Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Apr 23, 2011, 09:56 PM
Quote from: juvenile on Apr 23, 2011, 09:39 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 21, 2011, 02:04 AM
Quote from: juvenile on Apr 21, 2011, 01:49 AM
eros will come out but i have a strong feeling it will be reworked

i believe the opposite. i think the need for reworking (since it was never really finished) will keep them from ever completing it and we'll never see it. maybe years down the line it'll surface somewhere but i'm not holding my breath.

Contractually, aren't the obligated to do so?  I was thinking, all the money that went into this record for production, mixing and recording will have to recovered somehow by the label. The label owns the rights of this album too so wouldn't they force the band to complete the record. I highly doubt they'd let an unfinished album just sit there after all the effort and money was put into it.
No shit!, They wouldn't say it will be here one day or even talk about it at all if it weren't to be released. They would squash the questions all together,I would think. They say it is super special too with deep stuff as well. It'll be here, the glass is 3/4 full people. Quit shitting on our hopes and dreams, damn it! lol

they used the little remaining studio time and money to make DE so technically the label got a return on their investment. this begs the question why they brought in a new producer and how that must have gone over with terry but from what i've read that seems to be the case.

snw9

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 24, 2011, 05:17 PM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Apr 23, 2011, 09:56 PM
Quote from: juvenile on Apr 23, 2011, 09:39 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 21, 2011, 02:04 AM
Quote from: juvenile on Apr 21, 2011, 01:49 AM
eros will come out but i have a strong feeling it will be reworked

i believe the opposite. i think the need for reworking (since it was never really finished) will keep them from ever completing it and we'll never see it. maybe years down the line it'll surface somewhere but i'm not holding my breath.

Contractually, aren't the obligated to do so?  I was thinking, all the money that went into this record for production, mixing and recording will have to recovered somehow by the label. The label owns the rights of this album too so wouldn't they force the band to complete the record. I highly doubt they'd let an unfinished album just sit there after all the effort and money was put into it.
No shit!, They wouldn't say it will be here one day or even talk about it at all if it weren't to be released. They would squash the questions all together,I would think. They say it is super special too with deep stuff as well. It'll be here, the glass is 3/4 full people. Quit shitting on our hopes and dreams, damn it! lol

they used the little remaining studio time and money to make DE so technically the label got a return on their investment. this begs the question why they brought in a new producer and how that must have gone over with terry but from what i've read that seems to be the case.

its safe to say maverick is well underway of recovering on Diamond Eyes, but Eros took a really long time, we're talking at least 2 years. If Diamond Eyes sales boom, then maverick can get really lucky.

I personally think the new producer brought a more positive aspect out of the band, rather than Terry Date who understands them really well and shapes up their music. I am not hating on him but change is always good :)
Code: [Select]

chuckles

someday we'll get this album... and it will blow the roof... for now let's enjoy what we have...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

snw9

So its safe to say we can expect EROS in the next 4-5 years maybe....

BillyNo.9

I actually imagine them putting out in around 10 years for some reason. I hope it's not the case but if they do make another album like they said, I'm with everyone else that said mid 2013, by the time they finish that whole era of touring etc will be around 2015. We the fans will be in the same situation we are now. Besides I doubt they'll do it until Chi recovers.

I hope I'm not right and we do get to hear the damn album sometime soon!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I think I got it...... They've expressed wanting to release an album "Radiohead style" online (pay your price) and it would fit Eros really well! I don't see it coming in a package saying "the long, anticipated, controversial record by the (old) Deftones" -  on a silver sticker. Nope. They will bring it online probably an Itunes deal where you pay your price or they'll have a track by track fee or something like that. And it WILL be in the next couple of years or sooner. While THEY still feel relevant enough and on this great wave they are riding. No way will it be ten years from now when most wont give a fucking care in the world for it. It would b forgotten by most and leave a bad dent in their legacy. My opinion, maybe not yours.... oh well. Wait n see mofos!
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

defsteve

Quote from: defsteve on Jan 11, 2011, 03:10 AM
It is clear they won't be touring Eros. Diamond Eyes has another 12/18 months of touring which would mean Eros would be approx 4 years old once the current touring cycle is complete.

I would release it digitally with all Chi's proceeds going to his medical costs.

Aim for digital 'sign-ups' asking for $10 each. Once total sign-ups reach a set number (say 100,000) everyone gets a download link valid for one download each in FLAC/WAV/MP3/AAC format. If it is leaked after that at least they will have raised some serious cash.

Although the fact we all want to hear it doesn't necessarily mean we ever will  :( :'(

Still this.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: defsteve on May 07, 2011, 09:03 PM

Quote from: defsteve on Jan 11, 2011, 03:10 AM
It is clear they won't be touring Eros. Diamond Eyes has another 12/18 months of touring which would mean Eros would be approx 4 years old once the current touring cycle is complete.

I would release it digitally with all Chi's proceeds going to his medical costs.

Aim for digital 'sign-ups' asking for $10 each. Once total sign-ups reach a set number (say 100,000) everyone gets a download link valid for one download each in FLAC/WAV/MP3/AAC format. If it is leaked after that at least they will have raised some serious cash.

Although the fact we all want to hear it doesn't necessarily mean we ever will  :( :'(

Still this.
pretty much what I was conveying as well, I think. U make a better point with the proceeds to Chi, that's the cherry on top. Nice
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

dictatesofreason

EROS= the lost cityof gold, El Dorado

honeybeewu

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM
Quote from: Martin on Mar 23, 2010, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't say that, since everyone's about 'Diamond Eyes' it will be forgotten or that no-one gives a crap about 'Eros'.

Agreed, but Jacob said he couldn't believe that people were still talking about Eros now that we have Diamond Eyes, that deftones fans are never satisfied, etc.

It's not about being "Satisfied"... Deftones is like a sweet drug. We just can't get enough....

Vesanic

Quote from: honeybeewu on Jun 08, 2011, 09:14 PM
It's not about being "Satisfied"... Deftones is like a sweet drug. We just can't get enough....

Hehe, right.

Vesanic

From an interview given a bit before the Pomona show, which took place on June 15

from_musings

they've stopped saying "release it when chi comes back" in eros questions?

sing blue silver

as i've been saying, well never hear it. on the off chance we ever do it won't be for a LONG time.

snw9

Ahh I hate how Eros was written during a dark period, even though its post-Saturday Night Wrist when the band was starting to shape up again..It will definitely come out but I am very sure it's going to be reworked once Chino decides to revisit that dark, unstructured jam of an album

Redsun

Chi Cheng:

"We've been locked into the studio, as you know, and are finishing the drum tracks on a song tentatively called 'Trempest'. It's heavy as fuck with a shitload of groove and even though it's been driving me crazy as it runs through my insomniatic brain, I am really excited! I always say this shit, but I truly believe this album to be well worth the wait and appreciate all your support and kind loyalty.The idea of finishing the album and getting out to play in front of y'all is a nice light at the end of my tunnel. We intend to tour extensively so don't fret."

:-\ wake up chi... please...

TheShade1989

It's pretty safe to say they wont be releasing it for a long time, if ever. Like thy said in the interview Vesanic posted, they're not even thinking about it right now. They're touring, gonna be working on some new music soon, etc., so I dont think they'll ever think of any time as an appropriate one unless it's in the distant future wen they just finally think "fuck it, let's just release some unreleased music".

Redsun

someone have the song samples from deftonesinstudio.blogspot.com era? back in the day, i remember chino moreno posted some of them, some short samples about what will eros taste like.. thank you...

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Redsun on Jun 27, 2011, 02:40 PM
Chi Cheng:

"We've been locked into the studio, as you know, and are finishing the drum tracks on a song tentatively called 'Trempest'. It's heavy as fuck with a shitload of groove and even though it's been driving me crazy as it runs through my insomniatic brain, I am really excited! I always say this shit, but I truly believe this album to be well worth the wait and appreciate all your support and kind loyalty.The idea of finishing the album and getting out to play in front of y'all is a nice light at the end of my tunnel. We intend to tour extensively so don't fret."

if it was chino i wouldnt belive it
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

snw9

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jun 28, 2011, 10:42 AM
Quote from: Redsun on Jun 27, 2011, 02:40 PM
Chi Cheng:

if it was chino i wouldnt belive it

chi jokes a lot too at times but who knows