Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Deadradio

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 21, 2011, 05:32 AM
Every time I see someone post in this thread I pray that it's about Eros leaking. No such luck.

same here!

snw9

Eros will never leak. the record label doesnt even have the final mastered recordings, in fact that doesnt even exist. the only way we can get that recording is for someone to infiltrate the cabinet or computer that its hidden in or as Juan (deftones assistant) to leak a copy for us!!

I wonder how much Juan would do it for?Imagine we all chip in 10 bucks for Juan to do it!

Not that I'm saying i dont want it to leak, it'll very unlikely.
Code: [Select]

rehostia

Quote from: juvenile on Mar 08, 2011, 04:18 AM
Eros will never leak. the record label doesnt even have the final mastered recordings, in fact that doesnt even exist. the only way we can get that recording is for someone to infiltrate the cabinet or computer that its hidden in or as Juan (deftones assistant) to leak a copy for us!!

I wonder how much Juan would do it for?Imagine we all chip in 10 bucks for Juan to do it!

Not that I'm saying i dont want it to leak, it'll very unlikely.

LIAR!!!!    :-\

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 28, 2011, 02:25 AM
Quote from: juvenile on Feb 28, 2011, 02:08 AM
Quote from: JVell on Feb 21, 2011, 12:34 AM
Not to beat a dead horse to death, but I think we'll get to hear Eros eventually. Obviously, I doubt that Deftones have any aspirations of releasing this material as a commercialized, full length album. I believe they'll release it offhandedly one day, unless they are motivated to re-work some of the songs and craft them into a fresh release.

In all honesty, I cannot even fathom Deftones having an album off to the side and us, as fans, never being able to hear it. It hurts too much to think about.

I agree with u, some of the songs will be re-written. I was listening to melanie and realized how weak the lyrics are compared to what Chino wrote in Diamond eyes. In the right mind-set, they'll turn those songs around
I hope they keep what they have because a special thing about their records is the time period and the mindset they are in (like they have said) that's why every record evolves and is unique from the rest. Especially since I don't think they should change a thing they did with Chi. It could be the last, you know? Let's just hope they write a new record at least aside from Eros....

i was more intrigued with melanie than i was with about 25% of the DE stuff. don't get me wrong, i love DE but melanie is a perfect example of the mood i felt was missing on that record. i miss the eratic, abrasive deftones a bit. still though i'm extremely happy with what we've got already and look forward to eventually loving eros, re-worked or not.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

defTHE1s

Quote from: Deadradio on Mar 07, 2011, 05:47 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 21, 2011, 05:32 AM
Every time I see someone post in this thread I pray that it's about Eros leaking. No such luck.

same here!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Vesanic

In an interview from yesterday, when asked about Eros, Sergio stated:

"It's waiting for the right moment," he says. "I think right now it's unfairly attached to the incident with Chi. It's just circumstantial. It's not about that. I think that when there is a time where it can be seen as a piece for itself, then it will make more sense to put it out. And even better yet, if there's a chance that Chi could somehow be a part of it in some capacity at all, that would just be 100 times better."

http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/03/interview-sergio-vega-of-the-deftones/

from_musings

"I think I'll keep the two first questions that I wrote, even the not-really-a-question with Eros.

As of now, lots of fans are convinced that we'll never get to hear Eros. Diamond Eyes had a huge, huge success and most of the fans were really impressed with that record, but there are still some people curious about Eros. Why don't you finally release it and, why not, use the benefits for Chi's family, who is currently struggling with the huge ft ees of his treatmen?
"

I'm wondering the same thing,but hope that it's asked a little more humble. maybe it's a bit too much accusation, irritation, and attacking in the question.but unfortunately I think it will be a pre-formulated answer, not necessarily a straightforward answer if they will get that question.

Vesanic

In what way is that an accusation ? They have Eros, it's not finished, some people want to hear it, Chi needs money. Am I saying anything wrong ? No.

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 01, 2011, 04:41 PM
In what way is that an accusation ? They have Eros, it's not finished, some people want to hear it, Chi needs money. Am I saying anything wrong ? No.

i want some inside information answers too just like you,not some floating nice answer that sound good in the media.It's just that it sounds "why haven't you released eros for the benefit of chi? what's wrong with you guys?? have some heart!" but that's just my interpretation.
did you see Stephen's reaction when he recently got a chance to comment on the fact that many think they've done too little for chi?
He was clearly annoyed. And if they get annoyd maybe they won't answer it properly like steph.

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 01, 2011, 04:46 PMdid you see Stephen's reaction when he recently got a chance to comment on the fact that many think they've done too little for chi?

I actually did not.

Vesanic

Well, that was totally unexpected, but...

Tracklist:

Dallas (4'37)
XO (5'11)
Alisson (3'44)
Destiny (2'16)
Melanie (2'40)
Latex (3'57)
You ate it (4'01)
Firelegs (3'12)
Trempest (2'30)
Maya (5'36)

Download (320kbps MP3):

www.mediafire.com/?3ibw0om00jf

Mind = blown.

KLaUThiO

mono

wuajjajajajajajaj OWNED!

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

I think I creamed my pants! "you ate it" fucking classic!!!!!!111

Rocket Skates '94

lahemi

Oh wow, Vesanic, you... ugh, that, good sir, just made my day  ;D

Will give the link to your post to a pal of mine now, with the words "oh fuck dude, stand up and take a seat again, you'll know why when you saw what's behind that link...", hihi.

Inkblades

Vesanic

White Wrist