Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardMoreno23

There were a few songs I found on a weird tentative name image. A song named "Raven" was on there too

pony_01

Quote from: RichardMoreno23 on Jul 07, 2013, 12:36 AM
There were a few songs I found on a weird tentative name image. A song named "Raven" was on there too

upload or bullshit

sing blue silver

He's refering to this...

It's a fan made concept art. I can't seem to find the site it was on or any better images anymore but Raven was one of the made up names. It was just something a guy did for fun. Nowhere near official.

This is all we have for tentative title info besides Chi mentioning "Trempest" in an interview.

pony_01

my bad i thought he had the original copy. lol its impossible

Inkblades

According to Wikipedia, there's also a song called Dallas. When they do release Eros, I really hope they keep the stripper names as song titles thing. There's something just so weird and great about it.

Inertiatic-Wrist

http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=30601

From Abe: On releasing the Eros album: Yea, there's so much talk of it. People have many enduring opinions of it. The honest truth is the record wasn't done. People assume that it's all just sitting there, ready to go. It wasn't ... it was close to being finished. And, of course, it's dear to us and it will be very dear to people who love Chi, man.
The record wasn't finished, it needs work. It's just not that simple. Also at the same time ... in that certain period, we sort of ... moved on.

pinata89

Teknoman

Already posted on Pictures, Interviews, magazines... but what the hell:

Chino talks about Eros:

QuoteIt's not on the schedule. Now that there's been some sort of closure with Chi, it makes a little more sense to put it out now than before, so it'll probably be sooner than never. Before, people figured it would never be released. At the same time, there are no plans right now to release it. Deftones are still trudging forward, and I don't think we're completely ready to reflect on that time in our career. It's a pretty heavy thing. If you listen to the record—which I did recently—it really is a snapshot in our lives, and those were some of the last moments I spent with Chi. His accident occurred right in the middle of us finishing up writing that record. It's a tough thing to reflect on. Listening to it the other day brought back a lot of intense feelings, which I don't think as a band we want to present to anybody just yet. I still think we're dealing with it internally. One day I think it will see the light of day, and probably sooner than never.

Edit: Forgot the source

I make music too

Jerry_Curls

I love that quote. It doesn't feel like bullshit, nonsense like he usually does.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jesus2Chino

A lot of people seem to be freaking out about this being a sign of an impending Eros release. Obviously not holding my breath. Does anyone know any more about it? Is it just an album-shaped photo? Lol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152106681037491&set=a.63052707490.68559.5544067490&type=1

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

sing blue silver

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Dec 07, 2013, 11:05 PM
A lot of people seem to be freaking out about this being a sign of an impending Eros release. Obviously not holding my breath. Does anyone know any more about it? Is it just an album-shaped photo? Lol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152106681037491&set=a.63052707490.68559.5544067490&type=1

Much respect,
-Matt

Probably nothing but Live Vol. 2 would be more likely than Eros.

ANattyRat

Saw this earlier also. Intriguing, but the thought that it had anything to do with Eros didn't occur to me whatsoever. In fact, I didn't see it as a sign of any impending new release, but I guess the Live Volume 2 would be a possibility, I mean, I guess the images are somewhat similar.

Sett

They posted another one. Looks nice for a cover if anything.

Inkblades

I doubt it has anything to do with Eros.

Danny Keyes

you guys are so fucking stupid sometimes.

pony_01

SwerveCityUSA

if there's actually news about eros than cool. but I could really care less about it. it was rumored at the only period of my life I didn't even care about the band or guitar oriented music. Be excited with the direction of the new stuff and where that goes or put the old records on repeat.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

ANattyRat

It's basically guaranteed that everyone wanting to hear Eros wants to hear it because it's the last album Chi ever worked on, and ever will. I think since Chi died, that desire to hear the music has increased, because while he was alive, there was always a possibility among some people, no matter how faint, that Chi could recover enough to make music again, even if not with while the band was active. I mean, for myself, I want to hear all music that Deftones have yet to release, but I also want to hear Eros for the reasons stated. That plus they were always saying it's a weird, experimental record. I just hope that no-one's expectations are so high that they won't enjoy it for what it would've been had it been released as intended.

DeftonesNZ

I'm excited for it not because i think it's going to be their best album for me it's as you said the experimental side of Eros, it's just pure curiosity, as a fan of the band it's really exciting prospect to see what they came up with when they just tried everything, also the little snippets we've heard really appeal to me.

ANattyRat

Here's a question: would you guys want it released exactly as it is, or completed first? I mean, I can't really see anyone wanting to see it completed first, but you never know.

I think for a band to complete it years after creating it, it'd feel like a very disjointed album that doesn't go together at all. Chino's lyric-writing and voice are different now to then, and the band members are in different points of their life, which goes very against what they've said about wanting albums to be a snapshot of that moment of their lives. As much as I'd love a finished, complete album, I'd rather have the unfinished album to give a greater idea as to the music they wanted to make at that time, than have a finished album that sounds perhaps a lot different to how it was intended.