And that heavy as shit guitar in the verse. Diamond Eyes sounds great, makes me want the album even MOAR! MOOAAAARRRRR!

WOOARGGH

There Will Be Blood

Its a different sound. I digg it better then RS.

E-Money

Ice Ache, I think your dead on with the lyrics homie!!  I followed them and I got the same exact thing.  Thanks for writing them out!   8)

se7ennn

sounds better than what I expected from the promo, can't fucking wait for the album. this one should have gotten a video imo.

Jacob

Quote from: FeetLikeFins on Mar 15, 2010, 10:04 PM
It's... bland.  :(

yes, it is. I mean, I really like the song. every part of the song sounds good. and the chorus is grand. but they could have done so much more with the song. this just sounds like lazy songwriting around a catchy chorus. if they had built up more towards the chorus, and hadn't done it over and over throughout the entire song, it would have been so much more epic.

I'm a little disappointed, yet it's a very good song. I'm just hoping it'll fit in well with the other songs.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Penicks

Quote from: stapezee on Mar 15, 2010, 09:58 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Mar 15, 2010, 09:55 PM
Song doesn't really grab my attention. With Rocket Skates I was like "REPEAT THAT SHIT FUCK YEAH" and now i'm like "meh i'll go listen to my britney spears records or something idk" WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Penicks really man?  U of all people, the ultimate deftones fan.  I thought you'd dig it man.  I personally like it much more than RS.... to each his own.

I know right? But I'm not gonna listen to it for now and wait a week 'til the official release. Maybe my craving for it will grow.

iceache

Quote from: stapezee on Mar 15, 2010, 10:06 PM
Ice Ache, I think your dead on with the lyrics homie!!  I followed them and I got the same exact thing.  Thanks for writing them out!   8)

No prob. Still don't know what he says at 1 part.. but we'll get those lyrics if they release the video w/lyrics on Youtube like Rocket Skates.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Bergerac on Mar 15, 2010, 09:42 PM
What the fuck is it with all the great bands turning to poppy choruses to fit in with fucking Lost Prophets and shit?

probably because of the moolah. im sure they will have some stuff on DE to please deftones fans who appreciate their underground/harder/metal side.they want to please us all. its a little cheesy at times but much better than rocket skates

There Will Be Blood

I guess it is a little blah, I was expecting more. Maybe they wrote it to please the record label?

E-Money

Quote from: Penicks on Mar 15, 2010, 10:15 PM
Song doesn't really grab my attention. With Rocket Skates I was like "REPEAT THAT SHIT FUCK YEAH" and now i'm like "meh i'll go listen to my britney spears records or something idk" WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Penicks really man?  U of all people, the ultimate deftones fan.  I thought you'd dig it man.  I personally like it much more than RS.... to each his own.

I know right? But I'm not gonna listen to it for now and wait a week 'til the official release. Maybe my craving for it will grow.

Dude u know its gonna grow on u.  Its gonna take us all a little getting used to.  I kinda felt the same way about RS as u do about DE.  But the RS really started to impress me.  

pixElsblUr

Quote from: ilovechino69 on Mar 15, 2010, 10:18 PM
I guess it is a little blah, I was expecting more. Maybe they wrote it to please the record label?
Quote from: stapezee on Mar 15, 2010, 10:19 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Mar 15, 2010, 10:15 PM

Dude u know its gonna grow on u.  Its gonna take us all a little getting used to.  I kinda felt the same way about RS as u do about DE.  But the RS really started to impress me.  

it's blah for me as well at this point, but im sure it'll grow on me in the future.

nineteenpeoplesnames

I reckon it's because of listening to them as seperate tracks. See how it is with the album as a whole

I remembered when I first heard all the other albums apart from ATF - I was indifferent and a bit blah but they grow like a bitch

rock_n_frost

Quote from: ilovechino69 on Mar 15, 2010, 10:18 PM
Maybe they wrote it to please the record label?
they have pleased me
thank you deftones

i love the chorous part of the song..
its melodic, rainy, soft like boobs..
lyrics are good..
riffs are heavy and simple (classic)..
vocals are way clear and different than SNW..
its funny to sing the chorous (actually all) part of the song..so it will sound awesome when they sing it live at conan o'brain (i know he s out now)
the song concept is very dramatic...i dont know,i get upset whenever i listen

an awesome opening for the album, nice single choice, lets see the video now
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Law

Defshuggah anyone?

BTW I think this has been toned down a bit.

shine down unshy

rock_n_frost

Quote from: iceache on Mar 15, 2010, 08:45 PM
To the edge
till we all get off
I will take you away with me
once and for all

time will see us realign
diamonds rain across the sky
shower me into the same
realm

calculate, all embrace, hold on
come with me now
right away, all expense with me
once and for all

time will see us realign
diamonds ring across the sky
shower me into the same
realm

time will see us realign
I will lead us into the same
realm

When the coffin shakes
and the needle breaks
come run away with me
come on you'll see
once and for all

time will see us realign
shower me into the same
realm

Time will lead us to the same realm
I will lead us to the same realm

fixed
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

nineteenpeoplesnames

Yeah I wonder if the breakdown bit has more raaaaghhhhhhh? Unless what I'm hearing is the real deal.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Mar 15, 2010, 10:30 PM
an awesome opening for the album, nice single choice

i second that, even though i havent thw whole album. and its damn funny that people compare this song to both britney spears and meshuggah. now thats dynamics for ya