shut up you don't know what you're talking about death to the infidel
lol

E-Money

Eros is never happening. 

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: E-Money on Apr 09, 2011, 05:46 AM
Eros is never happening. 

I thought I'd post my two cents here:
a day or two ago, when Steph arrived arrived to argentina, he was asked about Eros by somebody called Dan. Steph's response to its release date is: "It will come out when christ comes back to the earth. And we know that's never happening,  hahaha"

It's not even a finished album unfortunately, and knowing whose work is missing I fear eros may never see the light of day. Maybe a few tracks on a strange situation. I'd like to hear the Myspace clip song, since they put it on the map, though.

tarkil

I definitely agree with you on this, I hardly see it being released one day for these exact reasons.
We all know Chino said that he doesn't like to revisit old material because it belongs to a different mindset that was happening at the time.

Just see the song Bumble D, it was awesome as hell, but Chino just never find some lyrics at the time, and then never wanted to revisit it and complete it...

But we may see the finished songs released / leaked one day, who knows...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Corleone

this band just sucks balls then, atleast learn to properly mix and master your music then, bring back terry

/rant

Sea Bass

Quote from: Corleone on Apr 09, 2011, 07:20 AM
this band just sucks balls then, atleast learn to properly mix and master your music then, bring back terry

/rant

statement.

There Will Be Blood

a few years back in a Frank Interview he said the album is finished and was in Post-Production. Maybe all that yeah it will come out and its on the back burner talk was because they didn't know how serious chi's condition was and how long it will last.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 08, 2011, 11:24 PM
I personally believe that Eros will be fucking awesome.
It will be infinitely better than Diamond Eyes and SNW.
Dark, romantic, agressive, chaotic.
Dark, romantic, aggressive, chaotic. PERFECT description of a flawless Deftones record bro.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

lostpilot

I know, right?!
Point is that I don't think we will ever get that record :)

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Apr 09, 2011, 12:48 AM
If White Pony and self-titled had a baby, Eros would murder that baby. That's how great it is.
eros wld b that baby :o

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: tarkil on Apr 09, 2011, 07:14 AM
I definitely agree with you on this, I hardly see it being released one day for these exact reasons.
We all know Chino said that he doesn't like to revisit old material because it belongs to a different mindset that was happening at the time.

Just see the song Bumble D, it was awesome as hell, but Chino just never find some lyrics at the time, and then never wanted to revisit it and complete it...

But we may see the finished songs released / leaked one day, who knows...
Tarkil, don't mean to get off the subject for a second but u mentioned Bumble D and I've never found a good version to download n have. U have anything? link? thnx in advance

tarkil

I don't have anything with me, but if I remember correctly, there are some "correct" versions floating on youtube, look for Cactus club show 1997 there.
And there's no better version than that cause nothing was ever recorded in studio, it's just a live song they played a couple of times.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: tarkil on Apr 12, 2011, 03:57 AM
I don't have anything with me, but if I remember correctly, there are some "correct" versions floating on youtube, look for Cactus club show 1997 there.
And there's no better version than that cause nothing was ever recorded in studio, it's just a live song they played a couple of times.
Thanks man for replying so fast! Yeah, I will have to record that one. I was thinking that the studio rehearsal or the audio-only version were the only 2 worth anything. I had 2 Ipods full of everything in this world (literally, lol) stolen from my truck at a family gathering!!! Go figure, right? Some friends of friends of cousins is where it is narrowed down to are now (ironically, with me being an EARLY fan) are now Deftones' fans probably if they have any sense after eating and drinking from my family's earnings. I'm a sucka! I'm slowly trying to get everything back on a new one but I work 6 days 12 hrs a week and getting shit together for a wedding this fall. Nothing gonna stop me from getting these rarities back on my headphones, bro! Thanks again

Redsun

hi friends, just want to know if anyone have some materials (i mean blog writings of chi and chino, pictures, song  samples...) from deftonesinstudio.blogspot.com era?

snw9

eros will come out but i have a strong feeling it will be reworked
Code: [Select]

sing blue silver

Quote from: juvenile on Apr 21, 2011, 04:49 AM

i believe the opposite. i think the need for reworking (since it was never really finished) will keep them from ever completing it and we'll never see it. maybe years down the line it'll surface somewhere but i'm not holding my breath.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

The way they've described Eros is so perfect it is almost surreal to believe it is that way and that we'll hear it. We haven't had a record that was full of lengthy tracks that are just incredibly "jammy". I've longed for a record like that and hope that if they decide never to release Eros by the time they start writing the next, that they will consider writing like this again! They said it was deep, dark, and unorthodox. Just right, but probably too good to be true. I think I comment on this thread every time I jam out to Melanie. What a goo d song IMO. I would like to know the correct lyrics to this track to get an idea of what the rest of the record may be about, roughly....

snw9

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 21, 2011, 05:04 AM

i believe the opposite. i think the need for reworking (since it was never really finished) will keep them from ever completing it and we'll never see it. maybe years down the line it'll surface somewhere but i'm not holding my breath.

Contractually, aren't the obligated to do so?  I was thinking, all the money that went into this record for production, mixing and recording will have to recovered somehow by the label. The label owns the rights of this album too so wouldn't they force the band to complete the record. I highly doubt they'd let an unfinished album just sit there after all the effort and money was put into it.
Code: [Select]

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: juvenile on Apr 24, 2011, 12:39 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 21, 2011, 05:04 AM

Contractually, aren't the obligated to do so?  I was thinking, all the money that went into this record for production, mixing and recording will have to recovered somehow by the label. The label owns the rights of this album too so wouldn't they force the band to complete the record. I highly doubt they'd let an unfinished album just sit there after all the effort and money was put into it.
No shit!, They wouldn't say it will be here one day or even talk about it at all if it weren't to be released. They would squash the questions all together,I would think. They say it is super special too with deep stuff as well. It'll be here, the glass is 3/4 full people. Quit shitting on our hopes and dreams, damn it! lol