Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Marketing Diamond Eyes

Started by Dienekes, Mar 18, 2010, 06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samson simpson

FeetLikeFins

sing blue silver

seems my drunken rants are getting attention.

deftones86

They had better market the shit out of this this has platinum written all over it

Subliminal

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 18, 2010, 11:23 AM
Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 18, 2010, 10:20 AM
Saturday Night Wrist had seriously poor promotion! So it's good to see there's a clearly bigger effort on this. It already sounds excellent anyway..

O hai !
How are you my friend ? Good to see you around here...  :)

I'm great thanks dude! :) It's that time again, new music, gotta get in the loop haha, how are you brother!?

tarkil

Still living my happy Hong Kong life, nothing pretty new here !
But I'm greatly happy !!    :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Subliminal

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 19, 2010, 04:09 PM
Still living my happy Hong Kong life, nothing pretty new here !
But I'm greatly happy !!    :)

Wow really? You lucky bugger! :)

godin

Quote from: tawny on Mar 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 18, 2010, 02:46 PM
what is all this marketing everyone is talking about? a new website? some shit on youtube? i guarantee you'll see absolutely nothing on TV, most radio stations or posters, flyers and other such physical marketing. they're putting the same amount of little to no effort they've put into SNW. just because we get a little more stuff online isn't really anything special. you HAVE to do that now-a-days and if you think WMG is really getting behind the band you're just plain retarded. it's only aimed at us, the already existing fans. everyone i know who isn't already a deftones fan has heard virturally nothing about this album. once you meet someone who's not a deftones fan who mentions hype over their new album then you can say they're doing a good job at marketing it. a couple songs and some online content which is about half of what other bands would get is not special. i wish they would promote it but they just plain won't. the new coheed and cambria has had 10 times the promotion already. when you see a commercial on TV for it let me know because then the company is doing their job but i can almost guarantee they won't even make one. the label has proved to me time and time again they don't care about deftones and don't expect them to see the amount of records they would need to to even make an impact at the label anymore. seriously i just do not get what you guys think has been so great about the promotion.

i think they finally just have an online presence that ISN'T just geared towards deftones fans, actually.  there is a clear strategy that started with a website that incorporates twitter, facebook, youtube, etc and wasn't flash.  just those things help tremendously.  ncut.

to be fair, Facebook and Twitter were nothing in even 2006 compared to what they are now.. I dont even know when twitter was started. and i doesnt cost near as much to promote through them than say taking out ads everywhere and making commercials
Dingus.

Subliminal

Quote from: godin on Mar 19, 2010, 10:36 PM
Quote from: tawny on Mar 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 18, 2010, 02:46 PM
what is all this marketing everyone is talking about? a new website? some shit on youtube? i guarantee you'll see absolutely nothing on TV, most radio stations or posters, flyers and other such physical marketing. they're putting the same amount of little to no effort they've put into SNW. just because we get a little more stuff online isn't really anything special. you HAVE to do that now-a-days and if you think WMG is really getting behind the band you're just plain retarded. it's only aimed at us, the already existing fans. everyone i know who isn't already a deftones fan has heard virturally nothing about this album. once you meet someone who's not a deftones fan who mentions hype over their new album then you can say they're doing a good job at marketing it. a couple songs and some online content which is about half of what other bands would get is not special. i wish they would promote it but they just plain won't. the new coheed and cambria has had 10 times the promotion already. when you see a commercial on TV for it let me know because then the company is doing their job but i can almost guarantee they won't even make one. the label has proved to me time and time again they don't care about deftones and don't expect them to see the amount of records they would need to to even make an impact at the label anymore. seriously i just do not get what you guys think has been so great about the promotion.

i think they finally just have an online presence that ISN'T just geared towards deftones fans, actually.  there is a clear strategy that started with a website that incorporates twitter, facebook, youtube, etc and wasn't flash.  just those things help tremendously.  ncut.

Twitters only been around 2 years or so now. It only started getting popular about a year or so ago, I've never got into it, never will. BUT it makes the fan experience more personal, seeing what your favourite bands are doing every minute. But then it can be a downfall, i.e Trent Reznor, ranting about everything and showing a side of himself his music never shows. It put people off..

to be fair, Facebook and Twitter were nothing in even 2006 compared to what they are now.. I dont even know when twitter was started. and i doesnt cost near as much to promote through them than say taking out ads everywhere and making commercials