Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Maybe a box set release? But then that would be a long ass time to wait.

Rocket Skates '94

FeetLikeFins

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 24, 2010, 06:53 PM
he never said S/T was his fav. in fact he sorta implies he doesn't care for it much

I remember a 'cell-phone' interview back when they were recording where he calls it the most beautiful thing they've ever done. 

I can only assume he was high at the time.

Hidalgo

Quote from: FeetLikeFins on Mar 24, 2010, 11:11 PM
he never said S/T was his fav. in fact he sorta implies he doesn't care for it much

I remember a 'cell-phone' interview back when they were recording where he calls it the most beautiful thing they've ever done. 

high and trying to hype the album

FeetLikeFins

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 24, 2010, 11:16 PM

Of course.

976-EVIL

Quote from: Jacob on Mar 24, 2010, 12:04 AM
just watched all the clips in the first post and I can't believe I've missed those before. the drums of the song in the studio clips is very similar to Digital Bath, almost the exact same thing. that's pretty cool. overall, it does indeed sound like this would be a much heavier, darker and experimental album. it would be nice to hear.

but fuck me, I'm in love with DE :)

Yeah, I am with you on this Jacob. Major props to MR. V for this thread, some really good stuff here.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

defTHE1s

i remember reading an interview back in the S/T era (2003-2004), don't remember honestly where (maybe deftonesworld.com or something else)
chino said sth  like this: "this album (S/T) is my favorite, this one and ATF" or something like that

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Subliminal

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 24, 2010, 11:16 PM

Or it's actually what he thought at that moment in time.

Imagine when they first wrote Minerva, anyone who writes a song like that is going to be choked for a long time!

Hidalgo

he only said it once from what i remember, and it was still just "tied" with ATF. he's said atf or wp is his fav tons of time. he really only tallks about those 2. i bet if you ask them now none of them put ST in their top 3 deftones albums

i'm sue he's proud of minerva. and all the albums. just more proud of WP and ATF

Subliminal

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 25, 2010, 12:45 PM
he only said it once from what i remember, and it was still just "tied" with ATF. he's said atf or wp is his fav tons of time. he really only tallks about those 2. i bet if you ask them now none of them put ST in their top 3 deftones albums

Yeah, I can imagine, that album has a very dark vibe about it and they were all going through heavy shit at that time. You could see it and hear it during that period. Funnily enough that's when I became a fan, I fell in love with that album.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 25, 2010, 02:25 PM
Definitely. Stef owns the 6-string.

i agree on this,.. but in these eros videos it almost seems the 8-string owns steph.. its like this uncontrollable monster. with a life of its own.. he's like "aarrrgh its gonna kill me help mee" i like it though. heavy ass sick shit

Vesanic

Definitely. The In Studio video 4 is the shit.

Hidalgo

the best in studio clip was the fake one with Chino all fat eating/sleeping. i loved that. hilarious. almost as good as the hotdog pic

is it still on youtube? it is freakin GOLDEN

jesusinabowlofdirt

chino yoou rack a disciprine

deftones86

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Mar 25, 2010, 02:52 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 25, 2010, 02:25 PM
Definitely. Stef owns the 6-string.

i agree on this,.. but in these eros videos it almost seems the 8-string owns steph.. its like this uncontrollable monster. with a life of its own.. he's like "aarrrgh its gonna kill me help mee" i like it though. heavy ass sick shit

I like the 8-string and all but idc how good your producer is or the sound engineer. that shit will still sound muddy a fuck, i like it. but...
Stefs guitar on ATF Adreniline and Wp sounded like a Robot Buzzsaw trained to rid the world of virgins.
Kind of like this

EDIT: So anyway after Chino was dismantled by the robo buzzsaw. They had the technology to make him faster stronger slimmer? and eros was shelved because chino said the earth and this angerd stef and this new bio-engineered Chino Went on to give one of his best vocal performances of his life. And at no time was the earth mentioned.  and this Album Was Called Diamond Eyes.

Penicks

this is the greatest picture in the world

dictatesofreason

yeah yeah fuck the both of yas

Corleone

LOL thats funny shit

deftones86

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Mar 25, 2010, 06:21 PM
yeah yeah fuck the both of yas
ok its gone

Jacob

easy on the personal attacks.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

dictatesofreason

Really guy?? you wanna do this, thats my fuckin wife, you twatwaffle
know what im not even gunna acknowledge your shit.