Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Snow

Chino talks a little about Eros in this interview, don't know if it has been posted yet:

Interview: Deftones Talk Oz Tour, New Lineups And Releasing 'Eros' -- "Hopefully Sooner Than Never"

Gee

"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Hank

I'm guessing a half year or so after they're done touring KNY ,we will hear of an official release.
I think they will release it since we won't get any new music from them for 2 to 3 years once they're finally done with this tour.

bewareofrats

So who knows?  If it does get released, I don't see it happening for quite a while.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

VictorPL

it would be cool if they just released their next album and just included all of eros, unfinished on the same album, kind of like a part II. double album would be the best (new album + untouched eros), but thats wishful thinking. just like some bonus content or something. i just hope they dont fukk around with it too much and leave it as it is, or just release it like we got the snw demos, that would be the best

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I see the merit of leaving it untouched but at the same time when I listen to those SNW demos and even the team sleep demos I can't help but wish Chino had laid vocals on them, Even though I do like alot of instrumental music with Deftones stuff the instruments are real rhythm and groove based because they are designed to lay down the foundations for the vocals as opposed to bands like Explosions in the Sky who make the instruments the centre piece and use less repetition, What I'm getting at is I don't think the unfinished songs will be busy enough to be good stand alone instrumentals, you can tell the difference between a song that was intended to be an instrumental and a backing track.

Also I think releasing them as incomplete demos would reduce the repeat listens, to me instrumental demo's are more of a curiosity thing I prefer complete songs, Like I never sit and listen to all the SNW demos but I will put on the complete cd's and do a listen through. Plus there no reason why they couldn't do both they could put out a finished album but then also make the demos available through download or something. Would be awesome if they releaased split tracks like Crosses did but that will never happen lol

Hank

Good point about the SNW demos . I listen to them every once in awhile and wonder how they would sound with vocals. Some of those demos seemed really promising once polished/ cut and fit for vocals. I would be happy to hear Eros even if only half of the vocals for the album is done ( I really would like them just to keep what was done at that time and not add anything) to really just leave what was finished that way.

I wouldn't mind any undone instrumentals from Eros at all. When this board got the SNW and DE instrumentals it was fucking awesome. You get to hear a little bit of the whole band aside from the 50/50 it seems with vocals. I loved it.

sing blue silver

Quote from: MaximumPezcore on May 22, 2013, 11:41 PM
Bad news... http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/05/22/deftones-might-not-release-eros-anytime-soon-after-all/

see the interview at the top of this page. That's where those quotes are listed from.
Also that's exactly what I was saying when everyone started overreacting and losing their minds. The title of that original video from the Golden Gods red carpet instantly pissed me off because it was worded as if the album was finally actually coming out and I knew everyone would overreact exactly how they have. It's closer than before and the idea is at least being entertained but Chino wants to do another record first so it'll still be a while.

MaximumPezcore

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 23, 2013, 12:03 AM
Quote from: MaximumPezcore on May 22, 2013, 11:41 PM
Bad news... http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/05/22/deftones-might-not-release-eros-anytime-soon-after-all/

see the interview at the top of this page. That's where those quotes are listed from.
Also that's exactly what I was saying when everyone started overreacting and losing their minds. The title of that original video from the Golden Gods red carpet instantly pissed me off because it was worded as if the album was finally actually coming out and I knew everyone would overreact exactly how they have. It's closer than before and the idea is at least being entertained but Chino wants to do another record first so it'll still be a while.
Shit dude, sorry about that, hardly got any sleep in the past few days..

Inkblades

It's only been a little over a month since Chi passed away, so I wouldn't expect them to jump all over putting it out right away. As long as it comes out eventually.

RxHEAD

I don't think it would be a good idea to release it WITH the upcoming album. Because if they did, it surely would only be a "bonus" instead of a stand-alone thing. It would always be linked to whatever they are releasing as their eighth record and as of now there are no two Deftones albums that would really fit together.
However, if they really release it for its own sake, they have to complete it. Just in terms of fitting the standards in sound quality and equality to make it feel a whole.
When it comes to a release date I think a year from now on could possibly fit.

truthaddict

Quote from: Hank on May 22, 2013, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't mind any undone instrumentals from Eros at all. When this board got the SNW and DE instrumentals it was fucking awesome. You get to hear a little bit of the whole band aside from the 50/50 it seems with vocals. I loved it.

Wait... There are Diamond Eyes instrumentals?  I have to have this!

luisch

Quote from: truthaddict on May 23, 2013, 05:47 AM
Quote from: Hank on May 22, 2013, 09:40 AM

Wait... There are Diamond Eyes instrumentals?  I have to have this!

DEFTONES - Diamond Eyes [Official Instrumental]
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

truthaddict

Wow!

It's a shame they don't release an instrumental version on CD.  I want this on my IPOD really bad now.

luisch

Check out your inbox, man
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

VictorPL

Quote from: RxHEAD on May 23, 2013, 03:28 AM
I don't think it would be a good idea to release it WITH the upcoming album. Because if they did, it surely would only be a "bonus" instead of a stand-alone thing. It would always be linked to whatever they are releasing as their eighth record and as of now there are no two Deftones albums that would really fit together.
However, if they really release it for its own sake, they have to complete it. Just in terms of fitting the standards in sound quality and equality to make it feel a whole.

i think if they release it with an album or as some sort of bonus it would be the only way we are gonna get it. i dont think the record company would invest any money into releasing a unfinished album which (at least i think) would be so different from DE and KNY. imo they should just leak it and move on. if chino starts fukkin around on it with his new style and sergio gets in on it it just wont be the EROS we are all waiting for. besides, i think only the die hard fans like us really care or even heard about eros.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: VictorPL on May 23, 2013, 10:22 AM
Quote from: RxHEAD on May 23, 2013, 03:28 AM

i think if they release it with an album or as some sort of bonus it would be the only way we are gonna get it. i dont think the record company would invest any money into releasing a unfinished album which (at least i think) would be so different from DE and KNY. imo they should just leak it and move on. if chino starts fukkin around on it with his new style and sergio gets in on it it just wont be the EROS we are all waiting for. besides, i think only the die hard fans like us really care or even heard about eros.
Nobody but Chino would have to touch it, half songs are completely done and the other half just need Chino's vocals, I think they even have lyrics already aswell, I trust Chino can pull it off I don't think here's stuck in the new style he seems to be able to revert back fine, I have no worries about him singing too softly or anything especially after seeing the recent live performances of songs like bloody cape he's been killing it like he did when it was new.

RxHEAD

But that is exactly what I was talking about. If Chino "changes" it (in order to complete it) he has to record all the vocals over again in my opinion. If half was new and the other half 2008 style you would always feel that there are two parts, no matter how well Chino will be able to imitate himself. 

Shadow46/2

I'd have no problem with them recording new vocals on the as-yet unfinished tracks. JUST as long as they got Terry Date back in the studio to produce them.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.