Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

it would be awesome, specially if is someone like Björk...
i was thinking on what artists would be cool to hear with Deftones, but thought about it carefully since whe all know what happened with Serj...
i would LOVE if there is a guest appearance from Grady (Will Haven), Thom Yorke (Radiohead), Greg Puciato (DEP), Björk...
or some others that some of you may find interesting..
i wanna hear Eros so much.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Vesanic

Serj's part was so lazy that even 2006's Chino could sing it and that's saying something.

defTHE1s

yeah, that's something...
also they could do some good things with Trent Reznor, or the guy from Thrice

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

deftones86

Rick Astley imagine the possibilites

Vesanic

SX King

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 07, 2010, 06:12 AM
Susan Boyle, man.

Lmfao i dont even know what 2 say to that.

Vesanic

What if all that mystery behind Eros were just a marketing strategy ?

Naaah, I'm being silly but damn, that would be a hell of a good idea.

wax

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 08, 2010, 10:09 PM

marketing strategy in what way? just to hype the band more?  ?? personally id be pissed if some band was lying about an album they made and kept saying it might be released and never was.   not a good marketing strategy idea to me

Vesanic

Well because now everybody wants to hear Eros like reaaaally bad, that's the goal in a music marketing strategy. I meant " it's a good idea " because it would have worked out really if it really were a strategy, but it sucks on the moral point.

pony_01

i was thinking the same too. but its really a good idea if the truth isnt reveal

Jacob

so now this has actually turned into a conspiracy theory? wow.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wax

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 08, 2010, 10:23 PM
Well because now everybody wants to hear Eros like reaaaally bad, that's the goal in a music marketing strategy. I meant " it's a good idea " because it would have worked out really if it really were a strategy, but it sucks on the moral point.

hmmm...i dont know how much more people would want to hear an album this proposed way vs. just wanting to hear a new album they know is coming out for sure.  unless it wasnt released for a LONG time in which case wouldnt even make sense....

Vesanic

I said: " If that were true, that would be a subtle hit in the game. "

Of course i know it's not a marketing strategy.

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 08, 2010, 10:09 PM

what if Eros= Diamond Eyes to throw us off?? lol jk
Code: [Select]

snw9

Quote from: defTHE1s on Jun 07, 2010, 05:17 AM
it would be awesome, specially if is someone like Björk...
i was thinking on what artists would be cool to hear with Deftones, but thought about it carefully since whe all know what happened with Serj...
i would LOVE if there is a guest appearance from Grady (Will Haven), Thom Yorke (Radiohead), Greg Puciato (DEP), Björk...
or some others that some of you may find interesting..
i wanna hear Eros so much.

I was thinkin Cristina from Lacuna coil. i think her voice on a slow tempo team sleepish song or a fast song would go amazing with chino collaborating 
Code: [Select]

defTHE1s

I also was thinking, a song kinda Moving to Montana or Finest Hour with Will Haven's vocalist, Grady, would make a pretty good song, something similar to Passenger with Maynard.

yourwaves

does anyone really know how dark and atmospheric eros is? Like is it some real dark shit? the way they make it sound everyone must have been up at two in the morning shooting heroin or tripping on xelant. okay maybe that all stems from my imagination...i just want to float here forever

TheShade1989

Quote from: yourwaves on Jun 22, 2010, 04:55 PM
does anyone really know how dark and atmospheric eros is? Like is it some real dark shit? the way they make it sound everyone must have been up at two in the morning shooting heroin or tripping on xelant. okay maybe that all stems from my imagination...i just want to float here forever

Haha. I dont think it was quite so inspired by that, but that's how they make it sound. I like that dark kinda ethereal stuff, but they said it was weird, so I dont know, I think it'd be...a lot different frm their other stuff. Again.

Vesanic

Quote from: yourwaves on Jun 22, 2010, 04:55 PM

Whatever you smoke, I want to try it.

yourwaves

haha i wasnt blazed but i am quite intrigued about the way they make eros sound i think since everyone was all in turmoil and i think chino started hitting the booger sugar lol i had to say it myself everyone else does...but u know it was dark time.. in my mind eros sounds more like tool u kno the anema period and a little of lateralus... and wings for marie killer song... maybe a little bit of apc too.