Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Pure Reason Revolution

Started by An bád dubh, Mar 19, 2010, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An bád dubh

They used to be cool. The Dark Third is still an awesome record and their live stuff from Youtube is very wicked as well.
The latest album was half bad and half good. But they do still deserve their own thread!

Oh, and I posted this on the Download and Request board, but what do you guys know about this:

The European version of The Dark Third includes these extra tracks:

1. "In Aurélia" - 3:59
  2. "Borgens Vor" - 4:17
  3. "The Exact Colour" - 4:05
  4. "The Twyncyn / Trembling Willows" - 7:16
  5. "Golden Clothes" - 7:31

BUT, WHAT IS THIS THEN?

Pure Reason Revolution's Extended Play "In The Realm Of The Divine" Released in 2006

Track Listing:

01 - The Borgens Vow
02 - Arrival - The Intention Craft
03 - Asleep Under Eiderdown
04 - Corperate Handshake
05 - In Aurelia
06 - Human Zoo
07 - Nimos And Tambos
08 - Brief Reminder
09 - Sound Of Free
10 - Lil' Doggy
11 - The Clearing

Some same tracks which are also on the album only in slightly different versions but why have I never heard about this?

Do you guys have this? Or is it just something else.

An example of Borgens Vor:

Pure Reason Revolution - The Borgens Vow

The song Sound of Free at least according to Last FM is supposed to be on their 2005 release "The Intention Craft".
Here is a youtube link to the full song:

Pure Reason Revolution - Sound Of Free

Anyways, lets discuss Pure Reason Revolution, they do deserve the space, I still listen to their stuff every chance I have. What about you guys?

Crazylegs

i haven't listened to them in quite a while. I used to love "the dark third", but i've just lost interest really. Too bad for me i guess.

black coffee

The last album was not nearly  as good as The Dark Third. Hopefully the new one is better, because I really enjoy this band.

An bád dubh

I see what you guys mean. I was also expecting them to actually release something amazing after The Dark Third. I was very disappointed at first with the whole album (seems to be my explanation for every album these days), but then I just learned to appreciate the good parts of it. Usually I dont settle for only a few songs but I made an exception with this for some reason.

Good stuff from the album:

Victorious Cupid
Keep Me Sane/Insane
Apogee/Requiem For the Lovers
Bloodless
The Gloaming
AVO

Annoy me a bit but sometimes is cool:

Deus Ex Machina

The stuff that has maybe some good parts (or none), but which I cant stand and skip.

Les Malheurs
Disconnect

The good stuff part, some of that stuff could have been from The Dark Third, though with some electro elements. If the new album is along those tracks, or goes even more back to what The Dark Thirds was, Im happy. But if it goes to the direction of the very electro based stuff, Im gonna lose my interest probably as well.

An bád dubh

And I'll be getting that 11 track demo from 2006 in a couple of days so if you guys are interested in it at all, I'll post that.