Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

Quote from: davetonez on Jan 11, 2011, 03:44 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 11, 2011, 03:39 AM
Quote from: davetonez on Jan 11, 2011, 03:36 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 10, 2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah it's stupid but I think he was more or less just drawing a comparison between the two albums. People here take things people say WAY too literally.

This guys got the idea, it's a comparison... The album itself will draw a cult following like Weezer's unreleased album. I just thought it was interesting to mention due to Chino liking Weezer, hell they've covered Say It Aint So live.

as well as holiday, tired of sex, in the garage and probably some others. i wish they'd bust out one of those these days.

Same, I'd love to hear a few studio versions if they exist. I had no idea they covered Tired of Sex, one of Weezer's best

no studio versions sadly but i'm fairly sure you can find them all live on youtube.

here's tired of sex.
Deftones - Tired of Sex / Engine No. 9(live) 9/11/97

defsteve

It is clear they won't be touring Eros. Diamond Eyes has another 12/18 months of touring which would mean Eros would be approx 4 years old once the current touring cycle is complete.

I would release it digitally with all Chi's proceeds going to his medical costs.

Aim for digital 'sign-ups' asking for $10 each. Once total sign-ups reach a set number (say 100,000) everyone gets a download link valid for one download each in FLAC/WAV/MP3/AAC format. If it is leaked after that at least they will have raised some serious cash.

Although the fact we all want to hear it doesn't necessarily mean we ever will  :( :'(

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Frequency_Chemist

I'm not going to give up on Eros. If Chi gets better and to the point he could play again I think we'd see it then. If he doesn't...I think the label will release it after the band is done with. You know, just to make a few more bucks off the band. Worst case scenario they'll release it the day after I die. If that's the case I wouldn't blame you if you wished death on me.

from_musings

I understand the comparison to some extent. What i don't understand is this:

Quote from: davetonez on Jan 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
We know Chino is a fan of Weezer, Eros may just be the Deftones Songs from the Black Hole (The album Weezer scraped in turn for Pinkerton)

I just thought it was interesting to mention due to Chino liking Weezer, hell they've covered Say It Aint So live.

It insinuates that chino/deftones have acted as they did with eros, because of how weezer acted with their record. That deftones are such big fans that they do whatever weezer does in a case like this, not matter what costs, no matter if it's good or bad for deftones. It's weird.

rock_n_frost

Deftones - Eros  leaked.....

imagine it..
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

vinsanity

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jan 11, 2011, 02:30 PM
Deftones - Eros  leaked.....

imagine it..

I know that i would prefer to see full version, finished, but can't say i wouldn't be happy if the leak happens
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

davetonez

Quote from: from_musings on Jan 11, 2011, 01:41 PM
I understand the comparison to some extent. What i don't understand is this:

Quote from: davetonez on Jan 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
We know Chino is a fan of Weezer, Eros may just be the Deftones Songs from the Black Hole (The album Weezer scraped in turn for Pinkerton)

I just thought it was interesting to mention due to Chino liking Weezer, hell they've covered Say It Aint So live.

It insinuates that chino/deftones have acted as they did with eros, because of how weezer acted with their record. That deftones are such big fans that they do whatever weezer does in a case like this, not matter what costs, no matter if it's good or bad for deftones. It's weird.

Eh, sometimes it's hard getting an idea across online. I didn't want it to come across as that's why the album hasn't been released yet... That'd be stupid.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I don't think it's realistic that Weezer has anything to do with this. It wouldn't get past the rest of the band, especially Stephen. It is solely because of Chi's situation. New topic please. 10,000,000 pleases actually..... ;D
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: defsteve on Jan 11, 2011, 05:10 AM
It is clear they won't be touring Eros. Diamond Eyes has another 12/18 months of touring which would mean Eros would be approx 4 years old once the current touring cycle is complete.

I would release it digitally with all Chi's proceeds going to his medical costs.

Aim for digital 'sign-ups' asking for $10 each. Once total sign-ups reach a set number (say 100,000) everyone gets a download link valid for one download each in FLAC/WAV/MP3/AAC format. If it is leaked after that at least they will have raised some serious cash.

Although the fact we all want to hear it doesn't necessarily mean we ever will  :( :'(

Good point. I like this idea and would think they have or will toss this around. Better than a leak, I would rather pay $10 to Chi's cause than get a leaked version that probably sounds like shiiiiit.

pinkmaggit

I know it's very unlikely at this point but I trawl the net almost every day hoping to find some info as to when Eros will be released.
I know they're probably waiting for Chi to make a recovery first but I think now or even the next year or so would be a great time to release it.
It would bring more attention to Chi's plight and it would be great if the proceeds could go towards Chi's medical bills - I'm sure he sorely needs the money at this point in time.
I'm sure there'd be a lot less illegal downloading with this album and a lot more sales because people would be wanting to give something towards Chi's recovery.What a great thing it would be - to be able to say thank you to Chi for all the wonderful music he has given us, music that has changed a lot of our lives.It's not always easy for people like me, who live outside the states and don't have a credit card to give something towards Chi but if Eros was available as a CD I'd go out and buy it straight away ........ and one copy just wouldn't be enough!
Of course the only thing I don't like about the Tones is the length of time it takes them to put out a new album. Waiting 3 years is always so painful!
So from a selfish point of view it would be so good to be able to wrap my ears around some new Deftones material, before the usual 3 year wait is up!
I'm sure Chi would be proud of them, whatever they decide to do.

defTHE1s

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Jan 24, 2011, 12:08 AM
So from a selfish point of view it would be so good to be able to wrap my ears around some new Deftones material, before the usual 3 year wait is up!
And no matter if it's old music or renewed music, i'd love to hear some new Deftones material and at the same time helping Chi, if they put it as digital or physical album

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: defTHE1s on Jan 26, 2011, 06:16 AM
Quote from: pinkmaggit on Jan 24, 2011, 12:08 AM
And no matter if it's old music or renewed music, i'd love to hear some new Deftones material and at the same time helping Chi, if they put it as digital or physical album
Kinda lazy right now to scroll down where this originated from but there is an interview posted where Chino n Serge say they are writing for a new album after the tour or during? Maybe you've seen it by now, just helping out brothers.

Vesanic

I changed my mind. We'll never get Eros.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 27, 2011, 08:01 AM
I changed my mind. We'll never get Eros.
V, I sure hope you are not as influential to this idea as I think u may be buddy. lol! I would love to hear it as well but you are right, I'm afraid. I'm over it, but can't get away from this topic for the life of me. I'm starting to get more excited about the next record than Eros anyways, after we heard about them writing soon straight from the horse's mouth. It's all good, because if it depends on Chi's well-being, so be it. It's only right after all (I believe, now) and drives more hope into me that he wakes up and tours Eros properly. Let's just be excited for the next record and elaborate on our ideas of what we picture this next one to be like. It's exciting especially to wonder because they evolve and write every record differently from the rest, right? GYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Vesanic

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jan 27, 2011, 08:47 AMV, I sure hope you are not as influential to this idea as I think u may be buddy. lol!

Haha...

I hope I'm wrong, man, believe me, I do with all the ventricles of my red beating thing, but let's just be realistic for a second...

The label controls the band's music that gets released. The Deftones compose the music they want to compose but, the music that gets out there is not up to them. WMG doesn't like Eros. Fact. They won't release it. They will not.

The only hope is a leak in a couple of years, but I hardly believe in that too.

ponyx

so eros is like entertain me then. both will never be seen.

Vesanic

Quote from: ponyx on Jan 27, 2011, 09:01 AM
so eros is like entertain me then. both will never be seen.

Just like I commented on that Big Day Out interview, Eros is gonna be the " Entertain Me Affair " number 2.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 27, 2011, 08:56 AM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jan 27, 2011, 08:47 AMV, I sure hope you are not as influential to this idea as I think u may be buddy. lol!

Haha...

I hope I'm wrong, man, believe me, I do with all the ventricles of my red beating thing, but let's just be realistic for a second...

The label controls the band's music that gets released. The Deftones compose the music they want to compose but, the music that gets out there is not up to them. WMG doesn't like Eros. Fact. They won't release it. They will not.

The only hope is a leak in a couple of years, but I hardly believe in that too.
Didn't know WMG didn't like it. Makes me love it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I believe they only have 1 left with WMG which if possible they could find a label other than them and that could be the only possibility. But yeah, by then,,,,,,,, years from now...... long gone (frowns)

Hidalgo

i really hope we all hear it someday, but i'm gonna try not to think about it much. drives me nuts knowing they have a whole album i haven't heard, it reall does. at least they're starting another one soon. but i'll always wonder about eros. how could you not?

yeah

IN other words: I really really hope so, but I don't think so? (c)