Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chino17

the riff played in the eros videos is the same chord as beauty school (just the beginning of the song) but the notes are not played in the same order

so deftones fan musicians tell me what you think about that...

hope we never do meet again !

chino17

i often cover these two songs with my guitar

from_musings

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Jul 30, 2011, 08:49 PM
Why would they lie about that

because of varieties of ugly truths.for example, deftones see themselves as artists, but hate to say that they're bitches for a record company who has control over their music and actually owns it.and are ashamed of the way things go sometimes.

like what if the record company (which interfered a lot when snw was made) dismissed the unorthodox material on eros and came up with a proposal when chi ended up in a coma."we can give you money for a new bassplayer, but if so - we get you another producer who remakes these weird longs songs on eros, to short pop songs so we can make money here. and he will help you to finish the album with a couple new songs with the new bassplayer too just be sure the'yre easy listening. he will guide you through this but he's the boss now.no more fucking around. this is the dead line and here's the schedule, you're working 9-5 now" i'm not saying that it went down like that but im also saying that we don't know that it isn't some fucked up shit going on.deftones would never admit something of that nature. so getting all the 100% answers from deftones interviews is naive i think  :)

from_musings

Quote from: chino17 on Jul 31, 2011, 05:21 PM
the riff played in the eros videos is the same chord as beauty school (just the beginning of the song) but the notes are not played in the same order

so deftones fan musicians tell me what you think about that...

makes me think..if they reworked a riff on one song like this, how can we be 100% certain that they didn't reworked another eros riff too that ended up on diamond eyes? i'm not saying d.e is 50% eros songs, all i'm saying is that noone knows. not me, not the ones getting their facts from deftones either

from_musings

Quote from: Electron§ on Jul 31, 2011, 01:36 PM
No leaks or anything of that sort from this album?

we have a live track called melaine and a studio track called chillers. melaine is alright, but chillers is amazing and breathtaking

chino17

+1 agree with you from_musings // i'm sure that beauty school is a reworked song , but we don't know for the rest of the album

melaine makes me think to rapture sometimes!

chino17

where we can find the song chillers?

from_musings

ask vesanic but you better have some good shit to trade if you want this one

cEvin Key

I never heard about chillers before.
But there's even lyrics for this all over the internet.

is this legit???

http://www.lyrics007.com/Deftones%20Lyrics/Chillers%20Lyrics.html

Penicks

yup, it's legit

like musing said, vesanic has it but he won't trade unless you got ultra rare bootlegs

Vesanic

Yeah I want your mother for that.

BillyNo.9

Skinnypuppy should trade Entertain Me.

Electron§

Quote from: cEvin Key on Aug 01, 2011, 12:21 AM

is this legit???

The style of the lyrics makes me think their going back to kind of an Adrenaline type sound. Exciting.

Though, "Melanie" to me sounds just.... generic. Not really a fan of it, but from what ive heard of the other stuff, sounds pretty good.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Take no offense, but to me this does not exist. Why are you special enough to have this track when vocals n shit aren't complete and it hasn't been discussed to my knowledge anyways...... like i said, I don't believe it and wont until u release a 5 second snippet,  :-\ V, I know that if anyone had it here, it would be you - (respect). But I don't think so, I know u have heard a rehearsal jam from that record but not a studio track I and others would kill for.... :) Joke's on me right?????????
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 01, 2011, 07:16 AM

is this legit???

The style of the lyrics makes me think their going back to kind of an Adrenaline type sound. Exciting.

Though, "Melanie" to me sounds just.... generic. Not really a fan of it, but from what ive heard of the other stuff, sounds pretty good.

1) Those are some seriously old lyrics. You actually think Chino would write that as an adult?
2) How the fuck is Melanie generic?

cEvin Key

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Aug 01, 2011, 08:54 AM

is this legit???

1) Those are some seriously old lyrics. You actually think Chino would write that as an adult?

you're go, some very adult lyrics by Chino.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/rats-rats-rats-lyrics-deftones.html

TheyCallMeP

I've never even heard of the track Chillers, when was it recorded? (07? 08? two months ago?) Why is there no information out on it?

Vesanic

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Aug 01, 2011, 05:05 PM
I've never even heard of the track Chillers, when was it recorded? (07? 08? two months ago?) Why is there no information out on it?

Haha, that does it now. It's a joke. Someone once created a topic to know more about that song since they had come across that lyrics007 page. But obviously, the person who posted those lyrics wanted to fuck around or just don't know their shit. There's no way Chino would have written those lyrics.

chino17

so what the fuck! if this song exists ...vesanic tell us is it a good song?

i'd like to have opinions from musicians about beauty school riff and the one we can hear in the eros videos thanks // same chords

BillyNo.9

Quote from: cEvin Key on Aug 01, 2011, 01:29 PM
Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Aug 01, 2011, 08:54 AM

is this legit???

you're go, some very adult lyrics by Chino.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/rats-rats-rats-lyrics-deftones.html

So deep :')