Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wax And Wane

Quote from: defTHE1s on May 12, 2010, 04:59 AM
Quote from: kleptoned on May 12, 2010, 04:47 AM
Quote from: wax on May 12, 2010, 04:31 AM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on May 12, 2010, 04:20 AM
i'm liking the idea of making it a downloadable thing with proceeds going for Chi.
bravo     and what better time than now to do so on the strength of releasing de   id dl it and be happy that my $ was going to a good cause
it would still leak an only true fans would actually pay for it...shame:-(
it would happen if it's released as digital or physical too... only true fans will pay for it.
I know I'd pay for it..... You could always have a set price then add like an extra amount of what ever you wanted to pay (Or didn't want to pay) Like an extra donation. But despite anything I think the album ios further along then we think. They were saying a winter releas in 2009 and that wasn't long after Chi got in the wreck. But despite anything I hope Chi Does get on his feet and come back.... But if not it would be stupid for them not to release it to help with all his medical stuff.
I will save your life..

blindead

There's a rather lenghty interview with Deftones (mainly Chino and a little Abe) in the latest issue of Sweden's biggest metal/rock magazine Close-Up. It might all be horse-shit but this is what Chino said talking about shelving Eros. It's written in swedish so i'll try and translate it back to english:

"It wouldn't have been therapeutic if we would have began looking for a new bass-player, who could begin to learn the material we had just written and recorded together with Chi. For us it was about going in there, being creative and bury our heads in something completely new, rather than dwell on something we linked to Chi, together with our shock and loss. It was sort of a productive escapism for us, an escape from a very difficult time."

If this is true and not dreamed up, then I guess Eros is not equal Diamond Eyes demos. I sure hope so!

sing blue silver

yeah we know.Diamond Eyes is all new material. watch the ultimate-guitar interview. people ask if the song used in the preview videos is an early beauty school and i say it's not. it's certainly similar but they've been asked directly many times if any eros material eventually became diamond eyes material. every time they have said NO it's all brand spanking new material. i guess we'll see eros when we see it.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 14, 2010, 05:13 PM
they've been asked directly many times if any eros material eventually became diamond eyes material. every time they have said NO it's all brand spanking new material.

except those times he didnt seem so sure (reply #129) http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,16435.120.html

if its ALL new on d.e, do you have any clue why he leaves all those uncertin answers?

Sushi-X

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 14, 2010, 07:46 PM
they've been asked directly many times if any eros material eventually became diamond eyes material. every time they have said NO it's all brand spanking new material.

except those times he didnt seem so sure (reply #129) http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,16435.120.html

if its ALL new on d.e, do you have any clue why he leaves all those uncertin answers?

cuz it's chino. he never gives a straight answer. and besides maybe he does that shit to fuck with our heads here on SL

Rocket Skates '94

jesusinabowlofdirt

if chino ever asks me something i will give him a vauge answer. just so he knows how it feels

wax

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on May 14, 2010, 07:46 PM

also...theres a reason why the word lying exists.....   who knows if any of it got used or not    im sure if it did thats not exactly something to admit to.... nah mean?

nineteen

They should release it as a celebration when Chi wakes up fully or something.

TheShade1989

Ah, I dont believe that Diamond Eyes has a lotta material frm Eros on it. It's like they said, they made that album based on where they were at the time, how they were feeling, etc. Then things changed. Why would they keep a lot of it just for the sake of making a new album at a different time in their lives? I dont think they would. But noone knows for sure except those involved.

nyquil_addict133

Quote from: nineteen on May 14, 2010, 11:29 PM
They should release it as a celebration when Chi wakes up fully or something.

Or release it as a celebration of 1 yr. 7 mos. of succesful stabilization.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: wax on May 14, 2010, 11:12 PM
also...theres a reason why the word lying exists.....   who knows if any of it got used or not    im sure if it did thats not exactly something to admit to.... nah mean?

yeah if eros with terry was too weird for the masses, and the label suggested that they rewrote it with another producer (nick) to make it more catchy and mainstream, they would never ever admit it

jesusinabowlofdirt

about eros:

"Speaking about Deftones' newest album, Eros, lead singer Chino Moreno said, "The songs are definitely weird, which is a breath of fresh air to me. I haven't been playing guitar on these new songs so Steph [Carpenter] has taken up the helm and that's worked out really well. He's been very creative has been writing very weird, melodic stuff"

if any eros song, besides the other version of beauty school, turned up on d.e i would guess "youve seen the butcher".
its a bit weird and the guitar playing is clearly more melodic than usual steph riffin.speaking of the chorus.

thats just a guess thou, so dont trip :)

sing blue silver

stephen seems pretty confident that once they finish it and give it to the label it'll leak.

snw9

i just want to hear melanie
Code: [Select]

White Wrist

Eros is going to be THE record

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: juvenile on May 23, 2010, 10:17 PM

it's in the middle of SNW, track 8 I think.

sing blue silver

Quote from: White Wrist on May 25, 2010, 01:21 PM
Eros is going to be THE record

no way it can live up to it's hype. also if the band just rewrote the material i also think they wouldn't say they plan on releasing it. seems like shooting themselves in the foot a bit.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on May 26, 2010, 03:32 AM

no fucking way, me thinks

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

snw9

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on May 26, 2010, 03:32 AM

its just not the same man.

snw9

its time to bring back a female vocalist to make a guest appearance on the album