Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

so don't doubt it again. shit gets old ;)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 21, 2012, 01:57 AM
At least we know it still has a fighting chance of coming out. Nothing is ever guaranteed.

That's right. This is a hell full of good intentions

scatterbrain

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Sep 21, 2012, 05:09 AM
At least we know it still has a fighting chance of coming out. Nothing is ever guaranteed.

So true man.I don't think a album has been so anticapated by fans for any band,ever.most bands fans wouldev forgot about it by now.if anything we just get more exiceted as time moves along.we wont ever let this go,till a physical copy is in our hands.
im me and thats all ill ever be

dictatesofreason

Quote from: scatterbrain on Sep 21, 2012, 05:22 AM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Sep 21, 2012, 05:09 AM

So true man.I don't think a album has been so anticapated by fans for any band,ever.most bands fans wouldev forgot about it by now.if anything we just get more exiceted as time moves along.we wont ever let this go,till a physical copy is in our hands.
exactly.

bewareofrats

It's not that anticipated by me.  It is, but I am much more interested in hearing new stuff.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

dictatesofreason

RollerDerby

Am I the only person that is curious if Eros will be re-recorded if Chi doesn't come out Of a coma?
"Carve your niche."

RollerDerby

Not being morbid, I swear. I just don't like the thought of sergio perforReming that last album.
"Carve your niche."

RollerDerby

I like Sergio, but that was the last piece Chi contributed to.
"Carve your niche."

M1GHTY M4VS

Hardly doubt they'll rerecord it, they haven't even touched Melanie live, they just stepped away from it and shelved it for better times, they didn't say they're going to do anything to it as it is essentially done, they know how to pay respect, It'd be the same as if Dave Grohl rerecorded the Cobain Voices just because he isn't able to contribute anymore don't go in that direction thinking just because Vega is a substitute he embarresses meaningful stuff. For sure he knows how to handle the situation. Sometimes I just think they can't make satisfying decisions regarding eros other than Chi getting out again and beeing himself like ever.

dictatesofreason

whch is not going to happen the band has another one or  two albums left in them and by that time chi wont have made a full recovery, yes  "miracles" happen but lets be realisitic, we prolly wont see eros until they disband or maybe not ever, that being said a s a big eros fan im gunna keep whining about it.

Electron§

It will leak. Eventually.

Knucklestones

Quote from: Electron§ on Sep 23, 2012, 11:10 AM
It will leak. Eventually.
Probably. Entertain Me did and we thought we'd never get to see that.

punkflop01

sing blue silver

Only another 6 years to go until it leaks.

Corleone

Terry Date is Deftones.

Jacob

Quote from: bewareofrats on Sep 21, 2012, 06:46 AM
It's not that anticipated by me.  It is, but I am much more interested in hearing new stuff.

I agree. I just don't get this obsession with Eros. yes, it would be very interesting to hear it. but for one, it wasn't finished and judging from the SNW demos, unfinished Deftones material isn't all that exciting. second, we haven't even heard anything, not as much as a demo, and yet everyone is certain that it was the most amazing music they ever did? what if it sucks? you will be so god damn disappointed then. even if it's mediocre, hearing it will be like a huge slap in the face for all of you hyping it up. and what about Chi? would it really be fine to release the album everyone considers his last (so far), and risk letting everyone down?

if it leaks or is released, that's great. but until then, just enjoy the music they're actually making now. not only for your own mental health, but also out of respect for the band.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 29, 2012, 09:37 PM
I just don't get this obsession with Eros. yes, it would be very interesting to hear it. but for one, it wasn't finished and judging from the SNW demos, unfinished Deftones material isn't all that exciting.

Well, that's your opinion. I love these demos and they're definitely exciting to me. Just accept that some people love that kind of material and you'll understand the obsession.

Electron§

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
I just don't get this obsession with Eros. yes, it would be very interesting to hear it. but for one, it wasn't finished and judging from the SNW demos, unfinished Deftones material isn't all that exciting.

Well, that's your opinion. I love these demos and they're definitely exciting to me. Just accept that some people love that kind of material and you'll understand the obsession.

Agreed.

And I wouldn't exactly call Eros unfinished, all it needed was half of Chinos vocal tracks. Other than that it was finished....

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Electron§ on Sep 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 29, 2012, 10:09 PM

Agreed.

And I wouldn't exactly for Eros unfinished, all it needed was half of Chinos vocal tracks. Other than that it was finished....
Definitely agree with this that had all the tracks refined and just needed to lay them down they wouldn't have played melanie live if they only had demos they usually wait till the album pretty much done before playing songs live.