Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

"It's not a lot different" and "No two Deftones albums are the same" are a bit contradictory but i think it's the first time that someone that wasn't part of the making of eros, talk about how it sounds. so i'm content with anything like this. the "sounds a lot like d.e" thing was a little of a shocker i think. but that's it, surly sergio isn't the man who can say or speculate when or if eros is gonna be relased, not up to him when he wasn't involve in it at all

Vesanic

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 13, 2011, 12:49 PM
Your all guess are wrong.
The clip 3 and 4 is obviously ''the finger of death'' as a b-side of the record

I wouldn't say " obviously ", but yeah, both sound like the last part of the Finger of Death instrumental demo.

chino17

hope we never do meet again !

Electron§

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 13, 2011, 07:33 PM
Quote from: Electron§ on Oct 13, 2011, 08:42 AM
(unknown song, "Dallas" maybe?)

Deftones mix Eros [Rehersal]

This is a fan-made, created using this:

Deftones - Eros song rehearsal snippet [Eros writing sessions]

But not just that, also the version which you hear at the beginning of the in studio clips.

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 13, 2011, 07:32 PM

I wouldn't say " obviously ", but yeah, both sound like the last part of the Finger of Death instrumental demo.

I highly doubt that they would re-work "Finger of Death/Buffalo" and put it on Eros. Even though there is a slight similarity, the part of it they played in clip 3 has some effects/reverb to the riff which doesnt sound anything like FOD.

Electron§

At one point there was a song called "Blue Tears" floating around and some people thought it might have been from Deftones as a demo for Eros or something, and when I listened to it recently, I actually noticed it bears a bit of a resemblance to "Risk" which is on Diamond Eyes. A hint?

Vesanic

I remember that, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Deftones related after all.

Electron§

Idk why but i always kind of imagined the cover of Eros being similar to Killing Joke's "Revelations" cover.

pony_01

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 13, 2011, 07:32 PM

it's completely different :| really

kitesvera

whats funny is I actually had the tracklist to Eros with all the stripper names as song names, Ill be damned if i can find it though

Electron§

Quote from: kitesvera on Nov 02, 2011, 01:06 AM
whats funny is I actually had the tracklist to Eros with all the stripper names as song names, Ill be damned if i can find it though

You mean you had the *whole* tracklist? Because if that's not what you mean, we already know of a few song names. (Melanie, Dallas, Destiny, and Trempest)

Electron§

Didn't Sergio say that the Eros songs were more complex and had "a lot more going on"? This made me think maybe we'd be getting some Faith No More/Mr. Bungle type mid song rhythm changes. I could see this happening actually kind of. Of course much more subtle, but with the way what we've heard sounds I can see it.       

Inkblades

I think there was a photo similar to the DE sessions board (you know, the one with Sleestack, Prince Michael and Yum Yum) for Eros. Not as many songs, though. Only eight. If I'm not mistaking, Asia was another working title.

m

Mercedes was also there on the board.

edit; I found some titles from taht board in the other thread here on SL:
-Mercedes
-Melanie
-Brenda
-Cindi
-Destiny
-Asia
-Griaun(?)
-Candy

Electron§

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 04, 2011, 04:19 PM
I think there was a photo similar to the DE sessions board (you know, the one with Sleestack, Prince Michael and Yum Yum) for Eros. Not as many songs, though. Only eight. If I'm not mistaking, Asia was another working title.

Quote from: m on Nov 04, 2011, 06:52 PM

Wait huh?

So they actually released a photo during the making of Eros of the sessions board? And "Asia" and "Mercedes" were two of the names?  

Well, if "Melanie", "Trempest", "Destiny", and "Dallas" weren't on the board, then that means we would pretty much have all the tentative names of all Eros tracks if someone could find that picture. That also means Eros has at least 12 tracks.

snw9

Quote from: Electron§ on Nov 05, 2011, 09:56 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 04, 2011, 04:19 PM

Quote from: m on Nov 04, 2011, 06:52 PM

Wait huh?

So they actually released a photo during the making of Eros of the sessions board? And "Asia" and "Mercedes" were two of the names? 

Well, if "Melanie", "Trempest", "Destiny", and "Dallas" weren't on the board, then that means we would pretty much have all the tentative names of all Eros tracks if someone could find that picture. That also means Eros has at least 12 tracks.

That makes sense, 12 official tracks. The usual deftones standard.
Code: [Select]

Electron§

Found it:

http://deftones-archives.com/engine9/engine_2009-02.htm

http://http://deftones-archives.com/engine9/images/divers/titres_travail_Eros.jpg

"There are 8 tracks on this picture (temporary?) Of Eros, the future album.

Mercedes, Melanie (already played live), Brenda, Cindi, Destiny, Asia, Briana Candy and thus confirm that the story of an album with just the names of strippers was not a schoolboy prank. ^ ^

After that, there is no guarantee that these "titles" will be reflected in the final album will be remembered, for example, New Murderer become Feiticeira of Tilde become Xerces ..."

So I guess now then we can say that the official track list for Eros was (at least at the time):

1. You've Seen The Butcher (this demo released on Deftones myspace page, not the D.E. version: Deftones Demo)
2. Destiny
3. Dallas
4. Melanie
5. Trempest
6. Mercedes
7. Brenda
8. Cindi
9. Asia
10. Briana
11. Candy

And if the album has 11 tracks, then we've already heard little snippets of four of them, and the full live version of one of them, so there's still six songs we have no idea about.

Thoughts?

Electron§

I can imagine "Destiny" being an electronic song, "Candy" being kind of creepy and slow, and "Trempest" having almost tribal type drums.

rock_n_frost

this has been posted before..its just some stupid beats, not about deftones
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Vesanic

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Nov 06, 2011, 11:00 AM
this has been posted before..its just some stupid beats, not about deftones

Yes, it is Deftones. It was posted on their MySpace with the title " You've Seen The Butcher ", circa 2008 if I'm correct.