Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

I'd want it finished, from what i've seen the writings all done it's just a matter of Chino recording on a few songs, i want to see the album how they intended it to be not an incomplete series of recordings especially since it's so close to finished, plus Deftones songs don't have that same quality that bands like Mogwai have where the songs sound perfect instrumentally, Deftones songs usually sound like they're kind of empty without vocals and inevitably I would start wondering what Chino would of sounded like on the songs, just like the with the Ezrin demos.

ANattyRat

Oh, I thought only some of the writing was done? I mean, I agree that I'd want to hear it as it was fully intended, but that's also a good argument against it being finished, in the sense that it wouldn't be quite the same with Chino approaching something he wrote years ago.

DeftonesNZ

I kind of worry about that aswell but I think he'll still able to put himself into the darker frame of mind, I'm thinking once he goes back and starts listening to it as it's a very dark album I think the songs will have the effect of putting him back in that moment of time like he says some self titled songs like battle axe do,also with Chi's passing and it being the last thing he worked on I think those emotions are going to flood in because even though he's been gone a while now working on Eros brings back all the memories and will create a feeling of finality over Chi's death as they will be doing the thing they said they wouldn't do until Chi was better and there's no real way of distracting yourself from those feelings either when you have to spend hours listening to him. Also I think some of the darker/bitter side of their feelings over Chi will surface, at the moment there's that slight relief he's not in pain anymore and they seem to be looking at the positives but maybe with going back to the Eros stuff frustation might come up and they might get those bitter feelings you get with deaths. they might start getting a bit pissed off that it had to happen to them and start thinking about how unfair everything that happened to Chi was, that sort of thing can put you in a real dark and twisted place.

Teknoman

Quote from: ANattyRat on Dec 09, 2013, 07:21 AM
It's basically guaranteed that everyone wanting to hear Eros wants to hear it because it's the last album Chi ever worked on, and ever will. I think since Chi died, that desire to hear the music has increased, because while he was alive, there was always a possibility among some people, no matter how faint, that Chi could recover enough to make music again, even if not with while the band was active. I mean, for myself, I want to hear all music that Deftones have yet to release, but I also want to hear Eros for the reasons stated. That plus they were always saying it's a weird, experimental record. I just hope that no-one's expectations are so high that they won't enjoy it for what it would've been had it been released as intended.

I want Eros because they said it is/was a weird unconventional album... I mean the first time I listened to Melanie I was like "What the hell is this chaotic rhythm? is Chino using Auto-tune or something?... then after a few listens I started to enjoy that song and it ended up being one of my favorite Deftones' songs.

I want to hear how far they went on that record. In my mind Rosemary is a sneakpeak of Eros.

I make music too

BunsRaisinsPies

I came across a set of images on Facebook. What they are I'm not sure of (maybe I missed this in the previous pages of the thread cause I'm too lazy to go through them) but I find it quite interesting. Does anyone here have these?

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1467463_10103964617945790_412715043_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q77/s720x720/1476586_10153536512795654_959999957_n.jpg

DeftonesNZ

I think they're just some sort of eros promotional thing from that era like a little poster

New Murderer

I remember those. I could be mistaken, but I thought they were the early promos for SNW?

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I think you're right I just seeing remember people posting those saying it was from some album promo thing, i think these were from like 2004/5 timeframe and I beleive they were lik a teaser posters for SNW

buddyboy101

They were from 2004 (I believe the tour ending in CT)....for the album that would eventually become SNW.

ignore the fashion

I have postcards with similar designs, one says something about 2005 on the back and the other one says something about 2006. I have posted images of them before.

ignore the fashion

The back side of one is just plain black and only says spring 2005 in the middle and deftones.com along the bottom.

If you look at the first image it says 2006, I got these all at the same show so I don't know why they would have 2 different time frames.

III

pony_01

pony_01

pinata89

rainnyx4

Except that was a SNW outtake.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: pinata89 on Jan 02, 2014, 03:08 PM
Deftones - Finger Of Death

This song has so much balls.

Yeah, as much as I would like to see a song like that on Eros I highly doubt it will happen. will probably just end up on a b-side record along with the rest of the snw demos and other "lost" songs like Bumble D if they ever release a second one. imo FOD was the best Deftones' song that never was.

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 09, 2013, 12:39 PM
I kind of worry about that aswell but I think he'll still able to put himself into the darker frame of mind, I'm thinking once he goes back and starts listening to it as it's a very dark album I think the songs will have the effect of putting him back in that moment of time like he says some self titled songs like battle axe do,also with Chi's passing and it being the last thing he worked on I think those emotions are going to flood in because even though he's been gone a while now working on Eros brings back all the memories and will create a feeling of finality over Chi's death as they will be doing the thing they said they wouldn't do until Chi was better and there's no real way of distracting yourself from those feelings either when you have to spend hours listening to him. Also I think some of the darker/bitter side of their feelings over Chi will surface, at the moment there's that slight relief he's not in pain anymore and they seem to be looking at the positives but maybe with going back to the Eros stuff frustation might come up and they might get those bitter feelings you get with deaths. they might start getting a bit pissed off that it had to happen to them and start thinking about how unfair everything that happened to Chi was, that sort of thing can put you in a real dark and twisted place.

From an interview I saw and just research, they'll probably put out one album before they seriously consider finishing it. I'll look back through and see where exactly that claim came from. As of now, that puts the wait at about 3-4 years..

nicklav

I almost want them to release it as is. Just a snapshot of where they were when it happened.

pinata89

Quote from: nicklav on Jan 08, 2014, 09:35 PM
I almost want them to release it as is. Just a snapshot of where they were when it happened.

While I would like a fully-produced album, this might be the best way to present the material.  Chino 2014 is not Chino circa 2008.  I think he still could tackle the vox and make it sound pretty good with his current vocal range, but it wouldn't be genuine and true to the era that was Eros.

people are people

I always avoid prophesying beforehand, but I don't think it would be the best way to present the material also I disagree that it wouldn't be genuine and true to the era that was eros, I think that deftonesNZ has put it in the best words.