Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janie13

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 23, 2010, 05:58 PM
Quote from: janie13 on Mar 23, 2010, 05:52 PM
to be honest, i really don't even want to think about Eros right now, only because if i think about it then i will be waiting a long time.  i'd rather just focus on what they are doing now and i am happy with it.  

i agree with Jacob that Eros is a long way away and that maybe Chi won't want to go back to it after he makes a full recovery. i know through my own experience with working on material before an illness, that i couldn't go back to it after i got better.  it was just too much.  

everyone wants something to look forward to.. and eros will get very mysterious... like an unfound treasure everybody wants...
"the chase is better than the catch" sort of

That's cute and I very much agree, however, personally, if I think about it, I'm gonna get a headache.  But that's just me.

bewareofrats

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 23, 2010, 05:57 PM
Quote from: MxKnife on Mar 23, 2010, 05:31 PM
Why does Chino compare every new album to white pony? Lol

Because White Pony is and will always be his favorite work. Even though he says that about every record he's written.
That's just the thing. That would make sense but Chino said not too long ago that Around the Fur was his favourite, did he not?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Vesanic

Quote from: bewareofrats on Mar 23, 2010, 06:22 PM
That's just the thing. That would make sense but Chino said not too long ago that Around the Fur was his favourite, did he not?

He did. But I still think that White Pony REALLY is THE favorite of Mr. Moreno. Of course I'm not in Chino's head and can't be sure of that. But that's what I feel.

Hidalgo

he usually says ATF is his fav, but he talks about wp a bit more. i think he's about equally proud of those 2. those 2 are his babies. WP was his vision, and a massively bold step, he's gotta be really proud of it

Amoe38

if SNW and Diamond Eyes were leaked, Eros is bound to slip pretty soon boys.
"Mock my words"

Sushi-X

Yeah but those two were released and are being released. Eros hasn't been pressed and shipped out to stations or magazines for promotion.

Rocket Skates '94

iceache

Quote from: Amoe38 on Mar 23, 2010, 06:40 PM
if SNW and Diamond Eyes were leaked, Eros is bound to slip pretty soon boys.
"Mock my words"

Ok, I'll mock your words. Your words suck ;)

You were looking for "mark my words"

ghettovaquero

I personally dont think were going to EVER hear Eros. The deftones are set to hit the road for the next couple of years in support of DE. The Eros sessions are unfinished and the release of that album was slated for a Summer 2009 release and the recording process on THAT album stopped in November when Chi's accident occured. I know for a fact the boys were going to work on up untill the holidays had this tragedy not occured and finished up by spring to have the record out by early summer. When Chi wakes up which no one knows when that will be and the Deftones finish thier world tour for this record I doubt they will want to work on or release material from 2-3 years ago. They will want to work on something new and FRESH with or without  Chi. No one knows how chi will recover from his minimally concious state. who knows if he will ever be able to play again I pray for a full recovery for him but EROS you can forget about.

Sushi-X

I'm quite sure i remember They said eros is complete. Its mixed and mastered.

Rocket Skates '94

Vesanic

Quote from: MxKnife on Mar 23, 2010, 10:28 PM
I'm quite sure i remember They said eros is complete. Its mixed and mastered.

Quite sure of that, too. I could be wrong, though.

m

they started mixing it in september.

Inkblades

Chino said Eros was being mixed on Myspace (Before Chi's accident) but wasn't it also stated somewhere that he was only halfway done with the vocals?

m

he said that probably on noisecreep interview.

Jacob

just watched all the clips in the first post and I can't believe I've missed those before. the drums of the song in the studio clips is very similar to Digital Bath, almost the exact same thing. that's pretty cool. overall, it does indeed sound like this would be a much heavier, darker and experimental album. it would be nice to hear.

but fuck me, I'm in love with DE :)
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

defTHE1s

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 23, 2010, 06:30 PM

He did. But I still think that White Pony REALLY is THE favorite of Mr. Moreno. Of course I'm not in Chino's head and can't be sure of that. But that's what I feel.
he said tha S/T was his favorite, S/T and ATF

and i wanna hear Eros.
I know that sooner or later we're goin to hear some material or the full album.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

snw9

Yes i want to hear eros too!!Eros Eros Eros
Code: [Select]

Saturday Night Whiskey999

deftones86

Quote from: defTHE1s on Mar 24, 2010, 06:01 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 23, 2010, 06:30 PM

he said tha S/T was his favorite, S/T and ATF

and i wanna hear Eros.
I know that sooner or later we're goin to hear some material or the full album.
When did he say his favorite record was S/T? I've never heard that.  WP was clearly chinos record. In alot of interviews ive seen stef wouldnt write anything so chino started it. In some guitar world video or something like that stef said he was tired of starting all the songs so he let them do it.

I really want to hear Eros for one because its the last thing chi was on. And i think the guitar will probablly sound a bit more raw than on DE since thats when stef first got the  8-String. And Chi's Fat ass bass lines, which are missed on DE.  Dont get me wrong Sergio did a good job but Chi doesnt just follow what stef does he kind of does his own thing but still makes it flow. And i still think the bass lines in cherry waves are some of his most beautiful work.  I dont even know the guy but i miss him  :'(

Hidalgo

he never said S/T was his fav. in fact he sorta implies he doesn't care for it much

Chi's basslines in change, cherry waves, and uuddlrlr are really cool, just to name a few. him and frank own the ezrin demos.

Slacker

yeah man, i not quite sure at what level the record is finished, the thing is...when you make something, and time passes on it, its imposible not to watch it with fresh new eyes, so im totally picturing "some makeovers" to the album in a near posible future, wich personally i wouldnt like. i want this shit, as raw as it is.