Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShade1989

Quote from: yourwaves on Jun 22, 2010, 09:39 PM
haha i wasnt blazed but i am quite intrigued about the way they make eros sound i think since everyone was all in turmoil and i think chino started hitting the booger sugar lol i had to say it myself everyone else does...but u know it was dark time.. in my mind eros sounds more like tool u kno the anema period and a little of lateralus... and wings for marie killer song... maybe a little bit of apc too.

Was he still doing coke then? Ah, either way...I love that whole dark and slightly depressing kind of music. Deftones does it well, and they make their dark-sounding music really haunting and I love that. But yeah they said it was weird, so I guess it's hard to make assumptions about what it sounds like. None of their albums really sound the same or sound like a continuation or part 2 of anything, but I am really intrigued by what it'd sound like. One day, I guess.

yourwaves

yea i hope that one day comes fast no wait i hope its slow and hard but also fast...x)

snw9

just watched melanie live and realized hes playin with a seven string.. had to see it to be sure. i thought eros was recorded using an 8 string guitar.
Code: [Select]

Mothman

Hey guys, do U think the Eros material will be released when current tour finishes?
You move like I want to.

Vesanic

Quote from: Mothman on Jul 20, 2010, 01:17 AM
Hey guys, do U think the Eros material will be released when current tour finishes?

No, I don't.

Sinatra

I kind of get the feeling some of the songs on Eros were redone for Diamond Eyes. Especially "This Place Is Death", it has a very similar sound to Self Titled. When I picture the sound for Eros I picture an album similar to Self Titled. Self Titled was originally supposed to be titled "Lovers", and Eros means 1. The god of love 2. Creative, often sexual yearning, love, or desire. There has to be some connection in direction, it almost seems to be intentional its such a coincidence. Overall Self Titled is my favorite album by Deftones and I'd love to see them continue in that direction, I cant complain because they made Diamond Eyes which brought them together as a band again and also brought back their youth. They haven't been this good live in years, Diamond Eyes is perfect for them right now I thinks its what they needed and I'm fully content with just that alone.

defTHE1s

I was at a random house delivering some things, and found this:

http://defthe1s.webcindario.com/Imagen0075[1].jpg

I know the quality sucks but it's a door, and it says EROS... found this weird and funny.. in a door? really?? haha WTF..

Edit: Had to remove the pic and let the link only, buddy. Pic was too big. Vesanic

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

defTHE1s

Hahah ok, thanks, but I WANTED the pic to be shown as IT IS!!!

j/k Ves, I shoul've used the Spolier function..

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Nebontha

QuoteI was at a random house delivering some things, and found this:

I know the quality sucks but it's a door, and it says EROS... found this weird and funny.. in a door? really?? haha WTF..

La página solicitada no existe
translation: "The page you requested no longer exists"
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

yeah

Quote from: Nebontha on Aug 16, 2010, 01:58 AM
QuoteI was at a random house delivering some things, and found this:

La página solicitada no existe
translation: "The page you requested no longer exists"

Are you sure? copy the link again.. _http://defthe1s.webcindario.com/Imagen0075[1].jpg

Nebontha

right, sorry, I should have copy/pasted the whole line, not just what was hyperlink'ed
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

snw9

[Part 2] Very cool interview of Chino Moreno for Musiquemag.com 2010 [Sous-titres français]

looks like eros has some psychedelic influences, free style jamming kind of album.. this interview also confirms they have 2 more records left with their label, since diamond eyes has been released, its down to one now.

credit to Vesanique for posting on youtube.

marco j

^
Awesome news that they plan on releasing Eros!
This town don't feel right...

snw9

Quote from: marco j on Sep 08, 2010, 11:51 PM
^

they always did intend to release, they still don't know when..but yeah it is awesome. the description is quite interesting too

Vesanic

I think I shared that in the interviews thread some while ago... Whatever, glad that you like it, fellas.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

You bet your ass is psychodelic, did you hear the sounds on video number 2 of the eros session?

deftones in studio clip 2

So fucking fantastic

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Psychedelic is the "Bob Ezrin tracks".  Can't imagine them going any more psychedelic than that! It excites me to even picture what is "Eros".
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Vesanic

I guess Eros is pretty much SNW number 2. Just darker, with a more concrete structure and even more experimental.

marco j

Quote from: juvenile on Sep 09, 2010, 02:50 AM
^

they always did intend to release, they still don't know when..but yeah it is awesome. the description is quite interesting too

I wasn't sure if they were going to release it or not. Obviously I want to have anything they release so I will wait patiently for this. :)
This town don't feel right...

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: marco j on Sep 09, 2010, 07:50 PM
Quote from: juvenile on Sep 09, 2010, 02:50 AM
^
As we all will just have to. It sucks to even read about it anymore because of the anticipation and rumors.

I wasn't sure if they were going to release it or not. Obviously I want to have anything they release so I will wait patiently for this. :)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!