Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frequency_Chemist

Fuck fly ya sequel bitches!

Vesanic

Quote from: chino17 on Aug 01, 2011, 09:26 PM
so what the fuck! if this song exists ...vesanic tell us is it a good song?

It does not exist.

TheyCallMeP

"Haha, that does it now. It's a joke. Someone once created a topic to know more about that song since they had come across that lyrics007 page."

You got me, I'll admit it haha. I was so confused that there were lyrics on google and everything but nothing mentioned here (except now) or anywhere else about the track. Well played

pony_01

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Aug 02, 2011, 12:54 PM
"Haha, that does it now. It's a joke. Someone once created a topic to know more about that song since they had come across that lyrics007 page."

You got me, I'll admit it haha. I was so confused that there were lyrics on google and everything but nothing mentioned here (except now) or anywhere else about the track. Well played

i thought Chillers is the one that heard-alike "Beauty School" :|
the lyrics is totally fake, it's like Fred Durst doing it.

Electron§

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Aug 01, 2011, 08:54 AM
Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 01, 2011, 07:16 AM
Quote from: cEvin Key on Aug 01, 2011, 12:21 AM
I never heard about chillers before.
But there's even lyrics for this all over the internet.

is this legit???

http://www.lyrics007.com/Deftones%20Lyrics/Chillers%20Lyrics.html

The style of the lyrics makes me think their going back to kind of an Adrenaline type sound. Exciting.

Though, "Melanie" to me sounds just.... generic. Not really a fan of it, but from what ive heard of the other stuff, sounds pretty good.

1) Those are some seriously old lyrics. You actually think Chino would write that as an adult?
2) How the fuck is Melanie generic?

1. Well, due to some of the language in it, (EX: "Da snowboard" wtf) I had doubts.

2. I don't feel anything when i hear that song. It sounds forced to me. The rest of what ive heard though from the online clips, sounds epic.  

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Aug 02, 2011, 12:54 PM

Well just as you... i discovered... I HAD BEEN HAD!!!

skinnypuppy

Fact; Deftones have a lot of incredible things that will never get released.

Sad but true. But who knows? It took the Cure and Depeche Mode a career of 30+ years to finally release pretty much everything that ever existed. Maybe this will happen with Deftones too.

Though with that said, their self-image plays a big role and they don't want the masses to see Entertain Me or hear Eros. So that's that. I've heard that Chino eventually wants Eros out but not Entertain Me. Oh well.

ponyx

fucking chino and his bad decisions

Electron§

from_musings

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Aug 10, 2011, 08:07 AM
Fact; Deftones have a lot of incredible things that will never get released.

Sad but true. But who knows? It took the Cure and Depeche Mode a career of 30+ years to finally release pretty much everything that ever existed. Maybe this will happen with Deftones too.

deftones are nowhere near as productive as cure and depeche. chino says this over and over, but i just use the crosses interview as source since it was the last time: "Chino: We pretty much got about 16 songs that we're working on (crosses), and that we've committed to the record.That's a lot for me. When The Deftones write a record, we write 12 songs, and we put 12 songs on the record."

i think we've heard most of their shit except eros

Electron§

Well the amount of B-sides and demos says otherwise to them only writing twelve tracks per album.

Inkblades

Wasn't he also saying that when they were writing White Pony, they wrote a bunch of songs that sounded too much like Around the Fur so they scrapped them? I bet those songs WERE FUCKING INSANE.

from_musings

Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 13, 2011, 06:46 AM
Well the amount of B-sides and demos says otherwise to them only writing twelve tracks per album.

well only crenshaw's punch's was an unreleased deftones song. that's 1/14 tracks which is purley deftones, the rest was covers and remakes. the few outtakes like lovers,crenshaw,god's hand i think we've already heard. one song we do know exist but haven't heard is the d.e outtake but i wouldn't say that's "tones of shit" we haven't heard

snw9

Quote from: from_musings on Aug 13, 2011, 12:12 PM

well only crenshaw's punch's was an unreleased deftones song. that's 1/14 tracks which is purley deftones, the rest was covers and remakes. the few outtakes like lovers,crenshaw,god's hand i think we've already heard. one song we do know exist but haven't heard is the d.e outtake but i wouldn't say that's "tones of shit" we haven't heard

oh there's XO too from self-titled. Plus for saturday night wrist, if I read correctly, 16 songs were recorded but we've only heard 15; 12 from SNW, drive cover, jealous guy cover and Wax and wane cover. Im not sure if I am missing one
Code: [Select]

from_musings

i know they got a lot of covers, i meant they're not as creative as depeche and cure in writing own stuff. playing other bands material isn't creative i think.i believe the few outtakes there are - we've heard most of them, i don't think there are like 20 outtakes to each record. why would chino say all the songs they make end up on record when in fact there are like 20 complete songs to each record finished somewhere? why lie about that? why didn't some of them make the rarities cd - just covers? may be covers and riffs we haven't heard, sure, but not real songs with vocals

sing blue silver

I think by the whole we write and release 12 songs thing it probably means completed songs with chino's vocals and full production. No doubt the rest of the guys jam and write structures for countless songs but I wouldn't count them since they're unfinished. That method seems to have passed though. With diamond eyes we heard all the material except the one elusive b-side we'll never get to hear. The only things I can think of the guys have written completely and we haven't heard would be the Eros, the diamond eyes b side, scrapped material from white pony sessions (which were probably never actually finished) and scrapped songs / alternate versions from SNW. All I really want is Eros and I'm standing behind the statement I've made countless times, we will NEVER hear it.

from_musings

that sounds about right. Maybe the songs on eros that are finished with vocals will see the light of the day sometime, like an ep or in a rarities collection when the band quit. but I too highly doubt that chino would record vocals on the unfinished tracks. Prob not gonna happen, and chances are that if they keep the complete stuff when chino sang in 2008, and mix those songs with chino singing like in 2013 – finishing the rest, we might hear 2 different chino's on one record and the cohesiveness would be way off. Like mixing adrenaline vocals with white pony vocals on one album. can't see this happen

Electron§

Quote from: juvenile on Aug 13, 2011, 08:04 PM

oh there's XO too from self-titled. Plus for saturday night wrist, if I read correctly, 16 songs were recorded but we've only heard 15; 12 from SNW, drive cover, jealous guy cover and Wax and wane cover. Im not sure if I am missing one

There was a song meant for self titled called "XO" that wasnt released? I looked it up and all i got was "Black Moon" from B-Sides and Rarities.

snw9

Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Quote from: juvenile on Aug 13, 2011, 08:04 PM

There was a song meant for self titled called "XO" that wasnt released? I looked it up and all i got was "Black Moon" from B-Sides and Rarities.

Yes, its a piano composed song by Chino (not FYIHYD) from self titled sessions but it never came out.
Source: sharinglungs.com
Code: [Select]

elite54

anyone still have that XO? i used to but i lost it.

iceache

Quote from: elite54 on Aug 18, 2011, 03:29 AM
anyone still have that XO? i used to but i lost it.

No one's ever had it.