Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electron§

Quote from: kitesvera on Nov 09, 2011, 12:43 AM
I still cant believe people are talking about DE being most of the Eros sessions. Go ask Shaun Lopez on facebook chat, seriously. He told me himself that Eros, was the record he preferred in comparison to DE. He also told me that nothing for Eros is on Diamond Eyes. How hard is to grasp that they just stopped with Eros, shelved it, and wrote an entirely new batch of songs with Sergio, that became Diamond Eyes. Is it really that hard to understand. And no matter how many people think so, the music in the one video that people think is Beauty School, is not Beauty School. Similar sounding, yes. Same song, no. Deftones, Sergio and Shaun Lopez have all stated as fact that Eros, is a completely different record from Diamond Eyes. Those are the facts.

thumbs up

snw9

Quote from: Electron§ on Nov 09, 2011, 12:51 AM
I still cant believe people are talking about DE being most of the Eros sessions. Go ask Shaun Lopez on facebook chat, seriously. He told me himself that Eros, was the record he preferred in comparison to DE. He also told me that nothing for Eros is on Diamond Eyes. How hard is to grasp that they just stopped with Eros, shelved it, and wrote an entirely new batch of songs with Sergio, that became Diamond Eyes. Is it really that hard to understand. And no matter how many people think so, the music in the one video that people think is Beauty School, is not Beauty School. Similar sounding, yes. Same song, no. Deftones, Sergio and Shaun Lopez have all stated as fact that Eros, is a completely different record from Diamond Eyes. Those are the facts.

thumbs up

Sticky on the mainscreen so it can be formally told one and for all! :D
Code: [Select]

from_musings

personally i don't have any facts about it. i would guess it's all different stuff aside from the early beauty school, but all i have read is by deftones themselves and now a guy on the internet. when i hear it is the day i have the facts :)

sooniletugo

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 09, 2011, 12:10 AM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Nov 08, 2011, 11:55 PM
How do we know that song similar to Beauty School is called Destiny? I just love that song though... sounds amazing. I hope we hear Eros in the near future.

Someone close to the band told me.

lol Well I'll take your word for it, i love that song. It's kind of annoying that it always gets referred to as an early Beauty School because even though there's some similarities it's got a totally different mood. Makes me feel quite sad. Would love to hear it.

Electron§

For some reason when I listen to White Pony and then listen to the Eros clips, it almost sounds like Eros kind of picks up right where white pony leaves off in some way.....

The songs seem to have a similar vibe.

pony_01

haha i never ask someone official before about that. i'll ask him one day on facebook chat

Vesanic

I agree with Aaron (kitesvera), and I've been saying this since the release of Diamond Eyes: none of the Eros material was used for Diamond Eyes.

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 09, 2011, 04:40 PM
none of the Eros material was used for Diamond Eyes.

probably true... but the theory is pretty awesome, it boosts up the mystic about the album. these speculations about eros is probably more interesting than the actual music on it. be thankful of this time and let the hype and the theorys flow.
and with that said, we haven't heard eros.  and lopez is one of them - he's also in their pact and a total feeder of the lie ;)

Vesanic

from_musings

sing blue silver

pony_01

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: pony_01 on Nov 09, 2011, 08:11 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 09, 2011, 06:58 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Nov 09, 2011, 05:15 PM
we haven't heard eros.

and we never will.

eros is a fucking myth

There was a second shooter who assassinated Kennedy!  9/11 was an inside job!  Barak Obama is a Muslim born in Africa!  Chemtrails are real!

Umm...  Ice cream is really made from unborn fetuses?!  I dunno.. I'm out of things to say...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

kitesvera

probably true... but the theory is pretty awesome, it boosts up the mystic about the album. these speculations about eros is probably more interesting than the actual music on it. be thankful of this time and let the hype and the theorys flow.
and with that said, we haven't heard eros.  and lopez is one of them - he's also in their pact and a total feeder of the lie ;)

trust me, I talked to shaun about this multiple times, and I dont think he would lie to me. I talked to him on FB chat and in person when i saw Far. He told me that he preferred the Eros material over DE. He said is was much heavier and more experimental than they have been in the past. I think if he tells me that he personally likes Eros more then DE i dont think he is lying. He also told me he didnt really care for DE too much. He didnt say it was bad or anything, just that he liked what he heard on Eros more. Shaun is a pretty honest dude when it comes to his opinions about something, i know this because i have been talking to the dude for years now whether on FB or in person, or through personal messages. If fact i have talked to him enough that he knows who i am and how much i support Far, Deftones and Crosses and has thanked me on multiple occasions for supporting the three for so long now. When i met him in 2009 i walked up to him after Far played and said hey shaun, how you doing dude, Im Aaron (or Kitesvera-My internet name) and he was like, oh shit whats up dude, nice to finally meet you in person!. We then had a 20 minute conversation about all sorts of stuff from Crosses, to Eros, to stories from when Deftones/Far toured europe in 97. Hes a great dude, and by far, no pun intended, one of the most down to earth musicians i have ever met. take this as you will, but i believe that what Shaun has told me is true.

Electron§

Quote from: kitesvera on Nov 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
He said is was much heavier and more experimental than they have been in the past.

Sounds very good.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

trust me, I talked to shaun about this multiple times, and I dont think he would lie to me. I talked to him on FB chat and in person when i saw Far. He told me that he preferred the Eros material over DE. He said is was much heavier and more experimental than they have been in the past. I think if he tells me that he personally likes Eros more then DE i dont think he is lying. He also told me he didnt really care for DE too much. He didnt say it was bad or anything, just that he liked what he heard on Eros more. Shaun is a pretty honest dude when it comes to his opinions about something, i know this because i have been talking to the dude for years now whether on FB or in person, or through personal messages. If fact i have talked to him enough that he knows who i am and how much i support Far, Deftones and Crosses and has thanked me on multiple occasions for supporting the three for so long now. When i met him in 2009 i walked up to him after Far played and said hey shaun, how you doing dude, Im Aaron (or Kitesvera-My internet name) and he was like, oh shit whats up dude, nice to finally meet you in person!. We then had a 20 minute conversation about all sorts of stuff from Crosses, to Eros, to stories from when Deftones/Far toured europe in 97. Hes a great dude, and by far, no pun intended, one of the most down to earth musicians i have ever met. take this as you will, but i believe that what Shaun has told me is true.
Has he became annoyed with you at all asking him the same question in every way imaginable? Did he ask you "didn't u ask me this already?"
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Electron§

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Nov 11, 2011, 02:40 AM

Has he became annoyed with you at all asking him the same question in every way imaginable? Did he ask you "didn't u ask me this already?"

Haha, this is actually what has kept me from trying to ask him these questions myself.

TheShade1989

I dont think it makes sense to think that anything frm Eros went onto Diamond Eyes, or was reworked slightly to be put onto Diamond Eyes. People were really excited about Eros because of it being called dark, unorthodox, experimental, weird, etc. A lotta you arent huge fans of Diamond Eyes, and it's generally their more upbeat and poppy-sounding album, so that seems kinda the opposite. As for it being recorded quickly, I dont think it's far-fetched to believe that they were just working together more efficiently than they had been previously.

Electron§

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 11, 2011, 10:31 AM
I dont think it makes sense to think that anything frm Eros went onto Diamond Eyes, or was reworked slightly to be put onto Diamond Eyes. People were really excited about Eros because of it being called dark, unorthodox, experimental, weird, etc. A lotta you arent huge fans of Diamond Eyes, and it's generally their more upbeat and poppy-sounding album, so that seems kinda the opposite. As for it being recorded quickly, I dont think it's far-fetched to believe that they were just working together more efficiently than they had been previously.

Exactly my thoughts.

Vesanic

I'm pretty sure Eros is a more structured, heavier and even more experimental version of SNW. Take the best they could have made of the Bob Ezrin demos, add some more heaviness and " weird " shit, and you have Eros. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to hear some more angry pissed off shit on it.